+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Jesse really make a "mistake" at the rose ceremony?

Proud Reality TV Fan

Jesse's "screw up" Cynical Theory

Something occured to me

Anyone think it is possible that Jesse's screw up with the final rose was planned? Since his mole was getting a rose for sure and she isn't a "real" contestant, the screw up adds drama and allows them to keep the 15 bachelorettes and gets the sympathy/underdog support for one of the girls. Doesn't seem too far fetched since we know the lengths the producers/editors will go to for drama.
    I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and all the less important ones just never go away. And the real pains in the ass are permanent!

FORT Newbie
    My Thoughts exactly. Remember they operate under post "21" quiz show rules. If they tell them 15 contestants get roses, and they do not know a "spy" is there then it would violate the rules to have 14 + the spy.

I'm sick of butt cracks.. TeelaGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Momster
    Something occured to me

Anyone think it is possible that Jesse's screw up with the final rose was planned? Since his mole was getting a rose for sure and she isn't a "real" contestant, the screw up adds drama and allows them to keep the 15 bachelorettes and gets the sympathy/underdog support for one of the girls. Doesn't seem too far fetched since we know the lengths the producers/editors will go to for drama.
    This is exactly what I told my hubby last night!!
    It was ALL an act. Ratings schmatings... :phhht

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Interesting theory! We all know that producers would never lie to us though

FORT Fan
    hmmm...I think you're on to something there, Cookie Momster...it felt a little off when I was watching it, but I couldn't quite put my finger on the reason...perhaps because it was staged, as you suggest.

What a coincidence that he "forgot" the last girl's name. yea, right. lol I never bought it. The producers destroyed the Meredith Ian love story, so I won't believe any of the garbage they try to peddle this time around. This is not to say that I particularly feel that there will be any love story this time around.

u wish u could b me

No strange face gesture!

I agree it did seem kinda staged. Infact Jesse seemed kinda calm when katie walked up there. Wouldn't as a spur of the moment type thing he would say "No, No- Not you. I meant to call karen" Instead katie walked up to him,gave her the rose and still asked if she would accept the rose and calmly called the host,to say he made a mistake. He made no strange face gesture. Something seems fishy!

With Cookie's theory, it does make sense...
    By any chance did anyone notice Chris's face/expression when Jesse was "agonizing" over what to do? At first, Chris had this wierd smirk and I say 'weird' because I couldn't figure out if Chris wanted to laugh or what. Maybe it was just me...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by anya123
    I agree it did seem kinda staged. Infact Jesse seemed kinda calm when katie walked up there. Wouldn't as a spur of the moment type thing he would say "No, No- Not you. I meant to call karen" Instead katie walked up to him,gave her the rose and still asked if she would accept the rose and calmly called the host,to say he made a mistake. He made no strange face gesture. Something seems fishy!
    Actually I played this back several times when I first saw it, and actually, he does have a very subtle "What the heck?" look when he saw Katie walking up to him. His eyes bulged a little, but he did a good job of recovery. I don't think he would have normally said "No, not you I meant Karen" because Katie was so happy to be called that she went bouncing up there with a huge smile on her face. It would be hard to tell someone right then and there that you really meant someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by tort
    My Thoughts exactly. Remember they operate under post "21" quiz show rules. If they tell them 15 contestants get roses, and they do not know a "spy" is there then it would violate the rules to have 14 + the spy.
    21 was a contest for money. What they did in that show (back in the 50s) was a fraud against the contestant without the answers. There's no such risk for a reality show that isn't money based, like the Bachelor. The FCC isn't going to issue an administrative complaint to ABC because one of the contestants receiving the rose wasn't really a bachelorette. What would be the basis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast