+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ratings & More Bachelor Seasons

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berries
    NO! NO!! NO!!! Not Matthew!
    I think I lost all respect for him when he was doing the rounds of the talk shows after it was over... he just came across as such a whiner!!!! "WHY?" - to the point where I felt like yelling "Get over it already! She didn't pick you!" at the TV!
    Aw, he was sad. The guy liked her and she totally led him on. Give him a break.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    Aw, he was sad. The guy liked her and she totally led him on. Give him a break.
    I did for the "After the Final Rose" program after that it was more of the whining about "it's not fair". I know a lot of the talk show hosts asked him about it, but he could have taken hte high road and just moved on with it. Instead, he decided to play the martyr and he came off (to me, anyway) as pathetic.

Maybe, although I don't hold out much hope, we can get a bachelor that doesn't look just like the previous 5 bachelors. Nothing against the previous bachelors but could a brother get some love too?

I used to view The Bachelor / Bachelorette as "appointment" TV. Meaning, I watched the show, without fail, and without interruption. Between big hairy Blob and the new guy I have lost interest in seeing any more Bachelor versions of the show. GIve us more Bachelorette!! ANything to get away from these shrieking blond bimbos (and I'm blond myself, so dont get all twisted that I said that) and media-whores. I mean, what's the demographic of the show? Probably single women 20-40 (that's my guess anyway) - give us romance, true love, and more potential MALE suitors (I mean, real MEN), less hot tubs, macking and lip-locks with "girls". Jesse Palmer is an idiot and contradicts himself when he DOES say anything vaguely intelligent. Stop casting eye candy and give us REAL PEOPLE (like Meredith, and Ian (although, granted, he was some fine eye-candy, too))

I can honestly say if it ends up being 2 more Bachelors like these last 2 I won't watch.

Blackshade has a point, too, though. Maybe some men/women of color would be more real, more substanative. I'm sure there have been plenty of applicants - a good pool of people to choose from. At least it'd be something different. Got to be more interesting than this new guy is.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarksLove
    I used to view The Bachelor / Bachelorette as "appointment" TV. Meaning, I watched the show, without fail, and without interruption. Between big hairy Blob and the new guy I have lost interest in seeing any more Bachelor versions of the show. GIve us more Bachelorette!! ANything to get away from these shrieking blond bimbos (and I'm blond myself, so dont get all twisted that I said that) and media-whores. I mean, what's the demographic of the show? Probably single women 20-40 (that's my guess anyway) - give us romance, true love, and more potential MALE suitors (I mean, real MEN), less hot tubs, macking and lip-locks with "girls". Jesse Palmer is an idiot and contradicts himself when he DOES say anything vaguely intelligent. Stop casting eye candy and give us REAL PEOPLE (like Meredith, and Ian (although, granted, he was some fine eye-candy, too))

I can honestly say if it ends up being 2 more Bachelors like these last 2 I won't watch.

Blackshade has a point, too, though. Maybe some men/women of color would be more real, more substanative. I'm sure there have been plenty of applicants - a good pool of people to choose from. At least it'd be something different. Got to be more interesting than this new guy is.
    I am so with you on that!! I have only been watching this one intermittently and sometimes it physically pains me to watch this throng of ding-dongs.

Since I am sure it is too much to hope for that they would actually cast a black bachelor, although I would love to see that, I really hope there comes a time when the always white bachelor/bachelorette gives the suitor of color a chance. I hate three things about the minority casting on the Bachelor: (1) there is always only one token black suitor out of the 25. (2) she/he always gets almost NO camera time and (3) the bachelor always eliminates her in the SECOND elimination. You know...because he doesn't want to be, like, racist, and eliminate her on the FIRST round, but he also doesn't really want to get to know her, either. It is sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by MarksLove
    GIve us more Bachelorette!! ANything to get away from these shrieking blond bimbos (and I'm blond myself, so dont get all twisted that I said that) and media-whores. I mean, what's the demographic of the show? Probably single women 20-40 (that's my guess anyway) - give us romance, true love, and more potential MALE suitors (I mean, real MEN), less hot tubs, macking and lip-locks with "girls". Jesse Palmer is an idiot and contradicts himself when he DOES say anything vaguely intelligent. Stop casting eye candy and give us REAL PEOPLE (like Meredith, and Ian (although, granted, he was some fine eye-candy, too))

Maybe the reason we loved Meredith and Ian so much was the fact that we had NO hot tub scenes so we got to see more real interaction between Mere and the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal
    Maybe the reason we loved Meredith and Ian so much was the fact that we had NO hot tub scenes so we got to see more real interaction between Mere and the guys.
    No hot tub scenes? That's too much to dream for on a Bachelor show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie9
    it physically pains me to watch this throng of ding-dongs.
    Charlie9- I agree. I also think it would be hard to watch Matthew have to pick from the throng of ding dongs that ABC picks! They do a much better job of casting men for the Bachelorette, and the show is much more intense and exciting to watch. With the Bachelor, I feel like I am reliving "bad sorority moments"...................

Crystal Allen

Home Visits

Is it just me, or did they not show Trish's family on the previews for next week? I remember the "Jesse is in pageant hell" remark which cracked me up---"oh, Jesse, let me show you my shrine to myself that I keep here in my apartment."

I recall Jessica's family asking the tough questions like 'tell us why you like our daughter' which to me seems like a normal, regular, meeting the boyfriend that is dating 3 other women question that all the families ask. If it were me I would have asked if he thinks Tiki Barber is going to keep fumbling every other fu**king carry, but that's me.

Tara's dad clearly shows Jesse some bullets, and how to shoot a gun. Foreshadowing? This here's gonna be yer head if you hurt mah baby. Did you all know that cockfighting is still legal in Oklahoma?

But for Trish they just showed her looking sad and saying something about her opening up. did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    Is it just me, or did they not show Trish's family on the previews for next week?

But for Trish they just showed her looking sad and saying something about her opening up. did I miss something?
    They showed Jesse saying to her "I just don't want to get played."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast