+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica B

EZD

A smidge of inside info

For reasons unknown, Jessica has been having "meetings with producers" up in LA. Her friends are VERY suspicious...

Quote Originally Posted by EZD
    For reasons unknown, Jessica has been having "meetings with producers" up in LA. Her friends are VERY suspicious...
    But what about law school!!!!!!!!!!

EZD
    I totally agree. I don't think that she should just up and leave - it's not like undergrad. He may not be in NY for all that long and he can afford to fly her out to him - so I think she should take care of her stuff and he can work on his career and they can give their relationship more time to develop and thus more of a chance...

I know this might be news to some, but there are Law Schools in and around New York. You know, Columbia, Fordham, even Yale isn't that far. These schools might not be good for Jessica's parents, though.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    lol... where the hell does she go to school now?

Even so, I don't begrudge her taking a semester off to do the show - you have to live your life, and it's not the end of the world to take a semester off for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

That said, I hope she doesn't make a stupid mistake and quit school for Jesse. That's just BS - she needs a career if she's going to be with him.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

EZD
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing
    I know this might be news to some, but there are Law Schools in and around New York. You know, Columbia, Fordham, even Yale isn't that far. These schools might not be good for Jessica's parents, though.
    Switching law schools is not like switching undergrads. If you're not there your 1st year you won't be on the law review which means you'll have a lot of explaining to do to potential employers. Being an attractive female comes with certain professional disadvantages (especially in a field like law) but to compound that by having to explain that you decided to transfer because you met the man of your dreams and he lives in New York... and if it doesn't work out (which is what 98% of the world is predicting no matter who the chosen girl is) it would all be for naught. Not the best plan I've ever heard! But even beyond all of that, what a quandry it would leave her in if he moves to another team and then she's stuck at a school in or near NY.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    If Jesse relocates, that's the chance she takes with switching schools. Besides, it's possible that as a second-year student, she'll be able to compete for the journal as a transfer student. It happens. She's young enough that she is probably in her first year and can do it. Doing it twice.... Jesse's going to have to suck it up. Or they'll just need to do the LD thing.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by EZD
    Switching law schools is not like switching undergrads. If you're not there your 1st year you won't be on the law review which means you'll have a lot of explaining to do to potential employers. Being an attractive female comes with certain professional disadvantages (especially in a field like law) but to compound that by having to explain that you decided to transfer because you met the man of your dreams and he lives in New York... and if it doesn't work out (which is what 98% of the world is predicting no matter who the chosen girl is) it would all be for naught. Not the best plan I've ever heard! But even beyond all of that, what a quandry it would leave her in if he moves to another team and then she's stuck at a school in or near NY.

Ummmm, I know plenty of people who have switched law schools -- law schools that they couldn't initially get into, since top law schools are generally easier to transfer into if you did well your first year. Also, being at a school like Columbia, NYU, Yale or similar, you really don't have to worry about being law review or any other journal. Even if she couldn't transfer into that caliber of school, good grades are more important than being on a journal.

I'd think that she should only have 2 more years at most to go, so she wouldn't be stuck anywhere for long even if he were traded. He must travel half the time during season anyway. And New York is a great place to go to school.

Anyway, she seems nice. I'd be more worried that he is hiding his inkling to play the field. I wouldn't want my daughter to get hooked up with a professional athlete. Especially an NFL qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisey41
    But what about law school!!!!!!!!!!

It is unclear to me if the show was taped between law school semesters. Is it possible that Jessica is not in school this semester? That would be very odd since most big-name law schools have one or more (generally more) courses that last the entire year (i.e., no grade that counts for the first semester). If one does not attend the second semester, taking the entire course(s) from the beginning at another or the same school would likely be required.

Transferring from wherever to a New York area law school is not that easy, especially if she only finished one semester. In the last couple of years, law schools have seen a dramatic increase in the number of applicants. As a result, many accepted larger classes than initially planned, with the expectation that some would not return after the first year. (The first year in law school is complete hell...) Very few law students actually transfer. It would be easier to speculate on Jessica's ability to transfer if four things were known: 1) her undergraduate GPA; 2) her LSAT score; her present law school, and 3) her first year gpa/class rank. For example, Columbia and NYU are only motivated to take the very top academic transfers from other schools, not someone with boyfriend issues. I don't mean that in demeaning way, but these schools have a professional reputation that is not enhanced by reality TV contestants (at least not in the eyes of major "alums." A second strike against her is her undergraduate degree/institution. The law school admissions people I know demonstrate some prejudice against certain schools and degrees -- East Carolina Univ and a criminal justice degree do not strike me at a winning combination for NYU, Columbia or Yale, though perhaps Rutgers, St John's or New York Law School.

It is interesting that Jessica describes Jesse as being "intellectual," when elsewhere Chrissy describes him in very unflattering terms.

Of the remaining women, she is my favorite, though I do wonder if Trish is not a better fit for him ( which may not be a ringing endorsement of Jesse).

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    Is it possible that Jessica is not in school this semester?
    I think I remember her Mother (or it could've been her Father) mention something about them supporting her with this expereince while she took a semester off of school.

+ Reply to Thread