+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Would you have stayed?

I would not have stayed, but Katie was really surprised by Jesse's admission and seemed to have only a few seconds to think about it. If the whole objective for every woman there for that entire evening was to get a rose so they could stay, it's logical that she would (and did) reflexively say she'd like to stay.

She may second guess that later, and perhaps we'll see a bit of confessional talk from her about that. After the rc she said that she was looking forward to showing him how great she is. I hope she can do that, but if she's not a first choice, it seems unlikely, in that hot field, that she'll be able to turn his head.

That said, Karen seems awfully weird, eh? When he said that she was really attractive, I thought, "yeah, in a Karen Black playing a crazy killer sort of way."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Tough call. I think I would have stayed. He probably didn't have any alone time with her, and perhaps this is a magical second chance that she's getting.

But then again...I'm one of those people who doesn't care (that much) what other people think of me, so staying in the house wouldn't of been that difficult. I'd make it into a running joke or something, and all the other women would sluff it off. Then, after a date with me..he can decide whether to truly cut me loose or not.
    If he decides to cut me...THAT'S when I'd start a fit and tell him off.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Now she should get up whenever, not shower, be mouthy, do whatever...she could definately relax more now.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I just hope that poor girl is strong enough to get over this soon. Most of these girls are pretty young, and while I think I could handle this now, this kind of public humiliation is devastating when you are young and have yet to develop a thick skin. To draw a parallel, when I was 18 I was accepted into a permission-only creative writing class based on a writing sample. I was thrilled, and told all my friends, since this was the answer to my dreams (I wanted to be a writer). I got there on the first day really happy, the instructor took roll, and didn't call my name. Yes, she remembered my sample, and she most certainly DID NOT accept me into the class. It had been an office mistake. I was absolutely mortified, totally humiliated, and it took me years to get over that rejection. And that only happened in front of a classroom full of college students, not the entire country!

If it had been me, and I'd had a chance to think about it, I'd have told him where he and the producers could stick their rose.
    But I can also see that in the heat of the moment, she might have just blurted out that she'd stay without considering it. After she's processed what happened -- and the fact that, as someone else pointed out, this could have been handled without humiliating her on national TV -- she may find she's really pissed. I'm slow to get mad myself.
    And, I also agree that she may have thought, well, she came this far and she might as well try to change his mind. She's already been embarrassed on tv -- what worse can happen?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I think I would of stayed... I like fate too much. I still think it would be really cool if she ended up the last girl standing. But Malibu... when you put it like that I almost changed my answer.

TACKY, TACKY, TACKY. I thought it was lousy of him to NOT just say he'd like an extra rose for Karen...he didnt have to tell poor Katie that he'd made an error..."oh, by the way would you stay, Katie?" type scenario. Tacky.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    TACKY, TACKY, TACKY. I thought it was lousy of him to NOT just say he'd like an extra rose for Karen...he didnt have to tell poor Katie that he'd made an error..."oh, by the way would you stay, Katie?" type scenario. Tacky.
    I agree... I think that would of been ideal for Jesse, but I don't think the producers would of allowed that. They were probably really excited when he fumbled the name and they weren't going to let him get off that easy.

I would have stayed, why not? What do you have to loose?

No way.

I would have left. How embarassing would that be? The other girls would treat you like you shouldn't be there, being that women are so catty, especially in that situation.

Plus, the whole time you'd be thinking that this guy doesn't even like you. I wouldn't want his pity.

But you know what was so sad about that was how excited she was when he said her name. She ran up there and was like, 'Yes, yes, yes!' Oh, man. I feel so bad for her! That is humiliating.

+ Reply to Thread