+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There's Something Not Right About This Season's Editing

FORT Regular
    I think this is just a huge setup for The Women Tell All episode. It looks like the final rose ceremony will be a snoozer, but can you imagine all the women in one room ganging up on Trish?!! Now that will bring in the ratings! ABC has their priorities screwed up. If we wanted fighting and trashy behavior we would watch Maury Povitch, this show is supposed to be about ROMANCE!

But remember, "The Women Tell All" is really "The Women Tell Nothing" episode. There are 40 min of recaps, 10 minutes of commercials, and 10 min of RoboChris asking some totally lame questions that we really don't care about the answers to.
    "Clothes tell a story, and yours tell the story of a crazy, deranged kickboxer who still lives with his mother in Queens." -Carson

I agree. It seems this bachelor they have focused in on Trish and the mole concept, and totally forgot that there are other girls and relationships with Jesse that we are interesed in seeing. If you read the Tara article she says that ABC has edited out the best parts of their time together. How sad for ABC. Maybe Jesse is a total fool at the end, givin the girl a plane ticket or something as lame, so this is how ABC is getting around another crappy bachelor.

And honestly how many of us really cared about 'Bill's lost audition tape" ? I would have rather seen a coversation or at least something to do with the current show - duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Triskellion
    But remember, "The Women Tell All" is really "The Women Tell Nothing" episode. There are 40 min of recaps, 10 minutes of commercials, and 10 min of RoboChris asking some totally lame questions that we really don't care about the answers to.
    I agree, the "tell all" episodes provide little more than air time around which to structure advertising. In addition to the poor use of time, most of the contestants participate by waving and most of the audience by clapping. Chris has an aggressive and unempathetic style of questioning. The show needs someone (dare I say Oprah-like?) who knows how to draw people out without confrontation. I'm surprised they've kept the same format, or do I remember correctly that audience participation has gone down?

If Trish has any sense, she will stay far away. Her attempts to fit in by playing along with the crowd have only provided opportunities for ridicule. Of course, the sanctimony will reach new heights whether she participates or not.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    ABC's only hope of a good "Women Tell All" episode is if Trish is NOT one of the final two. It will be interesting to see Chris go one on one w/ her.

I have a feeling Trish is not in the final two:
    1. If she was in the Final Rose Ceremony, they would have been building that up from the beginning with "THE MOST SHOCKING Final Rose Ceremony EVER"
    2. Since they can't promote the reunion show until after the fantasy date episode without giving it away, they've gone around that by editing this season to focus on Trish. This way they will hope to bring in big advertising bucks for that one show.

Of course, that one show doesn't make the series, but I figure they are trying to salvage something of this season & franchise.

Crystal Allen
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpch

If Trish has any sense, she will stay far away. Her attempts to fit in by playing along with the crowd have only provided opportunities for ridicule. Of course, the sanctimony will reach new heights whether she participates or not.

Probably not an option, contractual obligations and all. Unless we're all wrong and she is a stalker, then maybe she could get out of it.

Hmm, they could always ASK Trish to come back for drama and promise to sue her for 5m dollars if she doesn't agree or say something. Doesn't seem above ABC at all imo
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I agree with the original poster that something is not right about this seasons editing. In my opinion, it's the Trish show. If it's not showing Trish, it's airing confessionals on what the others think of Trish. Very little of the other time is showing dates and the RC. Probably only because it's mandatory that we see that.

While I enjoy watching evil Trish, and love to hate her... I think she's just being played up a little too much.

True, but then again we haven't seen the episodes that start to really showcase the other girls and their true personalities, those always come out in the last three eppies. The editors still have a chance to redeem themselves... at least imo.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    I agree with the original poster that something is not right about this seasons editing. In my opinion, it's the Trish show. If it's not showing Trish, it's airing confessionals on what the others think of Trish. Very little of the other time is showing dates and the RC. Probably only because it's mandatory that we see that.

While I enjoy watching evil Trish, and love to hate her... I think she's just being played up a little too much.
    I think so too, which leads me to believe there is nothing else to show.....
    The keg party and jumping in the swiming pool, that's it?

If she is not on the overnight how boring will that week be

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast