+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Jesse really make a "mistake" at the rose ceremony?

I think it is very easy to forget somebody's name. Expecially when there is 25 girls. After meeting them for 2 hours maybe, I would only remember 10.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    He was looking straight at Karen when he called Katie's name. I think it was an honest mistake.

When Katie starts coming up, Jesse's head moves to his left, toward Katie. For a second, you see his smile turn down just a tiny bit. There's a slight flinch, but he covered it well.

This shot is the middle of the flinch. Hard to really illustrate this without posting a movie.

I'm just ticked off at ABC for promoing this mistake incessantly throughout the show. Think how much more entertaining it would have been had it come as a complete surprise. Instead, we were wondering throughout the ceremony which girl was victimized.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by babs1003
    With Cookie's theory, it does make sense...
    By any chance did anyone notice Chris's face/expression when Jesse was "agonizing" over what to do? At first, Chris had this wierd smirk and I say 'weird' because I couldn't figure out if Chris wanted to laugh or what. Maybe it was just me...

I so thought Chris was going to burst out laughing too!

FORT Regular
    I even thought that Katie, the girl who received the wrong rose, is the mole.

FORT Newbie

Previous roses have had little name tags on them...

I've never taped the show, so I can't say I've freeze-framed and noticed this for SURE, but it always looked to me as though previous bachelor/ettes had tiny little name tags on each rose to help them remember. I noticed this particularly in Meredith's case. So the whole "I forgot her name!" thing seems like a big stunt.

FORT Fanatic
    I think the Karen/Katie screwup was an honest mistake, if for no other reason than that I dont think Jesse or the show would have deliberately embarrassed a very young girl (Karen's what? 22?) in that way. And they could have handled the accident in a classier manner. They could have simply said, Jesse made a mistake without specifying which girl mistakenly got the rose. OR they could have said, he just HAS to have one more choice....
    I'm a long time lurker and a first time poster. LOVE the recaps; I'm not sure I'd watch the show except for the pleasure of coming here afterwards to read the funny funny people on this board. After all, I FINALLY caught onto the joke-it's not about finding True Love, it's just a tv show. Jesse and his final choice will be together about 32 seconds after the last show airs. So....I plan to sit back and enjoy the cat fights and tears and sneers.....

I'm not sure what to think about the whole thing any more...
    I mean - it's not like this is a LIVE show - everything is SO editted all the time. Don't tell me that this little mix-up couldn't have been done over while they were taping. So obviously the producers wanted to keep it as part of the show...

FORT Newbie
    I think they did it so they can make it "the most dramatic final rose ceremony" at the end if he choses the "one who almost got away." But I suppose that could be the synic in me.

FORT Newbie
    cynic (sorry, it was a Friday night last night)

Quote Originally Posted by onewally
    I think the Karen/Katie screwup was an honest mistake, if for no other reason than that I dont think Jesse or the show would have deliberately embarrassed a very young girl (Karen's what? 22?) in that way. And they could have handled the accident in a classier manner. They could have simply said, Jesse made a mistake without specifying which girl mistakenly got the rose. OR they could have said, he just HAS to have one more choice....
    I'm a long time lurker and a first time poster. LOVE the recaps; I'm not sure I'd watch the show except for the pleasure of coming here afterwards to read the funny funny people on this board. After all, I FINALLY caught onto the joke-it's not about finding True Love, it's just a tv show. Jesse and his final choice will be together about 32 seconds after the last show airs. So....I plan to sit back and enjoy the cat fights and tears and sneers.....
    The "conspiracy theory" is a good one, and I've thought about that myself. I admit that it's a little strange that he happened to make the mistake on the last rose, but there are so many other ways to do this. Why would he agree to make himself look like an idiot, embarrass Katie, and make all of the other women think he's a jerk for doing that...and that Karen is so important to him that he's willing to look like a jerk and an idiot to all of them and on national TV in order to keep Karen around? Why not just plead his case to Chris for another rose due to having the mole on the show, so he still has his 15 women to choose from? Jesse has to be concerned about his image, and that incident doesn't help his image in any way. I think he would've avoided it if he could have.

They gave someone else an extra rose...Aaron, Bob, Meredith? (They're all blurring together in my mind.) Maybe it was staged for drama, but I think it would've been more dramatic if Jesse had just pulled Chris aside and gone on about how there are 15 women that he can really see himself with, he wants to get married and is taking this seriously and doesn't want to let his future wife walk out of his life forever, yada yada yada, instead of saying "Oh man, I forgot her name!" He could have come away looking smart and romantic instead of looking like an idiot and a jerk - it is just hard for me to believe he would choose the latter if he indeed had a choice and this wasn't just a mistake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast