+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recent Jesse articles

FORT Regular

Recent Jesse articles

This one's a hoot.
    URL: http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2304298

Things You'd Never Say: Jesse Palmer

The Best Damn Sports Show Period has some 'Things You'd Never Say' to Jesse Palmer:

Hey, Jesse, congratulations on being the Bachelor. I heard the only reason you got the job was because Kerry Collins was injured.

Hey, Jesse, some advice. When the women ask you where you spend most of your time, don't say at the bottom of the NFC East.

Hey, Jesse, I hear the show sends you on romantic dates to places you've never been before. Like where? The end zone?

Hey, Jesse, I hear you want to get married when you have some free time. May I suggest any Sunday next fall?

Hey, Jesse, I saw your selections. Quick question: were you trying to pick your future wife ... or your offensive line?
    ---------------------------------------------------

New "Bachelor" says he liked anonymity
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

April 19, 2004 | RADNOR, Pa. (AP) -- New York Giants second-string quarterback Jesse Palmer says what drew him to appear on the ABC television dating show "The Bachelor" was not the exposure -- it was the anonymity.

"When this opportunity came up, I thought it was great because the women didn't know who I was or what I did for a living, which put us all on an even playing field," Palmer told TV Guide for the April 18 issue. "In the past, it became obvious that (some women) were more interested in saying to people, `Hey, I'm dating a professional athlete."'

The show's makers were thrilled after they put out the word to sports agents that they wanted an athlete and got Palmer. "I thought we might get some minor-league baseball player," creator and executive producer Mike Fleiss said.

The team is not so thrilled.

A Giants spokesman told the magazine that Palmer "should be careful not to do anything that will reflect poorly on the Giants because then we would have a problem."

URL: http://www.salon.com/ent/wire/2004/04/19/bachelor/
    Last edited by jenoy2001; 04-19-2004 at 01:41 PM.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by jenoy2001
    Things You'd Never Say: Jesse Palmer

The Best Damn Sports Show Period has some 'Things You'd Never Say' to Jesse Palmer:

Hey, Jesse, congratulations on being the Bachelor. I heard the only reason you got the job was because Kerry Collins was injured.

Hey, Jesse, some advice. When the women ask you where you spend most of your time, don't say at the bottom of the NFC East.

Hey, Jesse, I hear the show sends you on romantic dates to places you've never been before. Like where? The end zone?

Hey, Jesse, I hear you want to get married when you have some free time. May I suggest any Sunday next fall?

Hey, Jesse, I saw your selections. Quick question: were you trying to pick your future wife ... or your offensive line?
    I know they are coming: Jesse jokes in football terms. But they still crack me up...
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

+ Reply to Thread