+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Shiralli - the Mole

Crystal Allen

Thank You!!

AND I'M A GOLD DIGGING WHORE, TOO!

AND A GOOD KISSER!

AND DON'T LIKE MESSY LOLLIPOP STAINED KIDS!

No wonder I am always defending her.

FORT Newbie

Why should Trish lie about Married guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    oh c'mon. The circumstance was that he was married and she didn't give 2 s**ts and niether did the other guilty party. If she was so embarrased about it, why admit it on national tv?? C'mon now.:rolleyes
    Uh oh, easy now, we're very close to bashing Six Degrees...whom I happen to agree with.

How do we know the circumstance? The reason to admit it on national tv is that she's a truthful girl. Why lie? Chances are the married man and his wife (and his new mistress) are watching anyway and would call her on a lie in the National Enquirer. Then Trish-bashers would call her a LIAR!

I think it is perfectly fine for Jenny to voice her opinion now, when there is no relationship (yet). Trish is not Jesse's girlfriend yet, and there are probably plenty of other girls whom Jesse likes just as much as he likes Trish. If it would be that Jesse had brought Trish home as his fiancee (without Jenny knowing her), I don't think Jenny would have said a thing, just quietly started to spend less and less time around Jesse & Trish. Jenny is there as a person who is supposed to tell Jesse what she thinks about the girls. That is what Jesse wants, Jenny's honest opinion to make his decisions easier. I don't see anything wrong with Jenny delivering what she is asked to do (in this situation).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

adm
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    What I've said is that while you may not agree with what a friend is doing, you should respect them and whatever their decision making process is, as well as their right to do what they feel is proper without having to worry about losing your friendship. I'm sure many of us have had friends who have chosen partners that we don't like, and while you can voice your opinion, it is still appropriate to respect that your friend may disagree with you or maybe even needs to 'learn for himself' what you've already decided. Bottom line, I would not hold my friendship contingent on somebody dating who I told them to.
    Er. Um. Isn't that why Jenny's there? Doesn't he keep telling her how much he needs her to tell him who's really there for the right reasons? She's supposed to be guiding him in who to choose -- the "ultimatim" was just the way to say it as forcefully as she possibly could.

Quote Originally Posted by adm
    Er. Um. Isn't that why Jenny's there? Doesn't he keep telling her how much he needs her to tell him who's really there for the right reasons? She's supposed to be guiding him in who to choose -- the "ultimatim" was just the way to say it as forcefully as she possibly could.

It seems as if she keeps trying to warn him of Trish, and he keeps thinking with the wrong part of his anatomy. Jenny just needed to show how strongly she felt that he was making a huge mistake.

He has Jenny there because they are close friends and spend a lot of time together. Her purpose in being there is to help him find the perfect fit for him and his lifestyle (if there is such a thing!!).

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I think it is perfectly fine for Jenny to voice her opinion now, when there is no relationship (yet). Trish is not Jesse's girlfriend yet, and there are probably plenty of other girls whom Jesse likes just as much as he likes Trish. If it would be that Jesse had brought Trish home as his fiancee (without Jenny knowing her), I don't think Jenny would have said a thing, just quietly started to spend less and less time around Jesse & Trish. Jenny is there as a person who is supposed to tell Jesse what she thinks about the girls. That is what Jesse wants, Jenny's honest opinion to make his decisions easier. I don't see anything wrong with Jenny delivering what she is asked to do (in this situation).
    Speaking of this boyfriend business, so many times, ive seen clips of women from the bachelor previews over the past seasons saying how much they hate other girls "kissing their boyfriend" (refering to the current bachelor). Chances are honey, if he's kissing someone else on the show, he is not your boyfriend. It just irritates me to kibbles and bits when they say that. Geez! :phhht

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He has Jenny there because they are close friends and spend a lot of time together. Her purpose in being there is to help him find the perfect fit for him and his lifestyle (if there is such a thing!!).
    I think that's why she gives the "if you pick this one I can't be your friend" speech. Her husband and her are part of his circle of friends. If he picks the one she can't stand, I imagine she's not looking forward to bridge night (Boggle, trivial pursuit whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    And you are absolutely right! ITA!

Quote Originally Posted by adm
    I don't see why the ends justify the means. There is a principle at work here that is larger than whether she likes Trish or not and wanted to convey that strongly. I think she could have done this without an ultimatum about their own friendship. Jenny knows very little about Trish, in some ways (I've argued) less than Jesse does. Accepting for a moment that having a mole in the house is a decent thing to do (I don't think it is), it is her job to report what she thinks he needs to hear. I just don't think friends should be in the business of threatening to withdraw their love and support if a decision doesn't go the way they would like.

Crystal Allen

Why is Jenny There

Well, let's all agree that part of why she's there is because it makes good TV.

Remember, ABC and Mike Fleiss are in the business of creating good television, they didn't initiate this series out of a sense of altruism to help the Bachelor/ettes find a mate. So this made an interesting twist, and let's not forget all of us in the online community going bonkers sussing out the Mole. So we were all already drawn in before the first episode.

That having been said, Jenny is there to be a friend. She is there to offer advice, counsel, a second opinion, and [i think unfairly] to give Jesse a 'behind the scenes look' at the girls. Realisitically, how many of us would want somebody we are dating to hear everything we said about them to our pals? She is there because everyone likes to get their friends' advice and input on difficult decisions. However, at the end of the day, Jesse is [ostensibly] there to choose the woman that he thinks is right for him, not to to what Jenny tells him to do. She can and should offer input and advice, not emotional blackmail.

+ Reply to Thread