+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There's Something Not Right About This Season's Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    Right now this show is about Trish and and an indesipherable group of girls that Aren't Trish.
    You said it Six Degrees. The editing has de-personalized all the girls (except Trish) to the extent that I JUST DON'T CARE who ends up with Jesse. I haven't seen any of the girls enough to form an opinion and we're already up to the home visits. Fire the editor of this season, ABC, it ain't working!

trouble, trouble, trouble thepunkin's Avatar
    Check out this article from Sirlinksalot. In it Karen says Jesse is a potty mouth--another romantic Prince Charming-like trait . Maybe once they edit out his crude comments and his stupid comments there is nothing left to air?

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595058455,00.html

I actually read an article

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    Are the ratings improving? Because I hate this. It's not that I'm tired of Trish, it's that they give everything away with the previews.

By the time something happens, it's old news. And they're wasting valuable time by using a minute or two before every commercial break. Put that time back, and we'd actually learn something about the girls.

Instead, the best they could do was make up some crap about Jessica H, and ignore Katie and Julie entirely. Bad editing. very bad editing.
    In an ad magazine that said that the bachelor as a show has the most "clutter" meaning commercials, previews or any other non-show content. I think it was 18 minutes of clutter per hour, and how this is actually a really bad thing for advertisers because people tune it out, are less likely to get into the show etc.

I'm sick of butt cracks.. TeelaGirl's Avatar
    I just would like to say congratulations to all the sluethers on this board. I'm sure you've made ABC's job a nightmare trying to keep everybody fooled this season.
    You know they have never changed everything around so much as they've done this time to trip us up. This board has figured out every screencap they've ever given in the past and now they're trying their hardest to keep it all a guessing game by not airing scenes that they've shown in promos, being VERY careful on the screencaps, not releasing any pics with Jesse & the 'chosen one' and now I'm hearing something about a hoax commercial? Something tells me that the scene isn't a part of the FRC at all.
    I guess they don't realize they're just making your sluething better and more keen . I swear you all need to go to work for cold case files.

For this season, I can understand. The producers had a problem. Trash was about all they got. The rest of the girls, although nice and likeable, have no captivating personality and style. I assume there was not much romance going on either. Every date was going through motions. What can they do? Get as much mileage out of Trish as possible....

I didn't even notice deliberation and begging videos are missing, they are lame anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxima
    For this season, I can understand. The producers had a problem. Trash was about all they got. The rest of the girls, although nice and likeable, have no captivating personality and style. I assume there was not much romance going on either. Every date was going through motions. What can they do? Get as much mileage out of Trish as possible....

I didn't even notice deliberation and begging videos are missing, they are lame anyway...
    Don't the begging videos start this week.

I think they have contrived so much this season because there is no true romance here, just a bunch of people willing to suck face on TV. If Jesse really falls in love with one of these girls then I would be convinced he is missing half his brain. From everything I have seen there is no real sharing going on other then saliva. Ok now Bob drove me nuts by the end of the season but at least everyone was talking...talking about their lives, their pasts, their families. This season we don't see anything, we don't really know anything about anyone! I agree this is more like TV then reality and to boot it is really BAD TV.

Quote Originally Posted by charmedimsure
    I think they have contrived so much this season because there is no true romance here, just a bunch of people willing to suck face on TV. If Jesse really falls in love with one of these girls then I would be convinced he is missing half his brain. From everything I have seen there is no real sharing going on other then saliva. Ok now Bob drove me nuts by the end of the season but at least everyone was talking...talking about their lives, their pasts, their families. This season we don't see anything, we don't really know anything about anyone! I agree this is more like TV then reality and to boot it is really BAD TV.
    But what about the show makes us come back for more. I agree this season is not as good as other, but I can't help from watching. My son came into the livingroom last night as I was watching to ask me a question. I must have given him the "don't you see I am watching the Bachelor look" he said I'll come back when a commercial is on.

Yep - I agree. So far, this is the most boring and poorly edited of the Bachelor shows. Way too much clutter and no scintillating personalities. However, we do have titillating and that is Trish. They are focusing on her to the exclusion of the other girls and making it pretty obvious that, while Jesse seems quite attracted to her, he will NOT choose her in the end. It reminds me a lot of the Kirsten/Jen scenario in Bachelor 3. The bad girl/good girl thing is getting really old.

I tape the show every week and fast forward through the commercials and "clutter" - it leaves about 20 minutes of real show time. Even Robo Chris seems to be missing a lot. Come on editors - is there any "romance" on this show or is it all on the cutting room floor?

Trish is the star here. Could be she has more personality than the rest or could be that there isn't time left to showcase the others. The ratings are up. I check them at Yahoo and Mer's show didn't make it in to the top 20 most weeks. This one has been there for every episode. Guess the bad girl is good tv.

http://tv.yahoo.com/nielsen/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast