+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Did Jesse really make a "mistake" at the rose ceremony?

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    I don't think it was planned. It looks like the mole stays through this week's RC (she's on the construction date), so having to have a certain number of "real" candidates maybe isn't required. It would be interesting to see the contract they sign and if the part about how the show works (25-15-10-6-4-3-2-1) is spelled out. I don't think they can be that specific - look at Meredith w/ the 7th Rose. They have to be open for these surprises.

I think it was planned. There has to be a list somewhere of all the girls he is going to pick ! I think it would have been easy to script it since it was the last rose and they can edit however they want. I don't think it was fair to Katie though . just another way to make it the most dramatic rose ceremony ever!

FORT Newbie
    The easiest thing if he honestly did get the names mixed up would have been to come up with an extra rose like they did for meredith and save poor katie her dignity...i would have stayed too and lived in the lap of luxury for as long as possible on someone elses dime! Go Katie!

Maz
    I hadn't heard about the bachelor/ettes giving the producers a list of their picks before the RC but Andrew Firestone - Bachelor #3 for those of you counting...haha - he commented on how they film the first RC. He said because it was almost impossible to memorize the 15 names, they actually tape it in 3 sessions - after the first 5 roses are given out, they take a break so the next 5 can names can be memorized. Those roses are given out, then the final break for the remaining names to be imprinted in the poor guy's memory.

With that being said, Jesse cooooould have made an honest mistake but I think it's more likely that it was planned just to keep the regular number of 15 "real" girls plus the mole. Oh, those (not so) sneaky ABC-tv guys......

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Chris was waaaay tooo calm and cool for this to have been an actual mistake.
    Chris is a pro, and the show isn't live. If he was stumbling around, looking around trying to figure out what the producers and director wanted that all gets chopped out in editing. On rewatching I think the bit where Jesse turns to Chris and says "Chris, I need to talk to you right away" was totally staged, but staged after the fact not planned before hand.

If it had been a real mistake Chris wouldn't have kept asking Jesse what he wanted to do. He would have gotten producers involved immediately.
    The point is the producers did get involved right away, they just didn't show it. Chris is their public face. They make the descision, Chris goes on camera and tells Jesse. You keep acting like the rose ceremony is live, you can't read anything into the timing of two events that have a cut between them. They didn't have a camera on Katie when Jesse called her name (alright if they were really good they could have planned it) but Katie's reaction was very real to me. They either didn't plan this or there are some very talended actors involved.

All that said, of course the producers played it up as much as they could. They aren't going to let a golden oportunity for some extra drama slip through their fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMom
    The easiest thing if he honestly did get the names mixed up would have been to come up with an extra rose like they did for meredith and save poor katie her dignity...
    Easiest, sure. But hardly the most dramatic, the producers are going to go for the most dramatic twist they can get. Check Jesse's face while he's discussing the options with Chris and tell it me it doesn't look like he's pissed with the producers for forcing this, Chris is definitely trying not to crack up.

The easiest thing (i.e. nicest thing to do for Katie) would be to explain the situation to Katie off camera then redo the final rose, simple and Katie doesn't get embarrassed on national TV. Of course embarrassing her on national TV is good for the ratings -- I mean who isn't going to tune in next week to see how Katie handles the situation.

FORT Newbie

Did Jesse really make a Mistake at the Rose Ceremony

[B]I don't believe the ABC producers would have put this in if it was a mistake. They would have had the ability to "Edit it out" - so I believe it was a planned move to create suspense in keeping with the Mole process. Katie did not look too flustered as would normally be expected. Pat

FORT Newbie

Jesse's screw up

I don't believe it was a mistake. The ABC producers had the ability to edit it out if it was. I think it was planned to create suspense in connection with the Mole theory. Katie did not look very flustered as would have been an expected reaction. Pat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234