+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette who "doesn't want to work"

FORT Newbie

The Bachelorette who "doesn't want to work"

I only caught a bit of this interview, and I can't remember which one it was, but one of the blonde girls during her interview was going on about how Jesse was the type of man that she wanted, becuase she wanted to not have to worry about money, and didn't want to work more than part-time.

Which one of the girls was that?

one that didnt make the cut .. the one that Tiki Barber said looked like one of his team mates

honestly I don't think its such a bad thing for a potential parent to want to stay home and raise their own child, and we all know that once you take too little money out of the equation your fights are less frequent.
    I wonder how the same woman would feel about being left at home alone with a toddler, infant and one on the way while hubby is 'on the road' from mid July to early February?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

It was one of the 21 year olds

I think it was Jessica K. She was one of my pre-show favs. I thought the only thing against her was her age and it showed ....
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

FORT Newbie
    Oh don't get me wrong, please. I have the upmost respect for someone who wants to stay at home and raise their children, and more power to you if you can. It was just the way she said it - as if she was only looking to meet a wealthy man so she'd never have to worry about money. It just seemed odd to me.

FORT Newbie
    I felt the same way. She said he was her type, "handsome, tall and working." I thought she sounded like a gold digger.

EZD
    I think there is a better way to word it! I think she was trying to be funny with the "handsome, tall, and working" comment - apparently her tactfulness is only rivaled by her humor!

FORT Regular
    (Here goes my first post after being a long time lurker...)

This girl may or may not have been a typical gold digger. She was almost certainly impressed with the idea of his wealth, but she was clearly young and I don't know many people who didn't at least briefly get starry eyed with dreams of easy money at that age.

I guess I just don't think wanting a man who is "handsome, tall and working" makes one a gold digger. I think it makes one a realist. I don't know many practical women who are just dying for an unemployed man.

I also really don't blame a woman for not wanting to work more than part-time once she has kids... I've got an MBA and had a good career, but I've shifted to part-time now that we're trying to start a family.

That said, I'm happily married to a man who is handsome, tall, and working... but he was unemployed when we started dating because the startup he'd been working for had gone bankrupt :-)

finally Golden Rose
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    But to have a goal of not working at age 21 is a little strange. Maybe in 1955, but not now.

OK, I'll be honest. I knew as long as I can remember that I wanted to be home while raising my kids. BUT, I had personal goals first - I had an established career and had achieved things I was proud of before staying home (at age 32, not 21).

She may not have been digging for gold, but she certainly didn't show much drive and determination! She definitely needs a few years under her belt before meeting Mr. Right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast