+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ratings & More Bachelor Seasons

adm
    Quote Originally Posted by berries
    NO! NO!! NO!!! Not Matthew!
    I think I lost all respect for him when he was doing the rounds of the talk shows after it was over... he just came across as such a whiner!!!! "WHY?" - to the point where I felt like yelling "Get over it already! She didn't pick you!" at the TV!
    Actually it would be totally fitting for Matthew to be the Bachelor. I'd just love to see it get down to 2 or 3 girls left and he has to be all "I can't decide" and lead them on.

adm
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    On the Bachelorette, the bachelors are waaay better looking and everything else than the main stud on the Bachelor. Why is that I wonder?
    I think it's because a lot of guys are intimidated to go on as the main focus of the show, whereas they feel safer in numbers and think they could pass of being one of 25 as being a "neat experience" rather than just vain. Ala Ian.

Adm: Very good conclusion. You are probably right. Its too bad more good looking, quality guys don't try out for the Bachelor (or the ones who choose them have poor taste). But, I do enjoy the scenery on the Bachelorette much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Plecoptera
    Maybe Trash should be the next Bachelorette. I wouldn't care who she picked, but she'd be entertaining to watch.
    Oh NO NO NO, please no! The beauty of the Bachelorette has been that the women have been down to earth and thoughtful, and so watching them fall in love has felt special and real.

Trish as the Bachelorette would be like watching a train wreck -- you can't turn away and you certainly know it's not going to turn out well. Who needs that -- I want to see love!

As much as Trista's baby voice bugged me, she seems like a good person who was in it for the right reasons, and she does seem happy with Ryan.
    I just liked Meridith beacause she reminds of my friends. All in all I just like The Bachelorette, better than The Bachelor.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Adm: Very good conclusion. You are probably right. Its too bad more good looking, quality guys don't try out for the Bachelor (or the ones who choose them have poor taste). But, I do enjoy the scenery on the Bachelorette much more.

At the beginning of the Andrew series, they did a program about a bunch of guys who sent in applications, videos to be The Bachelor. ABC needs to go back and dig them out. Some of those guys were"hot" and just regular guys.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by adm
    Actually it would be totally fitting for Matthew to be the Bachelor. I'd just love to see it get down to 2 or 3 girls left and he has to be all "I can't decide" and lead them on.

Matthew won't do the Bachelor and he doesn't have it in his heart to lead people on like that.

Crystal Allen

Bachelorette More Natural

I think the Bachelorette is more in keeping with the natural order of things.

I like [and I think other women 18-49 like] the notion of the woman choosing from among numerous suitors. Harkens back to the old days when ladies sat and received gentlemen callers. If you look in the animal kingdom, it's always the male animal that has the bright plumage or has some 'mating dance' ritual designed to show the female that he is worthy of her and able to build a nest/provide for young/etc. I'd rather see men trying to impress a woman then women knocking each other out to impress a man.

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Matthew won't do the Bachelor and he doesn't have it in his heart to lead people on like that.
    I'm very relieved to hear that!

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenia36
    I'm still hoping Matthew from Bachelorette will be one of the bachelors. He seems like a great guy who's ready for love and commitment. He could heal us after this awful season!
    I'm scared they will ruin him for me like they did with Bob!
    I prefer to remember him fondly from the Bachelorette

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast