+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I would love to see

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    How about an out take episode or DVD after every season? ( I believe there is a petition in the works for this) At the time, I think it provides a lot of entertainment value to twist words around. But it would be nice at the end to see how things really played out! After seeing footage like this, we may all wish we had rooted for someone else.

Over in the Jessica H thread there was some discussion about having more realistic Bachelors/Bachelorettes. Like how about having someone who is divorced with a couple of kids and 25 men or women competing to be the step-daddy/mommy! That would be more realistic tv!
    Last edited by realtvrocks; 04-19-2004 at 02:12 AM.

Reality is an addiction LilliesandRoses's Avatar
    I'm with the live rose ceremonies. So many reality shows are going live now (AI -as always, Big Brother has live evictions, isn't survivor's finale live too?)... Anyway... this way, they could prevent the whole drama around "Did he reveal to his best friend's counsin's brother's fiance that he chose ________________" (and, btw, off the subject, I also agree with whomever said that he evidently has SOMETHING for Jenny S... would like to see them hook up for extra drama... but realize its immoral and the biggest improbability EVER!) Now, where was I... Oh yes... they should do this sh1t LIVE!!!!!! I bet we'd see a lot of stuff we generally miss, such as crying, arguing, dirty looks, etc... that they edit out all too often.
    "Forget the horse... ride the Cowboy!"

Quote Originally Posted by realtvrocks
    How about an out take episode or DVD after every season? ( I believe there is a petition in the works for this) At the time, I think it provides a lot of entertainment value to twist words around. But it would be nice at the end to see how things really played out! After seeing footage like this, we may all wish we had rooted for someone else.

Over in the Jessica H thread there was some discussion about having more realistic Bachelors/Bachelorettes. Like how about having someone who is divorced with a couple of kids and 25 men or women competing to be the step-daddy/mommy! That would be more realistic tv!
    I sincerely doubt any of the men would be mature enough to handle such a reality like that.

Tomorrow morning.... realtvrocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I sincerely doubt any of the men would be mature enough to handle such a reality like that.
    That would likely be unrealistic, but having a bachelorette with kids would probably identify with a large viewing audience. And it sure would be entertaining to see the looks on the men's faces!

Hear, hear to both of these suggestions!

Emma888, FANTASTIC avatar, my friend!

I agree about the early morning thing. I would love to see their panic-stricken faces.

That would likely be unrealistic, but having a bachelorette with kids would probably identify with a large viewing audience. And it sure would be entertaining to see the looks on the men's faces!
    A Bacherlorette with Kids... hmmm. Let's see if I can imagine the first Rose Ceremony:

Will you accept this rose?
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Hmmm, that would make for a pretty short season.

Reality is an addiction LilliesandRoses's Avatar
    I think that there are TONS of guys out there the LOVE kids... and if you get guys in the higher end of 20-30, or even 40, with a 30'ish y.o. b'ette, I don't see there being any problem in this... the relationship would be more apt to work out b/c of their maturity, and you'd attract a bigger audience b/c there is more involved with the "relationship"...
    "Forget the horse... ride the Cowboy!"

I would like to see either a Bachelor or Bachelorette series where everyone is OVER 30! Some of these girls who are 22 or even guys who are 25 are nowhere near ready to settle down... and isn't that the premise of the show? I'm not saying at all that at a certain magical age someone becomes ready to settle down! It just seems to me that people over 30 are generally more mature & serious about forming lasting relationships.

Crystal Allen

Bachelorette with kids.

I do not see this working. In order to have a successful blended family, you need time, and lots of it, first for the relationship to develop between the adults, and then for the non-parent to integrate into the family. This would not work in the Reality TV setting.

Secondly, it would be totally apalling for a single parent to drag his/her kids into this sort of thing. "Come on, we're going on TV to find you a new daddy/mommy."

Thirdly, IMHO, it would be boring as hell. TV is entertainment and escapism. The target audience for these shows must be women 18-49 [my best guess] who are drawn in by the romantic fairy tale aspect of it all. Does the majority of that group want to watch 'family dates' to amusement parks and Chuck E. Cheese or do they want to watch people in bikinis making out in hot tubs, fantasy suite dates, and women gossiping?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast