+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why I Don't Like the Idea of a Mole

Crystal Allen

The Mole is Revealed to Viewers....

not to the girls.

ABC may have underestimated the FORT community's ability to scout out the mole. Or maybe not. It was pretty easy. Does anyone know at what point the girls find out? It would have to be fairly soon, as the mole would have to be kept around, but Jesse is able to keep fewer and fewer girls as the show progresses.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well it was easy , and it wasn't . Lets just say they must have hired the old CBS webmasters that were fired for being so sloppy on Survivor .

I think they do find out there is a mole , but don't know who it is. A quick check of alma maters would bring it out , but they may not be that bright.

Crystal Allen

The girls would have no opportunity to check out the mole.

Once they find out, they are already in the house with the taping of the show underway. They don't know going in that there's going to be a mole, just the viewers do.

I like the mole idea, overall, but only in this scenario (reality TV). I agree that with the accellerated schedule, it's probably not possible to uncover some of those details quickly enough.

And regarding whether Trish's (or any prospective mate's) number of previous "encounters" is relevant... All I can say is I'd sure want to know how many prospective STDs I might be exposing myself to.

Crystal Allen

The girls are all tested for STD's

Remember the little montage prior to Andrew Firestone's series? They show all the girls going through medical tests and at one point one of the producers [i think] refers to the show as something like the safest blind date possible. I saw somewhere that a number of applicants are rejected for having herpes. At any rate, it's very possible, if not certain, that girls are asked about past romantic history when they apply. ABC probably does NOT want too many ex boyfriends [who would not have to follow any confidentiality agreements] coming out and giving interviews to Star or In Touch magazines. Additionally, the network reasonabley WANTS the relationships to work out, the more of them that fail, the more cynical viewers and media critics get about the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean
    I just want to say that most of you here are way too judgmental. In live in the NYC area and i bet it you took a poll here you'd find that the majority of guys here (I am a male, btw) have had 35 or more sexual partners by the age of 28. Hell, I've probably had 10 times that amount and I'm still under 40!

Also, I have willingly (and foolishly) been involved with a married man before. The fact that he was really gay and had no business being married to a woman makes no difference. It was the wrong thing to do and I will always regret it. However, just like Trish, I believe I should have a fair chance at future happiness. Aren't we allowed to learn from our mistakes?

I actually do share the opinion that Trish is a stank though, because being a promiscuous home-wrecker is nothing to be proud of.
    Yes yes yes to everything you said here. What is so funny though, is that during Trish's first moment alone with him, she smiles and coyly replies "Because I'm mysterious!" to his comment that he wasn't sure what it was about her that intrigued him. Well, She ain't so mysterious anymore.Let's all remember, the whole world knows her history because SHE volunteered the information. No one dug this stuff up on her, it came from the horse's mouth. So I have a hard time feeling sorry for her. I've made some AWFUL mistakes in my past, but I don't go on national television and SUBJECT myself to the masses, who we all know from experience are ruthless.

I like it with a couple of reservations....

I think it's a cool twist. However, I don't think she'll be on past episode three as the girls get whittled down. I think it would be more fun if somehow the mole could stay on longer and she could reveal their true colors to Jesse.

My other hesitation is that this season is the ONLY time they'll ever truly be able to do something like this. After this, all the "contestants" will be on to them. And even if there isn't another mole, the behavior in the house will not be "true" because everyone will be on their best behavior. And that could be boring. LOL.

I do not agree michdo that everyone will be on their best behavior because they find out there is a mole among them. They are not always on their best behavior now and they don't know about the mole. They are on national tv which should make them want to think before they speak or act! :rolleyes
    But I guess it appears to be all about exposure( for their careers)for a number of the girls.
    anyway that's just a thought.

Its just tv and tv that I enjoy watching for some strange reason.

All good pro-mole points. I guess it comes down to what you like to watch on these shows, which reveal different aspects of human interaction and reaction. Personally, I like to see the interactions among the women (men) out of view of the Bachelor(ette), and I like to watch the Bachelor(ette) trying to figure out the personalities on his (her) own. Trying to imagine a mole on previous shows, I can't imagine I would have enjoyed them more if Mer/Andrew/Trista had an inside informant.

A long time ago, before the first Bachelorette, I posted a message anticipating that men would be much more uncivil when competing over a woman, but so far I've been impressed by how much the men seem to bond and avoid overly competitive behavior (with a few exceptions).

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    Jesse was on AM Northwest this AM (KATU) and they asked him about the mole. He said it was the producers idea, and he knew the perfect one who could pull it off. He also said that throughout the WHOLE SHOW we will see how effective & helpful she was.

The hosts of the AM NW also said that after Meredith & Ian's interview yesterday, that Meredith said she was in favor of having a mole - that it would have been very helpful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast