+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article of Jesse watching the show with buddies

FORT Fan
    That Bill Withers song "Watching You Watching Me" should have been the sound track to Wednesday night's viewing party for "The Bachelor" at Planet Hollywood in New York's bustling Times Square.

Looks like the Palmer hair-do is catching on with linebacker Nick Greisen.Cameras and microphones littered the otherwise cozy, private party room on the second floor. Even the busy, bright lights and oversized billboards of Times Square, clearly visible from the large windows, didn't distract anyone from the reason they were there -- to watch "The Bachelor," literally.

Hoping for a wink of the eye, a twitch, a smile, any sign from Palmer to offer even a slight indication of which one of the ladies he picked in the end, eyes and lenses were switching between the flatscreen TV and Palmer himself, surrounded by his NFL co-workers.

Palmer did not let on about a thing. He sat watching the show, reacting and laughing as if he were just some regular dude hooked on this reality TV soap opera. "It would be interesting to find out what people are reading into it ... maybe they can decide on who I picked based on my face because I'm not very conscious of it," he admitted. As to how he's been able keep his poker face for so long, he said, "Probably all the drinks I've had tonight (laughs)."

Or maybe it's the $5 million he would have to fork over if he lets the cat out of the bag. Contracts can be so very sobering.

Although the mood of the evening was light, one player, wide receiver Ryan Hoag, did talk about the football. Moreover, the business of football, namely the NY Giants' roster situation this past week with rookie Eli Manning moving into the starting quarterback role and veteran Kerry Collins getting dropped.

"As the season nears, I'm just looking forward to how our team comes together. You know we have a ton of controversy and everybody's eyes are on us ... with Eli (Manning) coming in and Kerry being out as of (Wednesday), it will be interesting to see how the team gels. We going to miss Kerry and it's tough for any rookie, let alone a rookie quarterback -- I was a rookie last year so I know how it is, and I was just a seventh round draft. I wasn't asked to come in and start," Hoag said.

"My advice to Eli? I think he started off well by saying that he expects to have all eyes on him. He needs to know what things to focus on and the No. 1 thing to focus on his your playbook. Especially as QB, there'll be a million things running through your head. The other thing is not try to do too much. Don't try to impress everybody. Don't try to become friends with everybody. Just know your role and you will become a leader because of your position, naturally.

"You're not going to be forced to be the guy right away. That's the blessing of having guys like Tiki (Barber), Michael Strahan, Amani (Toomer) and (Jeremy) Shockey who can lead by example."

As the nine o'clock hour approached, everyone took their seats and the volume on the television was raised. Smiles were plastered on faces before the show's opening sequence. Page 3 checked in with Toomer and the team for their report on their boy, "The Bachelor":

Who spends more time on their hair, Jesse Palmer or Jeremy Shockey?
    Omar Smith: Probably Palmer.

Quincy Monk: Jesse, he's a pretty boy.

Ryan Hoag: Jesse. He's such a pretty boy. Shockey is the Oklahoma roughneck type who slicks his hair back with his hands. But Jesse, I mean just look at this picture right here (holds up a press release with Palmer's mug). Are you kidding me? You'd have to spend about a half hour to achieve that look.

Darnell Dinkens: (Laughs) Probably Shockey.

Ryan Clark: Shockey just throws his hair back and rolls with it, so I'd say Jesse. Shockey is not as much of a pretty boy as people think. I mean, Shockey is from Ada, Oklahoma ... if you're from a city that they can spell in three letters, you can't take much time on nothing!

Jesse Palmer: They probably said me. (Laughs). I wake up, it's the bed head thing I've got going, you know. You can't pick your genes (laughs).

Who will get married first, Palmer or Shockey?
    Omar: (Laughs) I'd say Palmer right now because Shockey still has some more things he needs to get out of his system.

Quincy: That's a close one. I think Jesse might edge him out.

Ryan H.: I think Palmer might be engaged right now. From the first episode I said it was going to be Tara and I even told him that the next day and the way he looked at me and his response ... I just have a feeling it's her.

Jesse's best move
    Amani Toomer: When he confronted Trish about the sleeping with a married man.

Darnell: Going on the boat with Mandy J. She's hot and it was a good date.

Jack Brewer: When he called Trish out. It kept it very real. It was smart of him and it showed you what he's about.

Ryan C.: That he plays the girls as separate entities, like if he's with you tonight, he's not thinking about what he did with her yesterday. He's enjoying each experience with each of the girls. I'm scared he's going to get sick because he keeps kissing all of them!

Jesse: I'm proud of being myself. I'm not trying to be too cool or be overly romantic because I'm just a big goofball a lot of the times. A lot of the terminology and inside jokes that we have in the locker room are coming out.

Jesse's worst move
    Amani: When he was on the boat and he did the "Titanic" thing with Mandy J. That was a little corny.

Darnell: Kissing Trish. Never know where her mouth has been.

Amani Toomer worked the room with a "Cold Pizza" mic in hand.Jack: Keeping Trish around.

Ryan C.: Keeping Trish. Golllleeeyy! I don't want to say I hate her because hate is such a strong word but I mean, being in this profession and being as high profile as Jesse is, that's the type of woman you want to avoid. His best friend has told him what she's about and then (Trish) was telling him that he was getting two different (cheating) stories mixed up. I mean that's cause for extra booting!

Girls' best move
    Amani: When Trish went back out to talk to him and make sure things were OK. No, that was a good move. The best move was after they got the roses when Tara goes to Trish and she's like, "You don't deserve to be here." That was the best. I'm starting to really like Tara.

Jack: Just to get on this show. However they qualified for it, it had to take a good move to get on this show and have the opportunity to be around a guy like Jesse. He's got so much going for himself and he's single. He really came into it with an open mind. He's being really true about this; it's not for the hype and fame, he already has all of that.

Jesse: If I'm another guy just watching the show? I'd say that their best move is honesty.

Girls' worst move
    Amani: When they were getting drunk in the pool. That was really bad.

Ryan C.: Not being real. I think a lot of the women are saying the things they think Jesse wants to hear. But after a while the show will be over and if your goal is to look good for your family and be the upstanding one on the show, fine, but be yourself.

Jesse: That's a good question. I guess I haven't gotten slapped yet so ... (laughs) No violence is good.

Trish appeal
    (What is your take on Trish?):
    Nick Greisen: I'm not against Trish at all. I feel like when guys are with guys, they exaggerate things a lot but then when they are out with women, what do they say? "Oh, I don't do that. I'm very low key." You know, they play it right. Trish has a lot of guy friends ... she knows how to play the game. She's smart like that. Like her shirt says: I'm a gold digger ... a hooker only smarter (laughs). No, she seems cool. She has a past; everybody does. The only problem I do have with her is she's a bit too open about it.

Darnell: I don't know why he's keeping Trish. I mean, nobody wants sloppy seconds and at the same time, nobody wants someone who will lie to your face and flip the script behind your back. If she had been herself and say, "I'm like this and this and this," I would have no problem. But for his sake, you don't want someone telling you they love you and then try to divorce you and take half. Women are unique and special and you want someone to be the same in front of the camera as they are behind the camera. I think she's just frontin'.

Ryan H.: I think TV has made Trish out to be worse than she is. I think she has said some things more for shock value than her true honest opinion. She may not necessarily have the best morals, but TV can turn things around ... and she's a model so maybe she's trying to create a stir and use shock value kind of how Omarosa did (on "The Apprentice"). Look how well Omarosa's doing now, with all the publicity.

Jesse : I expected an overwhelming wave of boos (with the Trish pick). It's funny to watch the guys and how they are following me in this, Amani just called it a soap opera. The guys are really getting into it. I think it's so wild. I would have never expected this kind of reaction from the guys. The fact that they even want to watch the show is hilarious. (Laughs)

Locker Room Ammo
    (What Jesse did that week that would cause him to get crap in the locker room):
    Amani: Oh, there's so much. From the tight shirt he wore on the date with Tara to ... when he said, "This was the first time that I was out on a date and I didn't want it to end." I was like, Aww, Jesse, you're going out!

Players need to play, ballers need to ball, right? Linebacker Quincy Monk knows that's right.Darnell: Kissing Trish.

Jack: (Laughs) The fact that he's kissed every girl he's gone out with!

Ryan C.: Definitely saying that he wished the date would never end and that the girl made him feel like a kid again was terrible! I mean, for God's sake, you play quarterback; you're the leader of the team. I mean what is that?

Jesse: When they superimposed me on someone else's body doing the "Titanic" thing (laughs). That's going to come up tomorrow, I guarantee.

Overall/Quick wrap-up
    Amani: I was so shocked about Trish. Knowing all the stuff that he knows and how he grilled her about it in their little private time, it just seemed like he was definitely going to give her the boot, but there's something about her that makes him want to keep her around all the time. I think it's going to be Tara in the end. But Trish, I don't think she's going to stick around that long.

Darnell: If I was in his shoes, I'd pick Mandy J.

Ryan C.: I think if he did go on this show to find someone, he'll choose the most wholesome woman. One that he can bring home to mom.

Nick: I thought before that (the winner) was going to be Tara, but I saw him getting a little upset with her tonight when they were on the fireplace, so I don't know. Mandy J? I don't think so. Trish? No, she's out. But every week it changes. Once we get down to the last two, I'm going to know for sure.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon_drop
    Yesterday Jesse was interviewed on Sunny radio station in Houston. Instead of saying "they're making Trish look bad" or "you're not seeing the real person" he laughed and said "Trish is a mess and it took me awhile to figure it out, but I did".
    Someone posted in the Chris thread about things that Chris has said in regards to Jessie's final pick. Chris apparently said, "Trish".. and now this (what I quoted above).

What I'm wondering about is the "confidentiality clauses" regarding saying stuff PRIOR to the ending. ALL of the Bachelor/ette shows have been strict regarding telling spoilers and/or final results to the public...why are there loose comments and possible spoilers being spoken by everyone??
    Are they just lying, so it makes it "ok"?
    I just don't recall anyone else ever leaking info or blatently saying stuff to the public, like they are in this Bachelor.
    Chris= Outright saying Trish is the winner.
    Jessie= Didn't pick Trish.

Aren't they both suppose to be zip-lipped until after the final rose?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Here you go:

That Bill Withers song "Watching You Watching Me" should have been the sound track to Wednesday night's viewing party for "The Bachelor" at Planet Hollywood in New York's bustling Times Square.

Looks like the Palmer hair-do is catching on with linebacker Nick Greisen.Cameras and microphones littered the otherwise cozy, private party room on the second floor. Even the busy, bright lights and oversized billboards of Times Square, clearly visible from the large windows, didn't distract anyone from the reason they were there -- to watch "The Bachelor," literally.

Hoping for a wink of the eye, a twitch, a smile, any sign from Palmer to offer even a slight indication of which one of the ladies he picked in the end, eyes and lenses were switching between the flatscreen TV and Palmer himself, surrounded by his NFL co-workers.

Palmer did not let on about a thing. He sat watching the show, reacting and laughing as if he were just some regular dude hooked on this reality TV soap opera. "It would be interesting to find out what people are reading into it ... maybe they can decide on who I picked based on my face because I'm not very conscious of it," he admitted. As to how he's been able keep his poker face for so long, he said, "Probably all the drinks I've had tonight (laughs)."

Or maybe it's the $5 million he would have to fork over if he lets the cat out of the bag. Contracts can be so very sobering.

Although the mood of the evening was light, one player, wide receiver Ryan Hoag, did talk about the football. Moreover, the business of football, namely the NY Giants' roster situation this past week with rookie Eli Manning moving into the starting quarterback role and veteran Kerry Collins getting dropped.

"As the season nears, I'm just looking forward to how our team comes together. You know we have a ton of controversy and everybody's eyes are on us ... with Eli (Manning) coming in and Kerry being out as of (Wednesday), it will be interesting to see how the team gels. We going to miss Kerry and it's tough for any rookie, let alone a rookie quarterback -- I was a rookie last year so I know how it is, and I was just a seventh round draft. I wasn't asked to come in and start," Hoag said.

"My advice to Eli? I think he started off well by saying that he expects to have all eyes on him. He needs to know what things to focus on and the No. 1 thing to focus on his your playbook. Especially as QB, there'll be a million things running through your head. The other thing is not try to do too much. Don't try to impress everybody. Don't try to become friends with everybody. Just know your role and you will become a leader because of your position, naturally.

"You're not going to be forced to be the guy right away. That's the blessing of having guys like Tiki (Barber), Michael Strahan, Amani (Toomer) and (Jeremy) Shockey who can lead by example."

As the nine o'clock hour approached, everyone took their seats and the volume on the television was raised. Smiles were plastered on faces before the show's opening sequence. Page 3 checked in with Toomer and the team for their report on their boy, "The Bachelor":

Ryan Hoag: Jesse. He's such a pretty boy. Shockey is the Oklahoma roughneck type who slicks his hair back with his hands. But Jesse, I mean just look at this picture right here (holds up a press release with Palmer's mug). Are you kidding me? You'd have to spend about a half hour to achieve that look.

Ryan Clark: Shockey just throws his hair back and rolls with it, so I'd say Jesse. Shockey is not as much of a pretty boy as people think. I mean, Shockey is from Ada, Oklahoma ... if you're from a city that they can spell in three letters, you can't take much time on nothing!

Jesse Palmer: They probably said me. (Laughs). I wake up, it's the bed head thing I've got going, you know. You can't pick your genes (laughs).

Omar: (Laughs) I'd say Palmer right now because Shockey still has some more things he needs to get out of his system.

Ryan H.: I think Palmer might be engaged right now. From the first episode I said it was going to be Tara and I even told him that the next day and the way he looked at me and his response ... I just have a feeling it's her.

Jesse's best move

Jack Brewer: When he called Trish out. It kept it very real. It was smart of him and it showed you what he's about.

Ryan C.: That he plays the girls as separate entities, like if he's with you tonight, he's not thinking about what he did with her yesterday. He's enjoying each experience with each of the girls. I'm scared he's going to get sick because he keeps kissing all of them!

Jesse: I'm proud of being myself. I'm not trying to be too cool or be overly romantic because I'm just a big goofball a lot of the times. A lot of the terminology and inside jokes that we have in the locker room are coming out.

Jesse's worst move
    Amani: When he was on the boat and he did the "Titanic" thing with Mandy J. That was a little corny.

Amani Toomer worked the room with a "Cold Pizza" mic in hand.Jack: Keeping Trish around.

Ryan C.: Keeping Trish. Golllleeeyy! I don't want to say I hate her because hate is such a strong word but I mean, being in this profession and being as high profile as Jesse is, that's the type of woman you want to avoid. His best friend has told him what she's about and then (Trish) was telling him that he was getting two different (cheating) stories mixed up. I mean that's cause for extra booting!

Girls' best move
    Amani: When Trish went back out to talk to him and make sure things were OK. No, that was a good move. The best move was after they got the roses when Tara goes to Trish and she's like, "You don't deserve to be here." That was the best. I'm starting to really like Tara.

Jack: Just to get on this show. However they qualified for it, it had to take a good move to get on this show and have the opportunity to be around a guy like Jesse. He's got so much going for himself and he's single. He really came into it with an open mind. He's being really true about this; it's not for the hype and fame, he already has all of that.

Jesse: If I'm another guy just watching the show? I'd say that their best move is honesty.

Girls' worst move

Ryan C.: Not being real. I think a lot of the women are saying the things they think Jesse wants to hear. But after a while the show will be over and if your goal is to look good for your family and be the upstanding one on the show, fine, but be yourself.

Jesse: That's a good question. I guess I haven't gotten slapped yet so ... (laughs) No violence is good.

Trish appeal
    Nick Greisen: I'm not against Trish at all. I feel like when guys are with guys, they exaggerate things a lot but then when they are out with women, what do they say? "Oh, I don't do that. I'm very low key." You know, they play it right. Trish has a lot of guy friends ... she knows how to play the game. She's smart like that. Like her shirt says: I'm a gold digger ... a hooker only smarter (laughs). No, she seems cool. She has a past; everybody does. The only problem I do have with her is she's a bit too open about it.

Darnell: I don't know why he's keeping Trish. I mean, nobody wants sloppy seconds and at the same time, nobody wants someone who will lie to your face and flip the script behind your back. If she had been herself and say, "I'm like this and this and this," I would have no problem. But for his sake, you don't want someone telling you they love you and then try to divorce you and take half. Women are unique and special and you want someone to be the same in front of the camera as they are behind the camera. I think she's just frontin'.

Ryan H.: I think TV has made Trish out to be worse than she is. I think she has said some things more for shock value than her true honest opinion. She may not necessarily have the best morals, but TV can turn things around ... and she's a model so maybe she's trying to create a stir and use shock value kind of how Omarosa did (on "The Apprentice"). Look how well Omarosa's doing now, with all the publicity.

Jesse : I expected an overwhelming wave of boos (with the Trish pick). It's funny to watch the guys and how they are following me in this, Amani just called it a soap opera. The guys are really getting into it. I think it's so wild. I would have never expected this kind of reaction from the guys. The fact that they even want to watch the show is hilarious. (Laughs)

Locker Room Ammo
    Amani: Oh, there's so much. From the tight shirt he wore on the date with Tara to ... when he said, "This was the first time that I was out on a date and I didn't want it to end." I was like, Aww, Jesse, you're going out!

Players need to play, ballers need to ball, right? Linebacker Quincy Monk knows that's right.Darnell: Kissing Trish.

Ryan C.: Definitely saying that he wished the date would never end and that the girl made him feel like a kid again was terrible! I mean, for God's sake, you play quarterback; you're the leader of the team. I mean what is that?

Jesse: When they superimposed me on someone else's body doing the "Titanic" thing (laughs). That's going to come up tomorrow, I guarantee.

Overall/Quick wrap-up
    Amani: I was so shocked about Trish. Knowing all the stuff that he knows and how he grilled her about it in their little private time, it just seemed like he was definitely going to give her the boot, but there's something about her that makes him want to keep her around all the time. I think it's going to be Tara in the end. But Trish, I don't think she's going to stick around that long.

Ryan C.: I think if he did go on this show to find someone, he'll choose the most wholesome woman. One that he can bring home to mom.

Nick: I thought before that (the winner) was going to be Tara, but I saw him getting a little upset with her tonight when they were on the fireplace, so I don't know. Mandy J? I don't think so. Trish? No, she's out. But every week it changes. Once we get down to the last two, I'm going to know for sure.

I liked the article w/ his friends, very very cute imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    he laughed and said "Trish is a mess and it took me awhile to figure it out, but I did".

YEA!!!!!!

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    Thanks lemondrop!
    in the first pic that you look at with the article jesse doesn't look too happy to be there! guess i wouldn't either if i was on tv swapin spit with every girl i "dated".

this is the greatest quote EVER!!!!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Yesterday Jesse was interviewed on Sunny radio station in Houston. Instead of saying "they're making Trish look bad" or "you're not seeing the real person" he laughed and said "Trish is a mess and it took me awhile to figure it out, but I did".
    Doesn't this qualify as a breech of contract?

I think it would be hard to find a jury that would find Jesse in breach of contract when ABC themselves made this "The Trish is a Mess Show" and let's see how long it takes the stud with no brains to figure that out!

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    Can someone post the article here because I cant view the page
    Here's it is....

Jesse's best move

Jesse's worst move

Girls' best move

Girls' worst move

Trish appeal

Locker Room Ammo

Overall/Quick wrap-up

My favorite quote said about Trish..Darnell."I think she's just frontin'. "
    Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast