+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bachelorette who "doesn't want to work"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    I know someone who is married to a pro football player (It's the CFL--lol) but still her life is not easy. She had 2 children and with hubby being on the road and living in the city away from all parents, she definitely did not have it easy. The baby was colic-y all the time and she thought she was going to flip out. It is not so easy.
    This poor girl actually thought Oh I will have a wealthy hubby, I will have his kids, and stay home. Sounds nice, but apparently it is really hard. She sounds like a naive little girl who doesn't know how hard marriage is. A marriage without your husband around to help most of the time. But I guess when you are in the getting to know you stage, anything is possible.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I was a little taken back at that comment as well. It appears to me that she's still in that giggly sorority girl stage. While there's nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom, I would imagine that in this day and age, college grads would want to be in the work place for a few years?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by suckedbackin
    Oh don't get me wrong, please. I have the upmost respect for someone who wants to stay at home and raise their children, and more power to you if you can. It was just the way she said it - as if she was only looking to meet a wealthy man so she'd never have to worry about money. It just seemed odd to me.
    Gotta agree with you here. She isn't looking to be a stay at home mom. She wants a rich husband to take care of her. She's thinking more of the material things than the joys and value of staying home to raise the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    I know someone who is married to a pro football player (It's the CFL--lol) but still her life is not easy. She had 2 children and with hubby being on the road and living in the city away from all parents, she definitely did not have it easy. The baby was colic-y all the time and she thought she was going to flip out. It is not so easy.
    This poor girl actually thought Oh I will have a wealthy hubby, I will have his kids, and stay home. Sounds nice, but apparently it is really hard. She sounds like a naive little girl who doesn't know how hard marriage is. A marriage without your husband around to help most of the time. But I guess when you are in the getting to know you stage, anything is possible.
    A family friend married a CFL football player too, but they were lucky because he played in their hometown, so both families were there. He also worked as a firefighter in the off season. Believe it or not, the CFL doesn't pay a helluva lot, so alot of the players have careers outside the CFL. During the season, he was on the road a bit, but not like NHL players are. Usually CFL games are played on the weekends, so they're home during the week, except maybe during playoffs. Guess it depends on if you're playing in your hometown or not.

Now being married to an NFL player might be a little differnt since there's alot more teams and more games during the season.

Cathy

I wasn't too impressed with her either! It's like it didn't matter so much WHO the guy (potential husband) was, as long as he made enough money so she could stay home!

she seemed old fashioned to me....either that....or maybe she was a gold digger lol....but it just seemed like the things she said were typical old fashioned things...i knew someone once who thought the perfect age to get married was 21....personally for me, 31 is more what i'm looking at lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12