+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: There's Something Not Right About This Season's Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl
    I agree rdpch that ABC is playing Trish/trash for all she's worth...
    but I need some romance to add to the drama if they want to really keep my atttention. I guess the only thing that keeps me interested is trying to figure out the puzzle.
    I'm with you! The only reason I'm watching is because I so enjoy this forum.

Realistically, though, I don't know if the romance angle would have worked this time, because it seems so obvious that Jesse isn't really trying to find a wife. I have no one to root for, because I don't see him as a great catch.

Quote Originally Posted by rachaellynn24
    It's all about the ratings. They want viewers and the drama reels them in.
    However the ratings have not been great. This weeks Entertainment Weekly
    shows that the show placed 20th, in a 3 way tie with The O.C. & Dateline NBC, not particularly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by rdpch
    With each installment, the show has drifted from its original fairy-tale concept of two anonymous strangers finding true love (albeit through a bizarre process). .
    Agree! I'm a sucker for a good romance, but this season seems more like a game show versus one person's search for love.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

TV Ratings for B5

Does anyone know how this season has been doing compared to the previous Bachelor/Bachelorettes?

I really hope their numbers are down so we don't get another Bachelor and all the "drama" like this one. I prefer the romance.

About the same...

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    About the same...
    arrgggg!

The Bachelorette is what has the romance, The Bachelor has the drama, that's why it all works
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by rdpch
    With each installment, the show has drifted from its original fairy-tale concept of two anonymous strangers finding true love (albeit through a bizarre process). We had Trista, the scorned runner-up, coming back for her due. We had Andrew, already a celebrity from his name and wealth, leading us to the good/bad girl subplot. We had Bob, seemingly America's favorite funnyman, returned to show that likeable trumps photogenic (oh well). Now we have a show centered on an NFL quarterback, a home-wrecker, and a mole. I don't see a problem with the editing--it seems consistent with the series of gimmicks that have taken over the show.
    I've watched all of the Bacherlor(ette) series, and I agree that the plot/story line has always been "shaped," but I really think it's become more and more so to the point that this Bach 5 series seems ENTIRELY fabricated. I've never forgotten that I'm watching tv this go-around. I find it disappointing. I like reality tv because the line between reality and tv is made blurry. It's no longer blurry in Bach 5--pure tv.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl

I agree with you 100% Charity , I couldn't have said it better.
    I like some drama but I want the romance.
    I know, Meredith/Ian to this?
    We can see catfighting/judgmental sorority girls/drinking in your bikini nonstop on about 15 other "reality" shows. When's another Bachelorette?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    In the big picture , They are all pretty much the same - editing and everything *sigh*

This one isn't any worse or better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast