+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse's old fling

If I were in Italy Italian Idol's Avatar

Jesse's old fling

http://www.canoe.ca/Television/apr7_bachelor-sun.html

The news Jesse Palmer is the newest The Bachelor came as a "complete shock" to his Ottawa-based former flame Lynsey Bennett.

In an interview published in Star magazine called "How to Win Bachelor Jesse's Heart," the former Miss Canada confides Palmer is a good kisser and won't have any trouble with the show's infamous hot tub scenes. She says their relationship started in June and ended in December when Palmer said he couldn't give it 100%. Then, just weeks later, came news he had signed on for The Bachelor.

"He hadn't given me any hint that it was in the works. I left a message for him, and he called back to say, 'I probably should have warned you,' " Bennett says in the article. "I always thought our relationship might re-spark at a later date -- but I haven't heard from him since that phone call."

Bennett said there was a spark from the moment they met last summer. They exchanged phone numbers and met that night, later visiting and keeping in touch by phone and e-mail.

"But by the end of the year, when football season was well under way, it was obvious that we each had too many commitments to have our relationship reach too serious a level," Bennett said
    "I come from humble grounds. I was never spoiled, so I know how to appreciate things given to me"

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Oh lord, another article from her? She's making sure she gets just as much press as Jesse is.

One of two things could be possible:

1) She is a lover scorned, he dumped her and this is her way to try to limit her embarassment and make it seem as if she still had some relevance in his life
    2) She is still with him covertly and this is her way of keeping her name out there as a reminder she is in the picture (they did see each other per her account as of Jan 2)

Shady to me. I don't get her interest in putting her story out there.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

The thing that doesn't seem "fair" to me is that if a "normal" person is applying to be on one the Bach shows they stipulate that to be eligible
    "All applicants must be single. To qualify as "single" the applicant must not currently be involved in a committed intimate relationship, which includes: any marital relationship (whether or not the parties are separated or currently in the process of divorcing or annulling such marriage); any co-habitation relationship involving physical intimacy; or a monogamous dating relationship more than two (2) months in duration. "

It seems that miss Ottawa and Jesse were together for more that 2 months... but maybe since it was long distance it wasn't monogamous (heh! that's a laugh a pro athlete being monogamous!) or maybe ABC decided to bend the rules a little bit to get a very attractive pro-athlete on board as the bachelor in order to spice up the series and hopefully attract some male viewers?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    ABC approached Jesse to do the show , Not the other way around. They contacted him through his agent. The question is when?
    It's possible I suppose , he took one look at the offer and said hell yes I'm single and gave Ms Pagent the " it's really not you , it's me , I have to go find myself speech"

FORT Regular
    This gal sounds a little odd, maybe to him he wasn't in a relationship. Who knows!

I mean, he is a NFL football player, this probably happens often that the girl thinks it is more serious.
    Last edited by mrsmoore; 04-07-2004 at 07:11 PM. Reason: One addition

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    It's possible I suppose , he took one look at the offer and said hell yes I'm single and gave Ms Pagent the " it's really not you , it's me , I have to go find myself speech"
    Now that's believable!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

FORT Fanatic
    Since none of The Bachelors' picks ever last more than 32 seconds after the final show airs, I'm not sure it matters. But yeah, the relationship with Lynsey Bennett doesnt sound quite.....over. Why would he say " I probably should have warned you" to her otherwise?

It's just a tv show...it's just a tv show....it's just a tv show.....

Hmmm...maybe she's the "stalker"....LOL.

Why is that I have a feeling Lynsey wasn't the only gf of Jesse's at that time, not even the "main squeeze", shall we say?
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

because you are an astute and discerning chick?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast