+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse on the cover of TV Guide

Jesse on the cover of TV Guide

Jesse is on the cover of next week's TV Guide along with Suzie and Trish. I'll post the full article ASAP.

From TVGuide.com:

This is not the kind of guy who has trouble getting a date. If anything, ABC's new Bachelor, New York Giants second-string quarterback Jesse Palmer, suffers an embarrassment of riches. He's fit, handsome and has a glamorous, high-income job that pays for a swank waterfront loft in Hoboken, N.J. So the question is: Why is he looking for love on TV?

"When this opportunity came up," says the 25-year-old Toronto native, "I thought it was great because the women didn't know who I was or what I did for a living, which put us all on an even playing field. In the past, it became obvious that [some women] were more interested in saying to people, 'Hey, I'm dating a professional athlete'."

This time out, perhaps to distract us from the show's dismal love stats (not one of the four previous Bachelor relationships has lasted), the producers decided to put someone with a little more cachet in as a starter. "I thought we might get some minor-league baseball player," says creator and executive producer Mike Fleiss, who put the word out to sports agents that he was looking for "a young buck." When Palmer's name came up, Fleiss told his staff, "'Five-percent chance that this is going to work out.' I thought the league or the New York Giants or somebody at some point would scare this guy off
    Attached Images Attached Images

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    You rock KymberlyAnn Thanks for posting this. I admit, I had to laugh out loud when I read "young buck"....didn't they have enough of deer mating season with Blob? :rudolph

Side note: Why would they put Trish and Suzie on the cover I wonder?????
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I wonder if it means anything that Suzie and Trish are the two on the cover or if they were just randomly picked! Mmmmmmmmm!

FORT Newbie
    can you post the entire story? please

Quote Originally Posted by lildago
    I wonder if it means anything that Suzie and Trish are the two on the cover or if they were just randomly picked! Mmmmmmmmm!
    That's what I was wondering. I think there has to be something to it... not necessarily meaning they will be the final 2 girls standing.

Maybe this is why ABC picked Jesse to be the Bachelor --

Alex Rodriguez is enjoying a terrific week. He officially became a New York Yankee and he is defending his title as ESPN.com’s “Hottest Male Athlete.”

The other four finalists are New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, soccer’s David Beckham, tennis ace Andy Roddick and freestyle skier/hopeful college football player/ Hilfiger model Jeremy Bloom.

Competitive Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter can’t be happy about being among the 20 nominated also-rans, with Carmelo Anthony, James Blake, Landon Donovan, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Brett Favre, Tony Gonzalez, Allen Iverson, Mike Modano, Mark Mulder, Jesse Palmer, Mark Prior, Marat Safin, Joe Sakic, Jason Taylor, Jose Theodore, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Michael Vick, Jonny Wilkinson and Barry Zito.

Soccer’s Heather Mitts earlier outpolled defending champion (and softball pitcher) Jennie Finch for “Hottest Female Athlete."

Isn't Heather Mitts a teammate of Mandy Clemens' from the Philadelphia Charge? Small world.

FORT Fan
    I think its strange that they would only put 2 woman on the cover with him and its a shame if they just gave us the final 2, I want a little suspense, dang!

He's on the cover of my TV Guide too, and I'll have that scanned after my finals. I'd do it now but I'm so time constrained!

He looks good there thou

Here is a bigger version of the cover:

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    I think its strange that they would only put 2 woman on the cover with him and its a shame if they just gave us the final 2, I want a little suspense, dang!
    I doubt they'd be so obvious. Too bad, I really like Suzie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast