+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There's Something Not Right About This Season's Editing

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charmedimsure
    From everything I have seen there is no real sharing going on other then saliva. Ok now Bob drove me nuts by the end of the season but at least everyone was talking...talking about their lives, their pasts, their families. This season we don't see anything, we don't really know anything about anyone! I agree this is more like TV then reality and to boot it is really BAD TV.
    You know, I didn't quite think about it that way but I agree. This season just seems so....empty. I'm looking forward more to posting here while I'm watching the show/after the show, than actually watching the show. Ok HOW lame is that ladies (and gents, if any gents are even bothering)?

This doesn't even seem like the same show as the Andrew/Blob seasons. Yes Jesse, I believe you have even outdone Blob.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    I'm in the group that thought Meredith was a bad casting decision, so I only saw about half of those episodes. She's definitely one of those women (like SJ Parker) who appeals to other women more than to men. Maybe they lost a lot of male viewers, who are back to see the cheesecake this time.

Regardless, the editing gets worse with each edition of the show. If the ratings slip for the finale, hopefully ABC will get the message and clean up its act.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

I disagree, I think the editing is ok considering the real fun stuff starts with the hometown dates; however, if next week it's all about Trish as well then we can say the editing stinks. Cause right now we are lost as to who he will choose, who knows it may even be Trish, imagine AFR or those Re- crap shows they have w/ all the girls :rolleyes
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain
    I've watched all of the Bacherlor(ette) series, and I agree that the plot/story line has always been "shaped," but I really think it's become more and more so to the point that this Bach 5 series seems ENTIRELY fabricated. I've never forgotten that I'm watching tv this go-around. I find it disappointing. I like reality tv because the line between reality and tv is made blurry. It's no longer blurry in Bach 5--pure tv.
    Very well stated, bamabrain. All of it feels fake this time around, right down to Trish and Jesse "I don't want to get married until I'm 30" himself.

I say we start bombarding the producers with our next Bachelorette pick...
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

Not only is it pure tv, but BAD pure tv!

I have gotten to the point where previously, I not only taped the shows, but re-viewed them because of the growing romances shown. I've gotten to the point with Jesse that I switched to the O.C. last night and didn't tape Bach V..heck at this point I am almost willing to accept phone calls during the show.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    I have gotten to the point where previously, I not only taped the shows, but re-viewed them because of the growing romances shown. I've gotten to the point with Jesse that I switched to the O.C. last night and didn't tape Bach V..heck at this point I am almost willing to accept phone calls during the show.

Me too - I just don't care. What ever happened to unpredictability? No blossoming love, no sex, no fun - just "I hate Trish, isn't she horrid". Actually, I kinda like her - she's at least got an opinion and a personality!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    But what about the show makes us come back for more. I agree this season is not as good as other, but I can't help from watching. My son came into the livingroom last night as I was watching to ask me a question. I must have given him the "don't you see I am watching the Bachelor look" he said I'll come back when a commercial is on.

Guilty. I hate this show but when my kids were dancing in front of the t.v. I became possessed like the girl from the Exorcist!

I think that abc has made the show more about the Rose game and on how "not" to give away who wins; then on finding love.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    This season has just been lame. Take out Trish, there's no drama. Even with Trish, there's no romance. It doesn't appear that Jesse is really into any one particular girl, just indiscriminately making out with all the girls. Jenny really likes Tara, but we really never saw why she is distinguishable from the other girls, in Jenny's eyes. Obviously Jesse sees a difference--the hesitancy to participate in slobber-fest that is his style of getting to know the girls--but Jenny didn't see that. Why not some back story there? And I agree--I miss the deliberation time. At least it kept up the facade that the Bachelor(ette) is thinking about who to give roses to. The absence of that time is a true tell that ABC is directing at least to whom some of the roses are given.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast