+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eonline Bachelor Article

Otter,

Awesome avatar. I can't wait to see next week's.

Thanks Mariner!

Ummm my guess of who shagged 4 girls on his show... Aaron. He is by far the most smoothest of the men so far.

I don't see Bob being able to do it without getting it caught on camera.

And I am not surprise by any of what was posted by Kristen at E!... its so painfully obvious that none of the men, with the exception of Andrew, made no serious effort, to even pretend, that they were still interested in the girl they choosed. Those boys were already over at Hugh Hefner's looking for Pamela Anderson wanna-be before the final episode aired...

I feel pretty badly reading this. When the new bachelor was announced, I thought this very thing--a hot 26 year old looking for media attention and not looking for a wife. then I saw the second half of the first show and I really liked some of the things Jessie said about the women. Seemed to actually care about what they had to say, etc. Also, because he's Canadian, I had hope. I went to school up there, and my experience is that Canadians are more down-to-earth, less power/money/attention hungry. I feel terrible reading that he's just another horny guy.

I've posted before that biology really works for women at the center of shows like this but really works against a real romance when a man is in the middle. Men's genes tell them to spread their seed. Women's genes tell them to find a partner to help them raise children. It only works when a man is completely invested in the woman before they have sex.

I think it would help A LOT if they picked bachelors who are older and really ready to start a family. A bachelor who is in mid 30s is much more likely to take the show seriously as his opportunity to find a life partner than a man in his mid 20s who could wait 20 years to settle down. I just think it's such a losing situation when they pick these young guys.

That said, I hope that Kristin the gossip is wrong and Jesse surprises us.

I agree - pick "older" bachelors who might take this a little more seriously. I also hope that Jesse is different than the others.

Also, I have some inside info on the Kelly Jo/Meredith switcheroo (she's a friend of a relative; I haven't met her personally though). It's true that KJ was all set to do the Bachelorette and they called her about 7 hrs. before she was supposed to leave and told her they were going with Meredith. I think they told her the producers wanted someone older, which is funny 'cause we're saying the same thing about the guys...

Crystal Allen

Makes Sense to Have Somebody Older

It makes complete sense to have a Bachelor/ette who is at least in his or her late 20's or older. The premise of this particular show is for the 'star' to find true love. This is not Elimidate, Extreme Dating, or Fifth Wheel. Vieweres do not want to see somebody looking to hook up as much as possible. Blob turned out to be such a disappointment because viewers realized that he was not there to find true love, and that is why we watch this show. As such, it makes sense to have somebody who has been around the proverbial block a few times, knows what s/he wants and is focused on looking for a mate.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I feel pretty badly reading this. When the new bachelor was announced, I thought this very thing--a hot 26 year old looking for media attention and not looking for a wife. then I saw the second half of the first show and I really liked some of the things Jessie said about the women. Seemed to actually care about what they had to say, etc. Also, because he's Canadian, I had hope. I went to school up there, and my experience is that Canadians are more down-to-earth, less power/money/attention hungry. I feel terrible reading that he's just another horny guy.

I've posted before that biology really works for women at the center of shows like this but really works against a real romance when a man is in the middle. Men's genes tell them to spread their seed. Women's genes tell them to find a partner to help them raise children. It only works when a man is completely invested in the woman before they have sex.

I think it would help A LOT if they picked bachelors who are older and really ready to start a family. A bachelor who is in mid 30s is much more likely to take the show seriously as his opportunity to find a life partner than a man in his mid 20s who could wait 20 years to settle down. I just think it's such a losing situation when they pick these young guys.

That said, I hope that Kristin the gossip is wrong and Jesse surprises us.
    Very interesting post, Overthetop. I agree that older bachelors are better. But, I think the real heart of the problem is the completely artificial environment. The whole 25-1 ratio is totally unrealistic. It goes straight to the guys' heads. Most men (in real life) are lucky to have one girl they are very interested in, and vice versa.

With the women, they seem to really look for ones who want to settle down and marry; so far they are 2 for 2. With the men, it seems that they are more interested in ratings, which means they are looking for guys with status, money, looks, power, fame, etc. It's kind of a catch 22, because the very qualities that make a man ratings-worthy are the worst qualities for a long term marriage/commitment.

Bottom line: Let. the. women. choose!
    Last edited by jenoy2001; 04-13-2004 at 04:12 PM.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Sports stars tend to marry early and many of them want a lot of kids. I'm not giving up on Jesse yet - why would someone who has no reason even to know Bob and Aaron be in some sort of stupid fratboy competition with them?
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Crystal Allen

Natural for Women to Choose

As somebody else pointed out, the shows [both Bachelorettes, FLOM, Mr. Personality] where women do the choosing frequently seem to produce the lasting relationships. Biologically, it is natural for women to do the choosing.

If you look at the animal kingdom, it's always the males that have some characteristics to attract females [bright plumage, etc.] It's the same with humans.

Men look to spread their seed around, women look for a mate.

Ummm my guess of who shagged 4 girls on his show... Aaron. He is by far the most smoothest of the men so far.
    From what I read/heard - that was Bob and Tina Fab was not one of the four.

From what I recall, Aaron went on record before the show started that he would not have sex with any of the girls and there was no rumor to the contrary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast