+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article of Jesse watching the show with buddies

Quote Originally Posted by lemon_drop
    Yesterday Jesse was interviewed on Sunny radio station in Houston. Instead of saying "they're making Trish look bad" or "you're not seeing the real person" he laughed and said "Trish is a mess and it took me awhile to figure it out, but I did".
    I don't think this is a breach-of-confidentiality, because it certainly doesn't tell us whether or not she was the winner. He could very well be saying that she DID win, and after spending more time with her he finally figured it out.

The Trish-image vs. Tara image is quite interesting. Every guy would "want" Trish initially, just because of the confident vibe she gives off. That has total appeal. It's only after they think about that for awhile that it feels to them like getting somebody's leftovers. But the initial attraction to that confidence, that "promise" of "something they'll like",...it's programmed into them, and they all lust for the Trish-type even when their brain tries to warn them.

Wow, Tara? I thought after she wouldn't put out, she was a goner for sure. But then she gets a rose! I just can't tell if there is a mystique here that Jesse is drawn to, or if he's trying to force something with Tara because Jenny recommended her most? Yes, every guy wants to bring a "nice girl" home to Mom, so maybe this is how he's viewing her lack of slobber-swap.

Don't you think if you were in his shoes, getting this close to the end, and someone wouldn't kiss you, that you would sit down with them and have an honest chat about whether or not they're interested in you enough to pursue a relationship, and do they want to be considered or sent home? He knows he has to eliminate someone next week too, so surely he wants to know. Producers probably just edit most of the common-sense conversation out.

Wasn't Tara one who asked if Trish had been checked for HIV? Maybe Tara is truly disgusted by Trish and does NOT want to kiss him until Trish is gone. This is somewhat extreme, but if you're really grossed out by someone, maybe that's how you think.

Maybe it's a simple matter of Jesse still wanting to pursue her just because he hasn't "conquered" her yet.

Hopefully there is something really genuine brewing behind the scenes, and the opposite-of-Trish girl will win.

I thought it was interesting that the guys liked Tara's move of telling Trish she didn't deserve to be there. I wan't sure I was that impressed by it. Or by Karen's parting warning (even though I would've wanted to warn him just like that!).

Interesting. I can relate a little to the Tara thing myself! I am 12 years younger than my husband. He's quite a catch! When we first met I thought noooo way! To me he was too young. End of discussion. I took the Tara road. We hung out, I refused to kiss him and he pursued me for SIX MONTHS. We had our first kiss 6 months later!!! He later told me that drove him nuts! He has kinda watched the Bachelor with me. When he saw Tara's reluctance to kiss Jesse, he said "she's doing your thing and she's gonna win, hahaha!" and I guess we'll see how much that intrigues him. If he is in it for marriage, Tara will win. If not, then she won't. And no I am not a prude! We've been married 5 years now.

As much as I would like to see Tara win...it's too "obvious" for Bachelor standards. With their editing and all...it's usually anybody but the frontrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    As much as I would like to see Tara win...it's too "obvious" for Bachelor standards. With their editing and all...it's usually anybody but the frontrunner.
    Interesting. I don't think it's obvious at all by just watching the show that Tara is the winner. In fact, the editors have gone out of their way to make Tara seem unable to open up. On the other hand, we have Jesse's goofy comment about feeling like a kid again with Jessica and his gushing about his date with Mandy Jaye last episode. The fact that his friends think it's Tara isn't anything the producers can control or have an influence over. It could be that they are editing Tara this way to make people who regularly watch the show think she wins because she's under the radar for the most part when in fact it's someone else. It will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Interesting. I don't think it's obvious at all by just watching the show that Tara is the winner. In fact, the editors have gone out of their way to make Tara seem unable to open up. On the other hand, we have Jesse's goofy comment about feeling like a kid again with Jessica and his gushing about his date with Mandy Jaye last episode. The fact that his friends think it's Tara isn't anything the producers can control or have an influence over. It could be that they are editing Tara this way to make people who regularly watch the show think she wins because she's under the radar for the most part when in fact it's someone else. It will be interesting to see.
    Tara may very well be the under-the-radar candidate..In Blob's season, you didn't know Estella existed until halfway through the shows..also I kept remembering Blob's comments about his date with Meredith..that when he kissed her it felt like the first time.[Liar Liar Pants On Fire] With Ian, he was indeed edited to be a closed off non-committal suitor who commits in the end. If anyone has a storyline that would warm the cockles of Fleiss & Co's heart it would be that closed up Tara opens up to Jesse. Unfortunately, I also remember that all of Meredith's friends prior to the overnights, were predicting Chad as the winner, so Jesse's buds could be WAY off too.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    *bump*

Here's this week's commentary:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3...erlor/toomer/3

Tara again.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I'm sick of butt cracks.. TeelaGirl's Avatar
    Thanks ineedalife!
    Looks like Tara is the one.

Okay, I guess its safe to say that it looks like Tara is going to be 'the one' based on what we read. I just don't understand though what happened with Jessica...though I think her age and her law school pursuit would most likely be the biggest problem. Oh well......Tara's cool too......what can I say?
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

No matter how funny the material is that I read, I rarely laugh out loud. I made the exception for this, though:

To be a model and be in the business she's in, you have to be that way because if you accept no for answer ... I mean, everyone's going to tell you no. She has to go after her jobs in her modeling career and go after the men in her ho'ing career (Laughs long and hard).
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Thanks Ineeda. I at the Lara Croft comparison with Tara.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast