+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Selected to stay or seleted to leave...

Being Selected to stay or seleted to leave...

I watched the last Average Joe series (Adam), the second Bachelor series (Aaron) and now this series (Jesse). One of the main differences between the two shows is how the women are selected at the end of each show, in AJ the women are selected to leave and in TB they are selected to stay. I know it's a wash at the end, but I'm interested in hearing a "woman's perspective" (I'm a guy) on which you prefer to watch, which you would prefer if you were on the show, and why.

I like TB method better to watch, the women aren't being singled out for rejection, I feel bad for them watching them have to do the walk of shame and it's fun watching some of their reactions when they get called (e.g Jesse and Katie from the first episode, Julie from the second "Go Jesse Go" ).

If I was on the show as one of many suiters, I think I would prefer the AJ method, as each name get's called my odds of staying increase, and if I do get called it's my chance to say a few choice words... If I was on the show as the bachelor I think I'd go with TB style even with the chance of having roses rejected en-mass, singling the women out for rejection is just too mean.

I sort of think The Bachelor's method is better... although it would be kind of nerve-wracking to have to stand there *hoping* to hear your name....
    Did you also watch "For Love or Money"? I kind of liked the way they did it, although it was awkward at times - they called both the people they were keeping & the people they were sending home.... so everyone had a chance for some final words....
    But I guess no matter which way you look at it, being rejected sucks!! :phhht

FORT Fan
    I think I like the way the bachelor does it better. It puts less pressure on the women who are not selected. They don't even have to speak to the Bacelor afterward if they don't want to

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo
    I think I like the way the bachelor does it better. It puts less pressure on the women who are not selected. They don't even have to speak to the Bacelor afterward if they don't want to

I think the bachelor way makes it easier on those not staying and at the same time more special for those being asked to stay.
    Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    How do I edit the subject? I make a spelling mistake...
    For that matter, how do I edit my own posts?

As far as editing your own posts, you have 30 minutes from the time of posting to make a correction. Within that 30 minutes, go back to the post in question and there will be a "edit" button next to the "post" button in the lower right hand corner of your post.

Not sure how to edit the title of a thread....I'd guess you'd have to PM a mod.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Once you have posted there should be a edit link at the bottom of your own post on the screen. Use that link.

For Love or Money's approach at rejecting was probably the best in my opinion....then you werent dreading the person isnt dreading the sound of thier name, or praying it is heard.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    As far as editing your own posts, you have 30 minutes from the time of posting to make a correction.
    Thanks, I figured it out as soon looked at my question after posting it. Then I deleted it because I didn't want to waste people's time answering the question when I'd already figured it out... of course two people did before I got it deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy31
    For Love or Money's approach at rejecting was probably the best in my opinion....then you werent dreading the person isnt dreading the sound of thier name, or praying it is heard.
    i agree! and i loved that show talk about hot guys does anyone know if there will be a new season this summer?
    You never lose by loving; you always lose by holding back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast