+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ratings & More Bachelor Seasons

FORT Fan
    For the future Bachelor or Bachelorette seasons, if the timing remains the same as the past year, we should see the next show in September of this year. Agree?

Yep in end of September/October early November a Bachelor, then in January/ Feburary a Bachelorette (if they can hopefully find a girl) and then in April/ May another Bachelor. That's the way it should all work
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan
    Then that means they already have their Bachelor and should start shooting any time now. They need 2-3 months for shooting and then a 1-2 months editing.

Yeah - why haven't we had a black Bachelorette or Bachelorette show? It's not like there haven't been applicants.

The Bachelorette is much much more entertaining and I agree that it just seems more natural to have a bunch of men competing for one woman than the other way around. The Bachelor is probably Mike Fleiss' fantasy come true. But, I can't imagine 25 women competing all at once for one guy in real life (and all of them thinking he was "awesome").

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    This week's Entertainment Weekley said that this season's Bachelor's ratings were down 16%.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Ratings are down because not too many people can stomach Jesse picking women with his johnson. No real romance, just catty bitching and bitches.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Maybe, although I don't hold out much hope, we can get a bachelor that doesn't look just like the previous 5 bachelors. Nothing against the previous bachelors but could a brother get some love too?
    I am a white brother but I have thought for a long time that they should do a black bachelor or bachelorette show. I'd love to hear all the comments about that show from all these message boards of mostly white women. Being a guy I much prefer seeing a guy pick from 25 gals although I was entertained by Trista's show but not by Meredith's show. Black is beautiful, hope they give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Yeah - why haven't we had a black Bachelorette or Bachelorette show? It's not like there haven't been applicants.
    When Firestone was chosen as the Bachelor, they did a side story of the five male finalists and one of them was black. I think he was a lawyer from D.C.? Anyways, I'd like to see a black Bachelor/ Bachelorette as well.

As for why, I couldn't tell you.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by gillio
    Then that means they already have their Bachelor and should start shooting any time now. They need 2-3 months for shooting and then a 1-2 months editing.
    They only need 6 weeks for shooting (seven episodes = six weeks, there is no "week" prior to the Introduction Ceremony) and they can start editing as soon as they have footage. Given the number of dates each week, they could probably compress that to four weeks without difficulty. There is no technical reason why they couldn't start showing the first episode before they've filmed the last episode. In The last Average Joe the girls are shown watching AJ2's final episode and they see a preview of they show starting "In Two Weeks", so their show went on the air the week after they finished filming.

The Bachelorette is much much more entertaining and I agree that it just seems more natural to have a bunch of men competing for one woman than the other way around.
    I'm a guy, maybe that colours things... But I haven't watched, and have no plan to, a Bachelorette. I can watch a pretty girl pick through a bunch of guys any day at any bar/club. I totally agree that a woman with multiple men chasing her is more "natural", where's the fun in that? Turn the tables around, take people out of their element, mix things up, hilarity ensues.

But, I can't imagine 25 women competing all at once for one guy in real life (and all of them thinking he was "awesome").
    I get enough real life in real life, TV is escapism.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456