+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Nobody Decline Roses at the RC?

Crystal Allen

Why Does Nobody Decline Roses at the RC?

Just thinking of this, prior to every single RC, Chris Harrison reminds the bachelor/ettes that "If after getting to know ______, you do not feel that ______ is somebody you would consider marrying, you can, and should reject his/her offer."

However, any time we see somebody not wanting a rose, we always see them telling the person beforehand. This just happened with Jesse, and it happened with Trista at the RC but prior to her offering the rose.

Wouldn't it be much much more dramatic to see somebody actually being offered a rose and saying "No."

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Anandita and Frances bolted for the door after Chris's Rose speech in bachelor Aarons show. That's the closest it's ever gotten to NO.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Anandita and Frances bolted for the door after Chris's Rose speech in bachelor Aarons show. That's the closest it's ever gotten to NO.
    As did one of the guys on Bachelorette 1, can't remember his name though!

K

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Brian !! I only remember beacuse that is my sons name. I can' t remember if he bailed before or after the speech though.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    i think the people who bail before the RC know that they aren't going to get chosen....."i'm going to dump you first" comes in to play. :phhht
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

FORT Newbie
    Just a possibility maybe more people try to but ABC won't show us? Since they are trying for us to be investing into the Bachelor it would look bad if a bunch of people bail.

Crystal Allen

Sort of what i was thinking....

that maybe they are told that if they know they want to decline the rose, they must say so prior to actually being offered.

This might make sense, given that Blob had said that they must notify the producers of their picks so they can get the cameras set up properly, and it also makes sense that the Bachelor/ette know beforehand so s/he can decide on an alternate recipient for that rose.

Really.. this would be very dramatic, I can't see ABC actually saying No to a scenario where the actual rose is rejected.

I'd like to think that the reason the bachelors/bachelorettes are told before hand is to save them the embarrassment of outright rejection. Classy, in my opinion
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Brian !! I only remember beacuse that is my sons name. I can' t remember if he bailed before or after the speech though.
    It was Brian and he bailed before Trista's speech.

I agree with Duxxy, that ABC would probably be thrilled if someone rejected a rose at the ceremony. I could see it already... it would be all over the ads promoting the show and in the newspapers. Just like Jesse fumbling the name. I also think that they do it beforehand to save embarassment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast