+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kissing bias?

Kissing bias?

I have noticed that many (most?) of Jesse's kisses with various women are with their heads tilted to the left. Individuals (or, eventually, couples) tend to be biased toward right- or left-tilted kissing, and the left-tilted bias is much less common, according to recent research (for example, see
    news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/02/0212_030212_rightkiss.html).
    I think this pattern is consistent with the idea that Jesse is typically the kissing agressor (not surprising) and for some reason has a left bias. But I'm also wondering whether (1) the frequency of left-tilting is different among the women, and (2) the pattern changes over time for each woman as she gets more (or less) interested in him. Those with interest and time on their hands might keep track while looking at screen caps, or while watching the show. I can provide the data analysis. This might also provide new clues about who is being kissed in obscured-head kissing shots (unless ABC is flipping the images!)

Signed, your friendly neighborhood science geek, who is bored of talking about Trish but has no time to look at screen caps

Maybe Jesse tilts his head to the left is because he's left-handed...
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Maybe the tilting of his head has to do with which side of the cranium his ball of brains has rolled to at that time.

Cause..well, you know... cause marching bands are so like..ya know, "dope!!

Last edited by Maveno; 04-29-2004 at 04:59 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by toni
    Maybe Jesse tilts his head to the left is because he's left-handed...
    As far as I know, the association between handedness and head tilting hasn't been found, and I'm pretty sure Jesse is right handed (from throwing the football). Regardless of the reason, I'm interested in knowing whether he determines the kissing position with all the women.

Crystal Allen

Head Question

Isn't there some theory about humans naturally moving their heads towards a direction where certain things are stored in the brain. Something along the lines of if you're trying to remember a person's name you look [for instance] up and to the left because that is stored in that section of the brain, whereas if your're trying to visualize something, you would look downward as visual memories are stored in that section of the brain.

Could this be relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Maybe the tilting of his head has to do with which side of the cranium his ball of brains has rolled to at that time.

Cause..well, you know... cause marching bands are so like..ya know, "dope!!

great hillarious quote! Jesse is definitly not the brightest crayon in the box....but thats ok, we figured this out after Trish got the first impression rose

Quote Originally Posted by Dorthy31
    great hillarious quote! Jesse is definitly not the brightest crayon in the box....but thats ok, we figured this out after Trish got the first impression rose
    totally! the first impression rose what happened to the mandy c (i believe) when he said that she was captivating.. it was a mistake that he gave the rose to her .. but hes not as great as i first thought he was.. hopefully he will wise up and starting thinking w/ his brain for next elimination.
    You never lose by loving; you always lose by holding back.

Isn't there some theory about humans naturally moving their heads towards a direction where certain things are stored in the brain. Something along the lines of if you're trying to remember a person's name you look [for instance] up and to the left because that is stored in that section of the brain, whereas if your're trying to visualize something, you would look downward as visual memories are stored in that section of the brain.

Could this be relevant?

sorry about that last post! My son bumped my mouse and sent it off without my reply!
    What I was going to say was that it's called neurolinguistic programming. For instance, if you are right handed and you look up and to the right, you are recalling a memory and you can tell if a person is lying as well. There's a lot more to this but I don't have enough space to go into it!

He has given so much footage of slober swapping, I don't know if anyone would have enough time to analyze ALL of Jesse's kissing!
    Beat the Hell out of K State!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast