+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Shiralli - the Mole

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Mkay, if they're playing the game "I never" How does trish revealing having slept with a married man, fall into that?? I would figure a game with that title would have to be about the things you'd never do or never have done, so im thinking that someone would've had to have asked such a question for trish to reveal such. Just a thought...
    I haven't played it myself, but I think the point (as a drinking game) is to say something you've never done, and anyone else who has done it drinks. The more outrageous, the more likely the game is to reveal embarrassing histories.

Crystal Allen

I Never

You're right. "I Never" is a drinking game where somebody will say "I never did such and such" and everyone that did it drinks.

There can be two distinct 'backdrops' for this game. One is if you're playing in a group of people that know each other well, you can indulge in teasing by naming something embarassing that everyone knows a particular player has done [i.e. if everyone knows that a particular player once called a girl by the wrong name during sex, you can look directly at him and say "I never went to bed with a girl named Diana and called her Lisa" and everyone will laugh and drink.]

Alternately, if you're playing in a group of people that do not know each other well, it's a good way to 'hasten' intimacy. Same sex group dynamics being what they are, it's possible to feel pressure to "go along to get along" and reveal personal things when you see others doing that. Just as when men in a locker room may feel pressured into speaking a certain way about women.

I like the Mole

Jenny appears to be doing a great job. We need to remember that ABC
    does edit alot and they also play a big role in what we see and don't.

I like the idea of the mole--it does add a certain amount of excitement to the show and since this is an abbreviated dating game to find a potential mate it just makes sense that you would need a friend to get the and out of the house so the can rule!

That's my pick!

Crystal Allen

"Will you always love me?"

What the heck was up with her little teary exhibition at the RC? Hugging the two blonds [i think Jessica B. and Tara but hard to tell from behind] and sobbing and saying "Do you promise you'll always love me?"

Huh?

I'll bet Trish would have said something forthright and gasp/squealworthy like "Love you? I met you like 3 weeks ago while filming a reality tv show. I don't even know you. And unbeknowst to any of us, even that 'relationship' has been based on a lie because you're not really a bachelorette. So, no, I won't always love you."

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    I'll bet Trish would have said something forthright and gasp/squealworthy like "Love you? I met you like 3 weeks ago while filming a reality tv show. I don't even know you. And unbeknowst to any of us, even that 'relationship' has been based on a lie because you're not really a bachelorette. So, no, I won't always love you."
    Trish continuing on to say "but I would love to sleep with you"

I also think Jenny told Jesse a whole lot more than we've seen. Note how chummy her and Jessica are in the previews for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi
    Trish continuing on to say "but I would love to sleep with you"

I also think Jenny told Jesse a whole lot more than we've seen. Note how chummy her and Jessica are in the previews for next week.
    I agree with you kraziladi!

At this point I don't see what was gained by having a mole, other than an extreme level of deception that Jenny will have to deal with next week. According to the previews, next week she will take over deciding who gets to spend time with Jesse, which seems to give her especially undue influence. If she were better in touch with who her friend Jesse is, I might have more sympathy for allowing her now to take a lead role. I think at this point I would prefer that Jenny be cut out and that Jesse get input instead from her husband, who probably knows Jesse differently and could provide him with an alternative point of view.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    But... then we would be spared the drama of the women finding out that their little secrets are compromised!

Crystal Allen

Jenny's Influence

What further irks me about this is that in every prior series they have had, as I recall, a group of two or three friends of the Bachelor/ette and the group has included men and women. This gives an opportunity for a little give and take during discussions of 'who's best for _______' and allows for both male and female input. The friends typically have some sort of structured Q&A 'interview sessions' and also spend some casual 'hang out and drink time' with the contestants. They also come in [we assume] NOT having spoken to the Bachelor/ette and thus don't already know his/her feelings towards the 'competitors.' I think having what amounts to a blind test is vital, they give their own independent input without knowing what their pal is thinking. Frequently, the leads to their friends being happy that their choice was reinforced. i.e. "I was so glad they picked Ian, b/c I liked him and I'm so happy they picked him out of the group."

In this case, Jenny has her mind made up, AND she knows what Jesse thinks about each of them. And what SHE thinks about them. Not to be forgotten, Trish already got the first impression rose and got a two person date, rather than a group date. So independently of Jenny, Jesse himself has already decided he likes Trish AND an 'compatibility test' has determined they are at least somewhat compatible. At least as much as Mandy Jaye and more than Karen and Jessica B.
    Last edited by Six Degrees; 04-23-2004 at 09:49 AM. Reason: add a couple lines

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    Has nobody else made a mistake and owned up to it?
    Apparently not many folks watching the show have made any mistakes. Must be nice. :rolleyes

I'm sorry, I know this isn't going to go over well at all, but I gotta say it. I liked the idea of the mole at first but this chick is a lemon. IMHO she's judgmental, prissy, and manipulative, and I'm glad she at least didn't get a rose. Looks like we're still stuck with her anyway, from the previews of Miss Muffet being chauffeured back to the barracks to 'fess up. I know she had a limited amount of time to work with, but I think she crossed the line.

And some of the reasons she gave for her little Trish ultimatum.... "she won't fit in with our friends! Wah! she isn't right for our clique!" Who cares? Is someone still stuck in high school? Better find a girl exactly like the other football wives Jesse.

She doesn't seem like much of a friend at all to me right now. I don't care for conditional friendships and threats.

*waits for the onslaught"

+ Reply to Thread