+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TV Guide Interview with Jenny

If she doesn't want to remain friends with Trish and won't be abel to remain friends with Jesse if he picks her then this is a pretty clear indication that he doesn't pick her I would say.

I'll give the whole religion thing a miss.
    I can't imagine Trish wanting to keep in contact with any of these people after her contractual obligations to the show are over.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Jenny was only being honest in her statement that she would not pursue a relationship with Trish. So in essence she was actually doing the "Christian Thing" to do by answering honestly versus a fake "Oh I'd be happy to be friends with all the girls" answer.

Honestly I do not like the "christian thing to do" line since it implies a forced response versus an honest answer of the heart.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    I'm not seeing the Christian link. If that were really the meaning of "judge not...", then how are Christians supposed to get married, go to college, even find contractors to work on their houses?

Jenny's advice was solicited, and she was in the house talking to these girls. So I don't see how it's related at all.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    I'm not seeing the Christian link. If that were really the meaning of "judge not...", then how are Christians supposed to get married, go to college, even find contractors to work on their houses?

Jenny's advice was solicited, and she was in the house talking to these girls. So I don't see how it's related at all.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Many people try to hold Christian's to a "higher standard" so to speak and say things like how can you ... if you are a Christian. We are forgiven but not perfect people.

I do not see that Jenny S. did something wrong. She was there to discern and to help Jesse find someone who was "right for him". She did what friends do for each other. I want to meet my sister's new boyfriend so that I can let her know if I feel he is a winner or not. That isn't judging, because judging is a matter of guilt or innocense. Saying this person said these things and they don't fit with what I know of you is not judging.

Loving, in the Bible, is not the way we currently view it. It means caring about the best for someone, even above your own self interest. It is not warm fuzzy feelings. It is letting someone know the truth, even when telling it is not fun. It's also letting people suffer the consequences of their actions. If you want a good book on this, I recommend Bold Love by Dan Allander.

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Actually, I don't see her behavior as hypocritical. The Bible passages you mentioned weren't in context. "Love one another..." was Jesus speaking to his followers, urging them to love each other the way he loved them (sacrificially). The second one, "Judge not...," Jesus' words again, was talking about making sure you aren't guilty of the same things you are accusing others of. The Bible clearly calls for discernment in personal relationships - that's not the same as hypocritical judgment.

Great answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog

I'm happy to clarify for anyone who's confused, but either in private or in another forum (if there is one for things like this). My intention hasn't been to stir up a religious discussion here, just to answer what I saw as a misperception presented earlier. Good discussion, though!

Can we see a show of hands of those who have either sent someone in to check out a blind date before you met them or had a girlfriend have one of those conversations with a guy you like just to dig for information and to see if he likes you? In the history of the world, when it comes to men and women and dating there's always been a "mole".

I think they just took the situation of the two friends visiting to pick out their faves one step further. I mean nobody complained this much when Andrew's friends ratted out Krustin.

Well, if were going to quote the Bible y'all, ( and I'm a rabid aethist ) How about " Thou shall not bear false witness", and " let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Jenny S, deliberately and maliciously exagerrated Trish's 'past', and I'm sure Jenny S, was compensated very lucratively for her time on the show, so who's the whore, Jenny or Trish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Well, if were going to quote the Bible y'all, ( and I'm a rabid aethist ) How about " Thou shall not bear false witness", and " let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Jenny S, deliberately and maliciously exagerrated Trish's 'past', and I'm sure Jenny S, was compensated very lucratively for her time on the show, so who's the whore, Jenny or Trish.
    Um, where was the exaggeration Lotus? Jenny didn't need to exaggerate since Trish was doing enough damage herself every time she opened her big mouth!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast