+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Karen

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I'm giving a to Karen and her exiting comment. Why not go out with a bang?

Her pity party when the group date box arrived reminded me of Mary's breakdown when she found out KellyJo had the last 1 on 1 date with Bob. You could tell that it really made Tara feel bad/guilty/whatever.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I think Mike Fleiss should feel bad. Cheap Bastard. Give the final 6 all individual dates. There is no reason Karen should have left because she had no time with him. What a joke. Cristina was lucky at this stage with Andrew... made F4 without an individual date. But that was pure luck, and a load of stuff we probably didn't see. I feel for Karen, because F6 and no individual date is bullsh--.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Crystal Allen

Individual Date

I don't really believe Karen was 'owed' an individual date. Neither the compatibility tests nor Jesse's best friend seem to think that she should get one. Given Jenny's good intentions, she could easily have insisted that Karen get a one on one. Furthermore, since Jesse and Jenny spoke at least three times, he could have asked that Jenny pick her for a one on one.Tara already had a one on one, so if Karen was really a diamond in the rough [and it was suggested that weird editing made it look like she was talking about Karen but wasn't.] Furthermore, recalling the first RC, Jesse was so interested in her initially that he dramatized the rose ceremony by insisting that she get a rose. He wanted to get to know her, yet nothing ever took. Maybe Jesse just didn't like her.

It's like losing a football game and when handed the microphone to talk to reporters and saying, "Well...I lost and I'm pissed off. But I'm more pissed off that [insert any football players name that was on the winning team] is on the winning team because he smokes pot in the off season, so you shouldn't like him either!!"

Poor loser. Good riddance.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'm not sure about her motivation for the final comment. If it was simply sour grapes, though, why would she focus only on Trish? It seems like she would have said something about not having had a 1-1 date.

But who knows? Especially taking editing into account, it's impossible to tell what anyone is really thinking... except Jenny and Trish, of course.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    My gripe is with the general format of the show. Group dates are generally just too large for him to get to know any of them, and there simply shouldn't BE any group dates once you hit F6.

And I don't think Karen had pure sour grapes - she complimented 3 but warned him about one.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    I'm not sure about her motivation for the final comment. If it was simply sour grapes, though, why would she focus only on Trish? It seems like she would have said something about not having had a 1-1 date.
    Because that would entail her to buck-up and confront Jessie about WHY she didn't get a 1 on 1 date, since it is only his decision. But..we all know that she can't say anything TO the person she wants to confront, she only backstabs and cattily makes comments on the sly.

Besides, she doesn't want to appear bothered in front of Jessie..she likes that "false-front bravado" she carries around in those injected cheeks.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fanatic

People: Karen Lindsay doesn't make Bachelor's cut

From Projo.com The Providence Journal May 1, 2004

Close, but no quarterback.

Former Miss Rhode Island Karen Lindsay made it to the last six contestants on the ABC reality show The Bachelor, but was not selected for the final four by bachelor Jesse Palmer, a backup quarterback for the New York Giants.

On Wednesday's episode, the contestants discovered that Palmer had a "spy" living with them, which made at least one contestant -- but not Lindsay -- very uncomfortable.

Yesterday, Lindsay and Suzie Williams, the other contestant who didn't move on, were making the media rounds in New York City, including an appearance on Good Morning America.

Lindsay said she was not all that disappointed.

"I had never been on a date alone with him, only the group dates, so I never really got a chance to get to know him," she said in a phone interview yesterday. "But even on the group dates, I knew he was not the right guy for me. . . . I was fine with going home."

First off, I (sadly) missed this week's episode, but I did catch up on all the threads here.

When this 'season' first started, I didn't care for Karen, but several of her comments struck me as quick and funny wit. I'm not at all sure that Jesse would like that type of running narration in his life forevermore.

Having not seen all that went down, I can't really comment on either Karen's or Tara's comments, but in terms of being uncalled for or rude, from just reading about it, I can't see that at all.

If you saw someone, even a relative stranger, constantly making the same mistake over and over, would you not help them as best you could? Trying to make the best out of every situation, what would you do in her shoes? Just smile and say goodbye, leaving that person to continue to shoot himself in the foot? Or would you try to point them in the right direction?

I know, myself, there are some people that I've come across in my life that, if I saw them about to walk in front of a moving bus while crossing the street, I wouldn't help them. Yeah, that's mean, but I'm afraid it's true. I don't think that Karen felt that way about either Jesse or the three women she complimented. I think she really honestly things come out for the best for everyone, and that doesn't include Trish being there instead of Susie.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Wow - I can't believe that some people hate Karen so much! I thought she had a terrific sense of humor. Ok, she didn't photograph very well in some instances, but in candid shots she was really pretty. And, Jesse commented on how gorgeous Karen was during the first episode. She always seemed really classy and fun to me. One of my favorite scenes was her opening the front door to Jesse with the goggles & caulking tubes.

As respects her comments to Jesse at the end of the reward ceremony - I don't think she was being catty or bitter. She didn't even mention Trish by name! And, Karen's attitude was calm and helpful. Why do the same people here that laud Trish's comments as "honesty" about her sexcapades seem to think that Karen's good bye caution to Jesse was so terrible? I am soooooo confused!

And, here come the "pagent" comments again. Why do some people think that women that have been in pagents and/or sororities are all stuck on themselves and think everyone else is beneath them? I just don't understand the resentment.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast