+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Trish

For as much as I dislike Trish, I still dislike Kirsten more. Trish unabashedly admits who she is, what she stands for and what she'll do to get it. Even at the end, Kirsten was pretending to be the nice-girl-wronged.

Scary that I can find a "positive" about Trish since she basically makes me want to

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Six Degrees]What I think is off-putting about Trish is that her behaviour is the exact opposite of how we expect women to behave. She's proud of her accomplishments, confident, brash, and outgoing. So she doesn't like kids....so what.

I like Trish too. I remember when I was 28, I said I didn't want kids. Now I have three of them that I adore.

She's young and having fun... I think it's unbelievably old fashioned to call Trish a skank and then say "I have hopes that Jesse wants to settle down" after he admits to one-night stands and is spotted recently at a strip club and his fellow players say that "Jesse likes to mix it up!"

More than likely they are both "players"...it's going to be a great ride with these two on the show. I hope she sticks around.

perhaps

I know people who have more than SEEN this...

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    I have to respectfully disagree. We only SEE her talking about money.

We only SEE her semi-outrageous comments because that's who her 'character' is.

I also do not agree she is looking for a meal ticket. In fact, her remarks in the kitchen indicate that she HAS dated wealthy men and that merely having money and status are not enough for her. Additionally, she owns her own home and appears to be self supporting. Her remarks about 'not settling' actually sound more like she can stand on her own two feet, and will only give up her independence for the right man.

[QUOTE=Blobsucks]
    More than likely they are both "players"...it's going to be a great ride with these two on the show. I hope she sticks around.
    Yes, Jesse probably finds Trish exciting and attractive because he can relate to her on certain levels. I don't think she is attractive. I was surprised when his teammates declared her hot when viewing the photo album. So, apparently Jesse is not the only New York Giants player with bad taste. Her dumbo ears really stick out when her short hair is pulled behind them. She also looked a mess with baggy eyes sitting around the house. But I'm sure when Jesse's spy forces him to cut Trish she with get lots of calls after sunning topless and in a thong on the show.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Uh , three guesses as to how she's self supporting....

I also do not agree she is looking for a meal ticket. In fact, her remarks in the kitchen indicate that she HAS dated wealthy men and that merely having money and status are not enough for her. Additionally, she owns her own home and appears to be self supporting. Her remarks about 'not settling' actually sound more like she can stand on her own two feet, and will only give up her independence for the right man.
    ...or, those wealthy men were on to her, got what they wanted (which i am sure was easily given up) and moved on...

if there are ssssssssssoooooooooooo many "wealthy men" falling at her feet, why is she on the show and not guaranteeing a life of nannies and trainers where she does not have to compete with 24 other women?

just a thought. i personally do not like trish, but find her very entertaining. this would be a very boring season without her!

Quote Originally Posted by SixDegrees
    What I think is off-putting about Trish is that her behaviour is the exact opposite of how we expect women to behave. She's proud of her accomplishments, confident, brash, and outgoing. Women are expected to downplay themselves, to appear 'less than' they really are, and Trish isn't like that. Even other women are intimidated and resentful when they see a woman who is not conforming to socially expected behaviour. She also genuinely doesn't care if the other women like her; this is not how women are supposed to be, we are supposed to want/need others to like and approve of us. So she doesn't like kids....so what. How many women _secretly_ agree that it would be great to have a full time nanny to watch the kids for you. Because [I used to be a nanny, so I know from whence I speak] child care can be boring and frustrating. Trish is just admitting what we all know to be true.
    I think Six Degrees has it right. I can't say I'd want Trish as a friend, nor can I say that I would trust her (I don't know her well enough to know), but her confidence and honesty is refreshing, and something that would be valued in a man. The reaction to Trish sleeping around was much more disrespectful than to Jesse sleeping around. I think ABC set her up as a villain, and posters are buying into it, despite their general distrust of ABC for manipulating character.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    So how come she can't say the "exact" same things in front of Jesse? I wonder what he would say to all of her profound statements?
    I think we all say things differently when spending time with different types of people. This case provides an extreme contrast--people Trish is competing with vs. someone she is trying to woo. Why be surprised at differences in interaction? Everyone was waiting for her to lie about not wanting kids, but she didn't. Instead, Jesse was the one who came off very differently with Trish as compared with how he talked with the other women about wanting kids.

I also think she knows she is intimidating to other women--maybe not even consciously. She has probably gained an advantage over other women in the past just by acting confident about what she wants and uncaring about their opinions of her.

by the way everyone- it's very easy to find a home in Pompano Beach FL for under 100K- w/ a little sleuthing you can find out how much someone paid for a home... and it's not that big of a deal... but maybe that's just my jaded-to-NYC-real-estate-prices-attitude coming out.

i actually have a friend juuuuuust like trish. and though i think she's full of sh** for the most part, i still love her and am completely entertained by her. but the stuff coming out of trish's mouth is verbatim what i hear my friend saying... and she just doesn't change her tune too terribly much in front of the many men she's been with. like trish, she just puts it out there for them to deal with. if they like her, great. if they don't, she moves on to the next.

i think trish is a bitch, yes. she's not a girl's girl and she's very in your face, yes. i don't care. it's not that i like her - my bitchy friend quota has been filled, thankyouverymuch - but i can't say i wouldn't like her in real life or that she's a skank b/c i don't say that about my friend. the only difference is my friend isn't announcing herself like trish on national tv.

I don't mind that Trish is proud of her achievements, although I'm not sure exactly what they are, or that she says she doesn't want children, I do take issue with the fact she seems to behave differently around the women than she does around Jesse.

If you're proud of who you are, be who you are.
    I hate women who put an act on for men, but hey, if Jesse falls for it when his best friend is telling him different that's his funeral.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread