+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelorette: Interview from Todd Hedrick

The Bachelorette: Interview from Todd Hedrick

Hello Bachelor and Bachelorette fans! First, kudos and many thanks to our lovely member, Chompstick! Thanks to her we were able to score an interview with one of my favorites from The Bachelorette 2! Remember the quick witted, black and red rose shirt wearing cutie, Todd? Well, he has been generous enough to take some time out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions for the FoRT!

Without further delay, here you go!

Sher: Do you believe any of the guys went on the show primarily to advance or initiate their modeling or acting careers, or to promote their business?

Todd: I expected a lot more of that- but no. No one that I spoke with did the show primarily for the purpose of promoting themselves or their business. I think that that was absolutely a factor for some- but not the sole reason for any. I'll put it this way - there were only a couple of "showboats".

S: Were there guys that were vocal about not being interested in Meredith at all? How were you told to handle it if you arrived and really didn't like the Bachelorette?

T: There were a few guys that were vocal about not being into Meredith, but more than one of them changed their tune once they met her in person. We were never told how to behave, and we were told that we could refuse a rose at any time.

S: Were you able to pick up on the chemistry between Meredith and Ian that they both now report was there from very early on?

T: Ian is a very difficult read, but I thought it was obvious that Meredith was interested in Ian early on.

S: Were you surprised when you were cut? You have said that there was just no chemistry between you and Meredith, so were you at all relieved to be let go?

T: No chemistry is probably an exaggeration... there was not a lot of chemistry between Meredith and myself. I liked her and I thought she was cute, but basically- there just wasn't enough spark to make me risk jack-assing myself on national television by getting "the Heisman" or talking about our great "connection" that wasn't happening.

S: In this season of the Bachelorette, there was very little footage of the guys having fun and interacting at the mansion. Are there any particularly memorable events that you can share?

T: I was honestly disappointed about the lack of house coverage. We had such a good time! There must be a truck load of great footage lying in a bin somewhere in LA. It's difficult to describe why certain things were memorable- so this will probably sound stupid.... but... A few great moments:

Ryan M. and I, waxing philosophical tongue in cheek for a full hour, shamelessly pandering to the cameras about the correct method and all relevant analogies for the perfect first kiss (which we both kinda knew wasn't
    really in the cards for us). It was so hard to keep a straight face - we laughed for hours when it was all over...

Damon- so drunk one night the producers had to yell at us to get him off the roof... He went to bed with a bugle that he blew every hour or so until incapacitated.

Coming home from the rodeo date at 1 am or so to a full blown toga party that went on until sunrise... Chad's toga did not fit... Harold's was just wrong. Ryan M's was more wrong... good times! I didn't think that a group of hetero men could have so much fun without women or gambling.

S: If you were asked, would you be the next Bachelor?

T: I would have to consider it- if only to have the unique opportunity to single-handedly demolish ABC's most valuable franchise. Also- I'd be incredibly curious to see the lineup of women they would scare up for me.

S: Who were your favorite and least favorite guys on the show?

T: I wouldn't sell anyone downriver on the show, and i'm certainly not going to do it now. Some of the guys I liked more than others, but I truly had zero animosity toward anyone.

S: Do you keep in touch with anyone?

T: I do speak with many of the guys. We're all (21 of us) going to Vegas in a couple weeks... The guys I seem to be in contact with most are Robert, Ryan M, Lanny, Damon, and Anselm.

[Sidenote: I don't even remember Anselm!]

S: Are there any particular scenes that were cut that you wish had been left in?

T: Oh my god- too many to even think about. I'll give you a couple... when I let a burp slip out on my one on one at the rodeo date - Meredith laughed so hard it was awesome...

The whole tortilla comment thing with Matt and Meredith - the lead up, and the fact that a whole crowd of guys were roaring laughing as I walked away...

Anything with Ryan M. and I goofing around trying to make the camerapeople laugh...

S: What was Rick really like?

T: Rick is great- I actually talk to him a fair bit. I think the slipper thing cheezed people out in the beginning. He seemed to have a whole speech planned out - (which is actually really understandable if you think about the nerves and over all circumstances) but unfortunately, on t.v. that came across as canned and pretty cheezy. But really that's just how he dealt with one awkward situation. Like me, Rick had fun- but in the end he tried to poke holes in the process by trying to show it's flaws, and that really didn't work in his favor.

S: What did you see become the biggest lie as far as editing goes?

T: I don't want to get in trouble.

S: What's going on in your life post-Bachelorette? Are you dating anyone?

T: Define dating. No... Sorry - that's just too strange talking about that stuff in this format. Too personal.

sorry ladies! he's not talking!

S: Were you embarrassed by anything on the show?

T: Besides the simple fact that I was on it... hmmm. OK... I was very embarrassed by a few things that were taken out of context:

1. The "stab in the face comment"- I was making fun of the serious/jealous guys in the house. Taken waaaay out of context.

2. The "I could see myself falling in love with Meredith etc..." comment was followed by 500 qualifiers like "if there were no cameras" and "if she is as great as everyone says she is" and "if she wore my favorite perfume and let me surf all day" etc, etc....

3. The zoo date with Ryan M... I didn't make jokes at his expense all day long... OK - i made 3 or 4 jokes at his expense - but - they strung them all together to make it look like i was just relentlessly ripping on him. Not true at all. That was a fun day- we all had a blast.

S: Does the attention and interest from fans bother you?

T: Not really. I don't get recognized very often and when I do it is usually really positive and generally preceded by "I never watch that crap but..." In LA and San Francisco, people generally are too cool for school to go crazy over third stringer reality show refugees anyway.

S: Did you ever check out the Internet and message boards to see the reaction you were getting?

T: Ha. Oh yeah... I loved looking at the the message boards before the show aired. Back then there was this picture of me on the ABC website that looked like I was in a criminal line-up. That was hilarious. People were so harsh across the board - I just felt like...Wow, OK- tough crowd. Now I understand who watches these shows and why... ouch!

After the show started airing, I checked a couple boards every week or so... until recently. I ran across a string of ill informed comments about me on a board (TWOP) that I used to think was populated by primarily smart funny people. One woman on this board totally misrepresented some comments I made to her email. When I saw all of the negative bandwagon responses to this one woman's back-assward "interpretation," I pretty much felt no desire to really look at that stuff anymore. It was fun for a while to see what people thought about how I was on t.v., but once I became a Todd-pinata constructed by a TWOPer... hell- I don't really need to see that, and I really don't feel the need to defend myself to total strangers either.

In the final analysis, I don't think I really care what total strangers think about me anyway. If I did care, I wouldn't have done a show that is capable of editing me into someone I am not. Sidenote- in the end I'm actually OK with how I was edited overall with the exception of what I mentioned before.

S: Were you bored being locked up with no TV, newspapers or magazines? And by stocking the mansion with a full bar and a fridge full of beer, do you think the producers were trying to get negative footage ?

T: Sher- please! What do you think? Of course! Well...actually, noteworthy footage is more like it... but negative certainly fits in that category.

So there you have it! Todd was great, just as I suspected he would be!

Thanks to Chompstick and the FoRT members, mods and writers who contributed all of the questions! And another very special thanks to Chompstick. Thanks for the hookup!

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Nice!! Whoo whoo!
    Great questions too!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    Damon- so drunk one night the producers had to yell at us to get him off the roof... He went to bed with a bugle that he blew every hour or so until incapacitated.

Coming home from the rodeo date at 1 am or so to a full blown toga party that went on until sunrise... Chad's toga did not fit... Harold's was just wrong. Ryan M's was more wrong... good times!

S: If you were asked, would you be the next Bachelor?

T: I would have to consider it- if only to have the unique opportunity to single-handedly demolish ABC's most valuable franchise.

S: Did you ever check out the Internet and message boards to see the reaction you were getting?

T: Ha. Oh yeah... I loved looking at the the message boards before the show aired. Back then there was this picture of me on the ABC website that looked like I was in a criminal line-up. That was hilarious.

Heh, didn't someone here make that comment?

I ran across a string of ill informed comments about me on a board (TWOP) that I used to think was populated by primarily smart funny people. One woman on this board totally misrepresented some comments I made to her email. Hey Chompie-he's cheating on you! You gotta love that he gives TWOP the dig!!!

Thanks to Chompstick and the FoRT members, mods and writers who contributed all of the questions! And another very special thanks to Chompstick. Thanks for the hookup!
    Thanks Sher and Chompie! High fives all around!!!! I love him.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Great interview! Thanks Sher and chompstick!

Fantastic interview Sher, you really got him to comment in depth on a lot of things.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    ohhhhh here's where we reply.

Special shoutout to my DENSA friends.

Very nice job girls (and Todd if you're reading )...I guess this means he's forgiven Chompie for pushing him out of the hammock and into the pool then?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Thanks Sher and Chompie! High fives all around!!!! I love him.
    Where is chompie anyway?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Excellent interview Good to hear insider views about the show, and Todd has such a great personality
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Thanks sher!!!

Okay...whose ready for a road trip to Vegas?? Yeah, I'm serious!
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    Thanks sher!!!

Okay...whose ready for a road trip to Vegas?? Yeah, I'm serious!
    What are we gonna do leave tomorrow and camp out at Circus Circus until they show up? In a couple of weeks is kinda vague to me.

Email him and see if you can get a definite date...and I'll agree ONLY if Matt isn't going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast