+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kissing bias?

Duxxy you always make me .
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

awesome!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Tmduckie
    Scout Gunn was the name of the author of the text we used in college when I took this class. A former co-worker was part of a seminar on it recently and we spent a lot of time discussing it. The one drawback, with reading the facial expressions is that you have to know what hand they write with. I have no clue how an ambidextrous person would fit into that.
    It's just a myth (the direction of your eyes indicating if you're lying or not). There are too, too many factors involved, so it's not reliable AT ALL. Whatever the lying eye movement is, I do it all the time, according to a psych research asst, and I definitely am not that much of a liar! It's eye movement, it just happens, and there is no way to reliably correlate eye movement with lying. Many people divert there eyes simply to limit or avoid eye contact, although they are not lying at all! I actually hate looking at people eye to eye, because it seems to cause guys to ask me out. Maybe that sounds crazy. But it's easier to just not look at people very much. Trying to gauge a person's validity from their eye movement is a big mistake.

Eye movement is much more a reflection of habit than indicator of honesty.

It's just a myth (the direction of your eyes indicating if you're lying or not). There are too, too many factors involved, so it's not reliable AT ALL. Whatever the lying eye movement is, I do it all the time, according to a psych research asst, and I definitely am not that much of a liar! It's eye movement, it just happens, and there is no way to reliably correlate eye movement with lying. Many people divert there eyes simply to limit or avoid eye contact, although they are not lying at all! I actually hate looking at people eye to eye, because it seems to cause guys to ask me out. Maybe that sounds crazy. But it's easier to just not look at people very much. Trying to gauge a person's validity from their eye movement is a big mistake.

Eye movement is much more a reflection of habit than indicator of honesty.

I've never placed a lot of emphasis on it as it is not exact, nor did I say it was very scientific. There are too many "ifs" to make it true 100% of the time. But it is interesting to read about and when Six Degrees mentioned a "theory about humans naturally moving their heads towards a direction where certain things are stored in the brain", I thought of that.

Reality is an addiction LilliesandRoses's Avatar
    ["This one here is too vanilla", and sends Suzie home.]

When I read this, I was thinking "too orange sherbert" instead of vanilla...
    "Forget the horse... ride the Cowboy!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123