+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Which past contestant would you like as Bachelor/Bachelorette?

Re: Which past contestant would you like as Bachelor/Bachelorette?

Quote Originally Posted by DrewPA;2418937;
    Good point, but I think the opposite is actually true. I think ABC and Fleiss are just unable to find 25 eligible and willing bachelors. See how hard they try to find ONE bachelor now? 25 would be impossible.
    I still say we need "princess" Erika and her tiara...that money would have
    them running...lol..now finding 25 men who have the same kind of money she does and were available in the right age would be impossible I think...lol...because isnt' that what she said she wanted one that came from the same background as her with the same things...lol...so I guess the tiara stands alone...I still say she would probably be funnier than all get out to watch...lol..she sure could command a room and the conversation..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2420233;
    Brooke was the F2 girl from Aaron's season...she lived in Birmingham AL....but I believe it was during Merideths season...that they were showing some updates on some people and they showed Brooke trying on wedding dresses because she was getting married..
    Thanks, ButterflyFaery - ok, that's right..Brooke. she was a sweetie! Glad to hear she's planning her wedding.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I would like to see Sadie minus her mentioning the V card, she would be a joy to watch.........

FORT Fan

sadie--you really need someone with personality plus some moral integrity to make this work....steph kansas--could she open up enough to make it successful? i liked her alot.

Tina Fabulous. You need someone with an attitude.
    I'm cured.

There's so many girls and I can never remember who they all are but maybe someone can help me.

I think the F2 girl at the end of the season where the bachelor's parents looked quite wealthy and they went out on their boat was a blonde girl and i really was wishing he would choose her but he picked the brunette instead and they didnt last...

dang it! I can't remember his name or her name all i remember is he was living above his sports bar or something?

can someone help with the details please?

I'd like to see her as a bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Cleocatra;2421157;
    There's so many girls and I can never remember who they all are but maybe someone can help me.

I think the F2 girl at the end of the season where the bachelor's parents looked quite wealthy and they went out on their boat was a blonde girl and i really was wishing he would choose her but he picked the brunette instead and they didnt last...

dang it! I can't remember his name or her name all i remember is he was living above his sports bar or something?

can someone help with the details please?

I'd like to see her as a bachelorette

Alex - F2 was Trista
    Aaron - F2 was Brooke
    Andrew - F2 was Kirsten
    Blob - F2 was Kelly Jo
    Jesse - F2 was Tara
    Byron - F2 was Tanya
    Charlie - F2 was Krisily
    Travis - F2 was Moana
    Lorenzo - F2 was Sadie
    Handy Andy - well, you know...

I think you are referring to Brooke in Aaron's season. Someone posted upthread about her planning her wedding right now.

Of all the F2 girls, I would like to see Moana, and of "non-F2s" I would like to see Gwen.

For "entertainment" value, I would rather see "don't hate me b/c I am beautiful" Sara from Charlie's season. I think she would be very entertaining! But, she would probaby do as much, if not more damage to The B'ette series than Jen did.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2421171;
    Alex - F2 was Trista
    Aaron - F2 was Brooke
    Andrew - F2 was Kirsten
    Blob - F2 was Kelly Jo
    Jesse - F2 was Tara
    Byron - F2 was Tanya
    Charlie - F2 was Krisily
    Travis - F2 was Moana
    Lorenzo - F2 was Sadie
    Handy Andy - well, you know...

I think you are referring to Brooke in Aaron's season. Someone posted upthread about her planning her wedding right now.

Of all the F2 girls, I would like to see Moana, and of "non-F2s" I would like to see Gwen.

For "entertainment" value, I would rather see "don't hate me b/c I am beautiful" Sara from Charlie's season. I think she would be very entertaining! But, she would probaby do as much, if not more damage to The B'ette series than Jen did.

yesssss thank you!! Idcook77!!

it was Brooke and Aaron!.... sheesh totally forgot their names

I don't know why but I really liked her a lot and would have loved to see her as a bachelorette.... ( I must have missed the posts about her getting married... oh well)

But you're probably right a Moana or Sara would provide more drama and excitement

My absolute, hands down favorite - Ben Sands from Jen's season. The anti-bachelor. OK, he went to Duke. But let's not hold that against him.
    He was funny, cute, smart, articulate and the man has a way with words. Here's an article he wrote about the show. He wrote several, each funnier than the last. I adored him. Wonder where he is now? Great article.
    Duke Magazine-Love's Labor Lost by Ben Sands-July/August 2005
    Here I was, running through the deserted streets, camera crew in tow, looking for a cab to sweet talk into a free ride uptown. The longer I ran, the more difficulty I had suppressing the only question that seemed relevant at the time: "What the hell am I doing?"
    Ah yes, the Empire State Building date. If only there had been a worthy woman waiting.

Earlier, the show's host, Chris Harrison, had interrupted Jen's group date with me and three other bachelors at Puglio's, a famous pizzeria in Little Italy, and taken her from us to a waiting limo. (I'm regularly asked if the group dates were "awkward." In a word, Yes. I suppose we maintained our sanity by thinking of Jen as our "collective" girlfriend. At least we liked to think of her as "ours." But, more accurately, we were hers, a collection of obsequious male courtiers. It worked, as long as everybody kept his hands to himself, of course.)
    I always found it particularly interesting how different individuals in the house responded to the inherent pressure of our situation. Some guys would react to the drama with more drama, flying off the handle at the slightest injustice; others would exhibit more tact. It occurred to me that when the hundreds of hours of footage shot were distilled down to seven, forty-minute episodes, confrontation would serve as the foundation of the show--it simply made for better TV. Our television personas would ultimately be defined by such moments, and I realized early on that there was great risk of being misrepresented in the final primetime manifestation of the program.

As a result, I consciously avoided the acrimony and the cameras that homed in on it. I sought out small, quiet conversations, which, considering the short time we had known one another, were extraordinarily intimate and compelling. Through these conversations, I met a collection of motivated, personable, energetic romantics. I often wondered why men like these would participate in a show like this. Who wants to have his personality, profession, motivations, even eyebrows (!) reviewed by an unsympathetic, highly critical, national television audience? Who would knowingly walk into a situation in which, more likely than not, he would be "dumped" on national TV? The truth, I suppose, was simple: The alternative, our "normal" life, was far safer, but undoubtedly less compelling than that provided by the instant notoriety and pseudo-celebrity this opportunity could offer.

Was it boredom that had brought us all here in the first place? That's probably an unfair generalization, but, without a doubt, every lawyer, banker, and ski instructor in the house was looking for a new story to tell--a story to differentiate himself from every other lawyer, banker, and ski instructor out there. And perhaps that's a generational thing. Five years out of college, who isn't looking to differentiate himself from the rest? Who isn't looking for some purpose and direction to couple with book knowledge and "real world experience"? Some of us go to law or business school to find that direction, some join an N.G.O. to find that purpose, and others, well, they end up racing through the streets of lower Manhattan on a cold November night, full of purpose but desperately in need of a cab.
    Oh shucks. He's so good. Just read the whole article. I'll search for more. Ben is terrific and would make a great bachelor!
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-29-2007 at 09:06 AM.

He wrote a whole series of articles for the Aspen Daily News. I think those articles are the best ever written about this show. It doesnt even matter that it's about Jen's season. He's so damn funny and articulate that you really get invaluable insight into what the group of men/women are going through.
    Bachelor shares thoughts on intimacy

Print This Page

Blue Tent Marketing
    Ben Sands -
    11/22/2004 23:31 MST

Editor's note: This is the third in a series of columns that Ben Sands is writing for the Aspen Daily News. Sands is vying for Jen Schefft's affections on the reality television program "The Bachelorette," which airs tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC. At the end of the column, Aspen Daily News Associate Editor Troy Hooper grills Sands on last week's episode.

"INTIMATE?" WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? We were sitting around the kitchen table the morning following Fabrice's date: Ryan, Jerry, Wendell and myself. Drinking coffee, we listened as Frenchy recalled the night that had just passed and his first one-on-one date with Jen. Cotton Club, Vanessa Williams, blah, blah, blah. Casually, I asked the only question anyone really cared about: "So do ya kiss her or what?" With a coy half-shrug he responded, "It was intimate, yes." The group fell silent. Intimate? One by one, everyone got up from the table and went to do something other than listen to this guy talk about how he had presumably made out with our collective girlfriend. At that point we liked to think of her as "ours." But, more accurately, we were hers: a collection of obsequious male concubines. Interestingly no one had had a problem with our role until somebody tried to stake their own claim ... and our French friend had made le premier interlude romantique.

Well, it was an intimate moment between Fabrice and Jen (not to mention the camera guy who was documenting that most unpleasant of French kisses). But, after watching it on television, the date clearly hadn't been as successful as Fabrice had implied that morning after. Of course we weren't privy to such information at the time, so, consequently, that one little word permanently changed the dynamic in the house. Suddenly the whole situation became much more real: We were all trying to date the same girl and some relationships were moving more quickly than others. In response, some in the house became detached, some contentious and others, like Ryan and myself, just angry that we hadn't taken more shots during our little game of street ball. (Allow for a brief interjection here regarding that hoops game. The final score was 15-1. 15-1! The television footage did not do that particular ass-whooping justice. Furthermore, where is the justice in giving Fabrice the one-on-one date for being the low scorer? Not surprisingly, he took no issue with the award whereas Ryan and I, children of a more meritocratic culture, rightfully felt slighted.)

Jen could relate to the confusion that gripped the remaining guys. How do you attempt to begin a relationship with someone who has made inroads with another? She had two recommendations: First, don't think about it. (Sound advice. Ignorance really is bliss.) Second, if it works out in the end, this month of uncertainty and awkwardness will soon be forgotten. (Yeah, tell that to my friends TiVo-ing this in HD.) Honestly, what she said did make sense. What it comes down to is simple: It's not a perfect situation - she's going to have to test drive a couple before she buys. That's just the way it works. Fair enough.

By the time the rose ceremony rolled around it looked like Fabrice was the lemon of the bunch. None of the guys in the house were giving him a chance - except me. Fabrice struck me as a very intelligent guy - emotional yes, but ultimately rational and clever. Sure enough, just when it looked like he was heading to reality TV purgatory, he talked his way into the next round.

The next round? When Jen adorned me with my next rose, the pin tore through my jacket, shirt and undershirt, glancing my chest. The fleeting sensation of pain brought me out of my rose-ceremony-induced haze, and I became immediately conscious of the predicament I was in: One more of these roses and I was taking Jen home to meet my parents, possibly in Aspen. Which raises the question: Can this girl ski?

Hooper: "Oh Silent Smiley One: Cat got your tongue? Why so quiet my friend?"

Sands: "I said plenty, just not so much related to finding a girlfriend on national television. On that issue, I usually preferred to listen."

Hooper: "I didn't see Fabrice at Gay Ski Week. But in that last episode, I did seem him crying like a schoolgirl. Is Fabrice gay? French? Or both?"

Sands: "Not sure. I've never considered crying to be an exclusive characteristic of either homosexuals or French people. I've always considered it a fairly common biological feature of all human beings. Regardless, given Fabrice's success in getting a rose despite crying (twice!), it appears that women are attracted to guys who aren't afraid to show and share vulnerability. I might try it myself."

Hooper: "Nice layup. How many points did you score?"

Sands: "Three buckets total - two jumpers in addition to the layup. I should have dunked that last one, though."

Hooper: "I noticed that both of the virgins have been eliminated. Coincidence? Or further evidence of Darwinism?"

Sands: "Josh and Jason may have been virgins, but it is not because they can't get a date. Instead, they have a conviction founded in their beliefs, and they are true to it. I find few things more impressive. I think a more accurate interpretation of Darwin would find them most likely to finish first in the struggle for existence."

Hooper: "I doubt it. Save that B.S. for Jen."
    Aspen Daily News | Aspen, Colorado

+ Reply to Thread