+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does it mean to be "in this for the right reasons"?????

adm

What does it mean to be "in this for the right reasons"?????

The phrase "for the right reasons" is being tossed around a lot this season. Last week after Tara confronted Jesse about the random strangers comment, he made up some crapola explanation about being ready to settle down, etc, and Tara went off and reported that Jesse is "here for the right reasons." I think Tara's definition of that phrase has something to do with whether he's really there looking for a wife or not.

Then in Jesse's diary last week, he makes numerous references to the girls he cut "not being in it for the right reasons." But what he seems to be saying about all of those girls is that they didn't make a move on him, they weren't aggressive enough. I also, I swear to god, saw some diary entry or recap of an article or interview (which I can't find now for the life of me) that had Jesses saying something to the effect that one of the girls who brought up the random strangers comment and challenged him on it just really put up a wall that he didn't have the energy or inclination to try to overcome. Moral of the story: Jesse's definition of a girl who is in this "for the right reasons" seems to mean a girl whose going to bop him and not ask any questions.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    i think Jesse's version of "for the right reasons" is that the women are not after his checkbook. He seems really concerned that all women are after his money :rolleyes imo i don't like ABC's chose for Bachelor this time.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Crystal Allen

"The Right Reason"

This is as much a part of dating reality show parlance as "journey" "connection" and "amazing." I think in these cases it means "to see if she and Jesse should get married." As much as we're not certain this is what he wants, i'm fairly certain it's what they mean.

Jesse may have meant that those girls did not make enough effort to figure out whether or not he was their potential husband. I did find it somewhat off-putting that Jesse feels the women should be pursuing him, rather than the other way around.

i am sure jesse has not watched the previous four bachelor shows, but most (if not all) of the girls probably have. the bachelors have all been rich, rich, rich!!! (except maybe blob, not sure about his financial security) so, just b/c the girls did not know that it was going to be jesse palmer, the backup qb for the ny giants, does not mean that they applied to be on the show with no monetary motives.

i am not saying the girls signed on just for the opportunity of meeting a guy w/a lot of $$$, but his anonymity does not mean the girls signed on necessarily around for the "right reasons."

Crystal Allen

I think the Bachelor should be a "Catch"

I respectfully disagree with posters who think we should have 'real people types' on these shows. The show is a 'guilty pleasure' for all of us and harmlessly taps into our fairy tale fantasies.

I can't see it being good TV to watch women compete for some average looking guy with a decent pension and a civil service job.

And it wouldn't make it past one season if the women thought that's what they'd be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    I respectfully disagree with posters who think we should have 'real people types' on these shows. The show is a 'guilty pleasure' for all of us and harmlessly taps into our fairy tale fantasies.

I can't see it being good TV to watch women compete for some average looking guy with a decent pension and a civil service job.

And it wouldn't make it past one season if the women thought that's what they'd be getting.
    I think what the original poster meant (before the topic was diverted by descriptions of average joes and janes) was people who are "catches" in the sense of being bright, successful, attractive, and interesting but not people who came to the show by way of talent agencies or beauty contests. People without career aspirations that require national exposure. I think more meaningful conversations about career choices, family histories, politics, religion, etc. would make for better TV than what we get. In fact, from previous posts I think people are largely disinterested in the people on the show and have turned more to screen-cap detective work for their entertainment.

Besides, we already have "Average Joe" and, quite frankly, I was disappointed in both shows. Shallowness has no boundaries when it comes to reality tv dating shows. They have pretty much emptied the wastebasket of ideas for these shows.

FORT Regular

The right reasons

I'd say, in jesselanguage, are:

* girl who's into me
    * girl who has few opinions
    * girl who will inflate my ego like a big balloon
    * girl who I can easily dump when the show ends.

...they should rename this show "The Hustler."

Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by jenoy2001
    I'd say, in jesselanguage, are:

* girl who's into me
    * girl who has few opinions
    * girl who will inflate my ego like a big balloon
    * girl who I can easily dump when the show ends.

...they should rename this show "The Hustler."

Just butting in here for a question. Does Jesse come from money? Because a third string QB without a guarenteed contract is not rich at all. He is moments away from selling insurance.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast