+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Six - 1

Michelle Kwan is Da Queen amykaren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeelaGirl
    I'm in the minority group cuz I'm liking this B5. I guess Blob lowered my standards enough that I find this one entertaining.
    Yep-can't go anywhere but up when you are comparing anything to Blob!

You can say anything about Blob, and I despise him personally. But B4 cast was one of the best as far as the bachelorettes are concerned. Mer, KJ, Estella, even Mary and LeeAnn were so much more interesting and fun than this cast. JMO...

As far as personality goes, I think Suzie is Jesse's best match. She seems sweet underneath all that orange makeup, really.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

What a bunch of boring women. But, then so is Jesse. Trish, although over the top, is at least refreshingly candid. The girls set her up in that game, obviously knowing she would reveal too much in front of the cameras after consuming a lot of liquor. Admittedly, Trish is a bit trashy, but I like her free spirit and honesty. I think the rest of the girls are jealous of Jesse's attention to Trish, knowing she is his favorite so far.

Of the remainder, only Mandy J. impresses me. She may be his final choice. He seems smitten with her beauty and class. She is also the only one who doesn't seem threatened by Trish and doesn't diss her (at least not that I have seen).

Tara - boring, boring girl. She hardly talked on her date and everything seemed forced. She is wary and doesn't appear to be very attracted to him. Although she is his friend's favorite, I don't think she is his (but she does present a challenge - reminds me of Tina Fabulous without the fabulous).

Jessica B. - no opinion.

Suzie - the scream did it for me . . it screamed "silly little girl"!

Karen - phony. Her personality seems scripted for a beauty pageant not real life.

I dont see anything between Jesse and Tara, either. She just doesn't seem really "into" him at all. Karen does seem kind of fakey. Would like to see more one on one between Karen and Jesse.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    - reminds me of Tina Fabulous without the fabulous).

In defense of...

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    What a bunch of boring women. But, then so is Jesse.
    ...Tara: I can't blame her for being uncomfortable dating on television. Some of the greatest people I know would also be boring, boring on a date with a camera in their faces. Like Kristy, at least she called Jesse on his one night stud comments, and yet decided to give him a chance. She's been cast as the prude, and her main drawback is that we don't know enough to judge whether she is being represented (or is representing herself) fairly or not.

...Mandy: Although her audition tape makes her look dippy, she seems like a well-adjusted, upbeat person. She and Jesse seem like the best overall match simply from the lack of conflict between them. She also seems to get along with a wide range of people, judging from the date she shared with Trish. That's a useful quality.

...Jessica B.: She's in law school and seems to be reasonably bright. But her comments about Trish have been the most forcefully catty. Also, she seems a bit young and tied up with school to be considering a move to NY for a serious relationship.

...Jesse: What's so bad about old Jesse? I don't remember stimulating conversation from any of the other bachelors. He doesn't seem like as much of a player as Bob, nor as much of a dumb guy as Aaron, and at least he was open about his past. I think the format of the show keeps him from being much of anything.

...Trish: I've defended Trish before, on certain grounds. If I were Jesse, I'd be most wary of her current readiness for a serious relationship. Has anything happened to divert her from the path that had her having (presumably casual) sex three days before arriving to meet Jesse? I think not.

...Karen: Nothing of interest has come to the surface. I think her pageant side naturally comes out for the cameras, but she seems like she could be a decent person in real life.

No defense for...

...Suzie: She squeals, blabbers, and threatens to kick other women's butts in bars. I don't see the appeal, physically or intellectually.
    Last edited by rdpch; 04-26-2004 at 10:19 PM.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by winnepegg
    my vote goes to trish. i think they deserve each other. he's 25 (or 26)...it's not going to last. why break one of those other sweet girl's hearts? go trish! go!
    Aside from Suzie, whom I find annoying, I like all the other girls - even Karen, after seeing some hints of an amusing sense of humor last episode. I hope Jesse doesn't pick any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima
    I am almost in panic mode. Three episodes into the show and only six left, I still don't have favorite to root for. It hasn't happened to me since B3.

Most girls are likable, but none of them is captivating or has much of a personality. As a result, the skanky gold-digging ho becomes the center-piece of the show. All we can do is talk trash, I mean, Trish. I don't even have the energy to bash Trish anymore, she is just disgustingly boring.

Is it just me or this is the least interesting cast since B3?

Not just you Maxima. It's a big-time snoozer. I agree with those who've said that the spy/Trish subplots are getting played up because there is little else of substance to focus on yet, I think. And I agree that the girls are boring next to Bob's. Remember how we all had strong faves out of that bunch? These girls all kind of blur together.

I have a feeling the end will be a big letdown and not very romantic or emotional at all.

On a positive note this Bachelor 5 forum is full of harmony amongst the posters (what not a little controversy regarding Trish the trash) Maybe this season is needed to re-establish a sense of tranquility after a couple of turmoilous (?)seasons, and next season will be fun again with (friendly) rants flooding the forum.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast