+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why I Don't Like the Idea of a Mole

Quote Originally Posted by rdpch
    I agree that it would be easier for him (as it would be easier for anyone) to have access to the private thoughts and behavior of each woman he's interested in. My point is...why make it so easy for him? He's already the one with all the advantages. Why not force him to be his own judge of character, to use his own intuition, and to create his own ways to extract information from each of the women about their opinions of each other? The mole will only help to make their intentions more obvious, and the show is already as unsubtle as you can get.

I know others will disagree but I can't think of an example where a mole would have really made a positive difference to the outcome (Amanda, Helene, Ryan, Jen, Estella, and Ian all seem like decent choices who were at least there for the right reasons, whereas in some cases the bachelor/ette may not have been).
    You make a good anti-mole point. Part of the fun of watching the show has been thinking "Why can't he see what an evil b!tch/psycho/stalker/axe murderer/etc. that she is?," and the mole will probably remove most of that. I am pro-mole, however, just because I think the show is getting a little stale and needs to be shaken up a bit to keep it interesting.

I'm pro-mole because I think that this is one device developed by Fleiss & Co that puts an interesting spin on how the women are evaluated and not some shell game like the Surprise Rose Ceremony that really stank and served no real purpose. Besides, becoming emotional and crying because the women discovered The Mole, is more understandable as a reason for an emotional breakdown than during Blob's season when merely listing Most Compatible and LeeAnn Compatible caused several women to experience emotional meltdowns.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Regular

my theory on the spy

Jesse is already a celebrity; he has some clout. It would stand to reason
    that having a buddy to give him some of the inside scoop was a pre-condition
    for him agreeing to be on the show. Kenney

I'm def pro- mole. I think the whole thing is hilarious, and Jesse will def not listen to the mole and still do what he wants. We heard the mole telling from construction date what an evil h* Trish si and how she's been with a married man, but it's obvious he keeps her around longer than next week.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I am definately pro-mole. Jesse sees these women for a short period of time each week before having to make a decision. On a group date he can see a little of how they interact with others but anyone can fake it or put on a smile for that length of time.

However, keeping up the act 24/7 is impossible. Hopefully the mole will be able to tell him who is acting the same when she is with the rest of the women as she is with him.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otter
    I am pro mole as well. This isn't the norm in the dating realm and in real life a guy would eventually hear things about his potential girl if she had a "reputation" and things like that. Since these girls are from all over he doesn't have that luxury. I love it!
    I'm with you. Under normal conditions, you have a prospective mate meet your friends, family, etc. If they don't get along well together - then you have a problem. However, you're going to let them meet folks more than once or twice! Jesse doesn't have that luxury here. Everything is excellerated. Even if he DOES let someone meet his family or friends, etc. - well ANYONE can put on an act for a one time meeting. The mole is there to let him know the REAL stuff going on below the surface.

And Trish and her 35+ partners? I'm a female and I'm appalled that she would actually admit something like that where it could be taped for national TV. Mole or not, she'd have to realize that type of news (plus the married guy) would be repeated, possible to Jesse. Correct me if I'm wrong - but from a guy's point - isn't something like that a turn-off? I'm not talking about a hot chick you want to boink, but someone you'd really like to get to know, etc. I mean, if she just wanted to encourage someone to make a heavy pass at her - then go right ahead and say that you've done already done the rest of Jesse's teammates. But, if you want to have a serious relationship - some things are better left unsaid.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=mrsean]I just want to say that most of you here are way too judgmental. In live in the NYC area and i bet it you took a poll here you'd find that the majority of guys here (I am a male, btw) have had 35 or more sexual partners by the age of 28. Hell, I've probably had 10 times that amount and I'm still under 40!QUOTE]

Sigh - dude, there is STILL a double standard alive & well in the USA. (I don't agree with it, but I don't ignore it either). A guy can say stuff like that and people will roll their eyes and shake their heads (another guy might even high-five you). A WOMAN says that and it's different. She's automatically branded as promiscuous and a skank.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Sorry but I think how many guys Trish has slept with is a total non-issue.
    She's 28.. if she became sexually active at 18 (which is relatively late by today's standards) she would have had 3.5 partners per year. really what's the big deal?
    While I agree it should be a non-issue, she didn't have to say a number.
    I think 35 partners is a big red light for either sex unless maybe you're a rock star or something. yuck :phhht

FORT Regular

objectionable word

Personally, I automatically register a low opinion of anyone who refers to a woman as a "skank." I just hate the sound of that word and believe it reflects badly on anyone who uses it. I also have major reservations about Jesse and his spy, and think that all "rejects" on this program got a blessing in disguise. Kenney

Quote Originally Posted by rdpch
    The show would be more interesting (and more fair to the women) if they were told a mole was on the show, but were not told which woman was the mole. Then they could be wary of forming alliances, figuring out who to trust, etc. and wouldn't feel that their private conversations were violated.
    Are you sure that isn't what's going to happen? I've seen lots of posts where they say the mole is revealed. All I've seen in previews is everyone watching something (a videotape is my guess, not a woman) with a disguised voice, like we did last week. I'm not convinced they'll know who it is the same night they find out there is a mole.

P.S. Pro-Mole. Shakes things up a bit; makes for more unpredictable situations in the coming weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast