+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is with the double standard?

I just want to throw this out there, but do you think maybe Trish is a plant? I mean Mere was pretty bland, so they needed something or someONE to lighten up the mood?? I think Fleiss is intelligent enough and good at his job that he would hire some actress/model to do this and become the "most hated woman on television ever"... JMO
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    The onus for the married affair falls on the married partner, he made the vows not Trish.
    No, it doesn't just fall on the married partner. The fact that she said she slept with one means she knew exactly what she was doing and didn't mind playing a party to a cheating spouse. It's sad and disgusting and i'm sure she wouldn't appreciate someone helping her husband cheat on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekh
    I agree. Every guy they have had on this show tried to bed all the girls he can. Sorry I had to throw in that little clappy icon thing How many guys do you think Trista slept with. I think at least 2. Personally I think its disgusting. Sloppy seconds, thirds, maybe even forths :phhht . Gee I didn't pay attention to Marideth. How many guys did she screw on the show? Its sad

I have absolutely no doubt about what you're saying.
    Kristin said that the guys are keeping a score card of how many women they can sleep with. Yeah, it's sleazy.
    But guess what?? It's not surprising. I bet the one of the reasons besides the subsequent fame(not long lasting anyway) is that it's the only time they'll have their own harem with a bunch of women willing to sleep with the men even if the next day they may not remember their names. They literally have these women throwing their underwear at them so the guys take advantage.

From what i heard from amanda, she said that she broke up with the first idiot to go on the show, because he slept with trista twice. Ick! And then he didn't even pick her. :rolleyes
    I think Tina fabulous did sleep with Andrew and then he didn't even pick her.
    Of course she left saying that "being barefoot and pregnant on a vineyard is so not fabulous" or something to that effect.

As for Aaron burgue, I guess i kinda feel bad for helene. Very pretty girl.

Imo, these couples dont last because they dont go on these shows for the right reasons.

Slightly ot, i get the impression that some dont like Bob. I guess i'd like to know why.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    I just want to throw this out there, but do you think maybe Trish is a plant? I mean Mere was pretty bland, so they needed something or someONE to lighten up the mood?? I think Fleiss is intelligent enough and good at his job that he would hire some actress/model to do this and become the "most hated woman on television ever"... JMO

If not, his cousin the famous Heidi could certainly hook him up with a great candidate with the "right" background.

Seriously

Um, i've heard this Kirsten person mentioned quite alot. Was she like the heir apparent to trish or something? What happened with her?

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    No, Trish is Kirsten's heir apparent as Kirsten came first. Kirsten was vilified by the women because she was a complete bitch to them and a bit of a liar. Trish has taken the reasons to be hated to a higher level, although I actually think that Kirsten was much bitchier.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I actually think that Kirsten was much bitchier.
    Ooooh... remember the look she gave Andrew when she was chopping vegetables...
    Yea, she was bitchier... so far we haven't seen Trish be really bitchy to any of the other women - just annoying --"I look *%#@-ing fabulous" and "I have to put on my thong, so my ass will be all pretty for my date"....bleh

"Yeah, just in case jesse decides he knows me well enough to get some." :rolleyes :p

Was it so that Kirsten had a boyfriend back home and then andrew's family pressured him him to bring it up?? I thought that he was another dud and he probably slept with her too.

Nope that was her, and the "vegetable look" is when he asked her about it on their last date, she freaken had murder in her eyes Kristen was worse tho, because she was really evil, and not just annoying as Trish who seems pretty harmless... so far.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Jesse got plenty of flack for his "waking up with strangers"comment, maybe not in his thread (I haven't checked), but certainly in the show discussion thread.

I don't think there necessarily is a double standard and agree that part of the difference in people's reactions to the comments by Trish and Jesse is that Trish is so blase.
    Also, who gives a crap about the Bachelor?
    It's the women that make this show season after season they are the ones that it's fun to see and talk about. The women's threads nearly always end up being far longer than the guys.
    The footage of them all just in the house together is generally far more interesting that any of the dates imo.
    Men talking about their conquests is still far more common so no one thinks anything of it, that doesn't mean people weren't grossed out by Jesse's revelation, just that, as far as I'm concerned, he's a deadly dull guy delivering his comment in a deadly dull fashion, whereas Trish has some edge.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast