+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: TV Guide Interview with Jenny

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Lotuslander]It's pretty simple, the married guy took vows, Trish didn't. First of all, we do not know the circumstances of her escapade with the married man. QUOTE]

Well excuse me but, under what circumstance is it acceptable for someone to sleep with someone else's spouse?? Please make me privy because under no circumstance is it acceptable for someone to knowingly sleep with someone elses spouse.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Well, I LIKE Jenny. Her advice to Jesse was spot on. But, she was very classy when he didn't take the advice and kept Trish. I don't understand the whole "Jenny's un-Christian-like behaviour" thing - at least in this particular context. Her behaviour seems fine to me.

If I were Jenny - I wouldn't care to be friends with Trish either.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    It's pretty simple, the married guy took vows, Trish didn't. First of all, we do not know the circumstances of her escapade with the married man. For all we know, maybe he was separated, or maybe he and his wife had an understanding, not all married couples are monagamous, or perhaps, his wife was having an affair, or maybe it was just a spur of the moment thing with two many martini's. She didn't say she had an affair with a married man, she said she slept with one. I don't think this means that Trish has no respect for the instituition of marriage" or that she's not capable of monagamy or marriage or herself, human beings are far more complex than that, and most people usually fall in to the grey area of human experience rather than the black and white. Just save me, from the Jenny S' of this world, I really can not stand these sanctomonious, self -righteous, moral police, thank you very much.
    Trish admitted to Jesse that she "dated" the married man, in addition to sleeping with him. That makes it an affair, no "too many martinis" defense there. Plus, if the man had been separated, or it was an "open" marriage - she would have SAID so, especially when she was talking with Jesse. It would have been a "get out of jail free card".

I feel that Trish shares a certain amount of responsibility for the affair. What was wrong with saying "No - go back to your wife. Call me if/when you get separated". Long time proven rule - if someone with cheat WITH you, they'll cheat ON you. If someone doesn't respect the institution of marriage, what difference is taking a vow going to make to them?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    I feel that Trish shares a certain amount of responsibility for the affair...Long time proven rule - if someone with cheat WITH you, they'll cheat ON you. If someone doesn't respect the institution of marriage, what difference is taking a vow going to make to them?
    Neither extreme position makes sense to me, so if we're going to place blame somewhere in the middle, it ought to be proportional to responsibility. I agree that in a general sense Trish does bear some responsibility toward anyone she affects, although her greatest responsibility is toward those to whom she has made commitments. I agree that she has some responsibility for the affair, but little responsibility for the condition of the marriage. The responsibility for damage to the marriage (or failure, as Jenny claimed for Trish) is primarily with the person who took the vows and made the commitment.

I'm not sure where the "long-term proven rule" comes from, but there is probably some truth to the idea that if a relationship starts by a violation of trust, it is unlikely to be based on trust. But I don't see how that applies to this situation, since Trish hasn't cheated with Jesse. And I don't buy that having an affair with a married person implies that someone has no regard for marriage and therefore could never be faithful in a marriage. Cheating could be very context or life-stage specific, and involve a set of emotions that are completely different from those one discovers in a stable and committed relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    Where did the TV Guide interview with Jenny go? Did someone switch it with the Trish thread?
    I'm confused too.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Sorry, I just meant that this thread has become another "Trish thread" instead of discussion on the interview. I guess that means we are talked out about the TV Guide Interview.
    I think in interviews, they say the same thing over and over because thats what happens when they are repeatedly asked the same questions. I don't know if they are couched beforehand by abc, but most likely. I did find it interesting that she named Jessica B and then Tara as friendships she plans to keep up with after the Women tell all show. Was that an intentional order or a slip?

FORT Regular
    Nice sig Teppo!

As for the Trish argument, I would never even consider dating a girl who has knowingly slept with a married man. Sure she didn't take any vows, but where do morals come in? And I'm a man of not so high morals myself...

Quote Originally Posted by SlantNGo
    Nice sig Teppo!

As for the Trish argument, I would never even consider dating a girl who has knowingly slept with a married man. Sure she didn't take any vows, but where do morals come in? And I'm a man of not so high morals myself...
    Didn't we have sex last week?

I think Jenny had an obligation to communicate what she'd learned by living in the house. To me, the ultimatum was just personal disgust - if you marry her I can't be your friend. She probably wants him to marry someone who will fit into their social circle, in other words, someone like herself; Trish is not the kind of woman who has a lot of women friends and would probably keep Jesse away from his old friends.

I only have my own life experiences to go by, but if I were to ask all my girlfriends what they would call someone younger than us by a few years with a "magic" number in the 30's, and whose list includes at least one married man, we would all come up with the same four-letter word to describe her. I have always considered married men as far out of bounds as my best friend's boyfriend or even ex-boyfriend.

By the same token, my friends in RL who watch the Bachelor and I were just as disgusted with Jesse's different face every morning comment.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456