+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why I Don't Like the Idea of a Mole

Crystal Allen

Why I Don't Like the Idea of a Mole

My initial reaction to this was that it was great, that Jesse could get a good friend's read on the girls and it could also weed out potential gold diggers/liars/assorted skanks.

But upon reflection, I don't really like it.

Group and gender dynamics being what they are, women [and men] behave differently when they are in a large group made up of their own gender. Would any man want to be judged on how he talks in a locker room or during an all male poker night or at a Bachelor party. No way. Look at how Jesse's Giants teamates were talking about the girls, just from looking at the pictures.

Women naturally bond with one another by speaking of personal matters. If, as the screencaps suggest, anyone is talking about how many men she's been with or what mistakes she has made during her search for Mr. Right, I am not sure that Jesse has the right to know that prior to her deciding to tell him. We've ALL made mistakes, many of us have pasts that we may reveal to a potential mate once we get to know him. A man that knows a woman and cares about her might well forgive past transgressions, whereas somebody that is forced [by the show's format] to make knee jerk decisions and snap judgements may have to use those mistakes to reject her.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I think the Mole is the best idea yet. Shake it up some. Some girls are masters at being two-faced, so yeah, I think he deserves to know this so that someone genuine doesn't get the boot instead of Ms. Backstabber.

Furthermore, if I had a past I regretted I certainly wouldn't blurt it out in front of
    1. a bunch of girls I hardly know
    2. a bunch of girls I'm competing with
    3. national TV

The fact that Trish mentions that she has slept with 35 guys, and married men, tells me that she is proud of the fact, not regretting it. So why shouldn't Jesse know about the skank?

As far as how guys talk in the locker room...all guys have fun and rib each other and talk about girls, but a real gentleman does not kiss and tell ALL the details. If a guy I was dating was telling all his buddies about all of our intimate details, hell yes I'd want to know. Then I'd kick his butt out the door.

And regarding his teammates last night, I didn't see anything wrong with the way they were talking. All in good fun. There's a difference when it's personal and when it's just a photo in a book. Who doesn't do that? We all do it everyday around here.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Crystal Allen

Of course Trish should not have told...

and had that been me having 'lost count' at 35, I would have just said "a lady never tells."

However, it's possible that Jenny Mole is trying to incite these discussions and stir things up in the house by encouraging the others to reveal these things.

I have nothing against locker room talk, it's just that it should be kept in the locker room--just as the hen parties are meant to be kept within the henhouse and not shared with Jesse which is what happens with a mole.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I respectfully disagree.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    Jenny Mole .

Hmmmm, I don't know who the mole is, but if you do, that might be a spoiler... you may want to edit your post. just a suggestion.
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    Hmmmm, I don't know who the mole is, but if you do, that might be a spoiler... you may want to edit your post. just a suggestion.
    The mole has already been outed by John on the Jesse's girls thread.
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

I agree w/ chompstick...
    All of these women signed at least one release form that everything that was said could be on TV- the cameras aren't hidden in this show- the girls are just stupid if they are running their mouth about their pasts, etc. and thinking that any juicy scandalous bits will end up on the editing floor and not on the show.

If you look on the website to apply to be on the show it has a whole legal release that people you know, family, friends, teachers etc could be contacted about your past etc., you have to turn over health records, get drug-tested etc.
    Basically you have to be open to everything in your life being on TV.
    THis is not the first Bachelor- all of these women knew what they were getting into.

I agree with Six Degrees, for a related reason. Having a mole removes nearly all of the responsibility for Jesse to have to judge the personalities of these women for himself and make his own decisions. The show would be more interesting (and more fair to the women) if they were told a mole was on the show, but were not told which woman was the mole. Then they could be wary of forming alliances, figuring out who to trust, etc. and wouldn't feel that their private conversations were violated.

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Idol
    The mole has already been outed by John on the Jesse's girls thread.
    Not all of our fellow posters read the spoiler threads, they choose to avoid them purposely.

not directed at II - It's bad manners to mention spoilers in regular threads, some of us do suck up every morsel of information that is available to us but there are others who choose to remain blissfully unaware and like to see the series play out as the producers/editors planned.
    It's not our job to be 'town crier'
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

In terms of the mole being FAIR:
    Life isn't fair and this is supposed to be reality TV, so why should it be fair?
    Also I think it is kinda is fair- think about when you have met someone you are interested in, don't you ask around w/i your circle of friends, for anyone who might know him or her and to get whatever info you can? People google people to get info on them etc.
    All of these women knew who Jesse was before they met him, he didn't know who they were... I think the mole is great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast