+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bachelor to Include a Big Twist

New Bachelor to Include a Big Twist

Okay i found this on www.comingsoon.net

Extra revealed Tuesday that the new Bachelor, New York Giants' Jesse Palmer, will have some help on the inside this time around when the 5th season of ABC's reality show debuts on April 7.

The show has never tried this before, but it may make things a bit less confusing for Jesse. One of the 25 Bachelorettes is actually Palmer's best friend -- and she will act as a mole, tipping Palmer as to what the girls are really like when hes not around.

"I'm hoping that this can work and I think I can find someone to spend the rest of my life with, so I'm excited," Palmer says. "Football is just a small party of my life; it doesn't define who I am or what I am."

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4032

It will be exciting to try to figure out who his best friend is there...and I think it's a good idea to let him know what's going on when he's not around some of the ladies.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Oh that's great! I can't wait! As if I'm not already addicted to this show, that makes it even more addicting!

That is a great idea. They should have done it sooner.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by macontosh2000
    "Football is just a small party of my life; it doesn't define who I am or what I am."

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4032
    Hmm a "small party?" Freudian slip there Jesse?

I think it's an intriguing twist. During Bachelor Bob I often wished Bob could hear some of the stuff Leann was saying when he wasn't around.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I think it's an intriguing twist. During Bachelor Bob I often wished Bob could hear some of the stuff Leann was saying when he wasn't around.

or Kirsten too (with Andrew)....

on vacation
    I can't wait for this show to get started again. While I don't really think Jesse Palmer is all that hot, I'm ready for the games to begin!!!!
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I think a really intriguing twist would be: Jesse picks a girl with whom he felt a "strong connection" with from the start. They date for a month or two after the show as Jesse (with help from ABC's cue people) proclaims he's "definitely in love." They do the promo rounds, everyone asks when they are going to get married. Jesse and Chosen say they are not in a rush and that they want to "enjoy being together" out of the media spotlight. A month after Chosen One episode has aired, and she and Jesse can finally be seen in public, Jesse is spotted by Enquirer paparazzi with a) a tall brunette, b) a sultry blonde, c) a former host of a TV talk show -- in compromising positions. Chosen One soon realizes that Jesse is not really committed to the idea of marriage and balks at his new contract with a) ABC Sportscasting, b) ESPN, c) the Howard Stern show, unhappily going about her life in a) the Midwest, b) L.A., c) Jersey, until one day she gets a call from Fleiss & Co., who have realized that certain something quality about her, and ask her to be the next Bachelorette. There, she meets a) a tall, handsome, fireman, b) a tall, unhandsome Bachelorette cast-off, c) a homeless guy who likes to travel a lot. Fans eat it up, but the ratings are low. No matter, Chosen One finally gets her revenge, er, soul mate, to be broadcast nationally when they tie the knot in a way over the top wedding... somewhere near a winery...
    Last edited by jenoy2001; 03-29-2004 at 05:48 PM.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

I saw this on Extra over the weekend, and I thought, "What a great new twist." To be honest, I really lost interest in this series because it just seemed to be the same thing over and over again. It didn't help that the whole dating show genre was deluged with copycats that were basically the same formula.

I think this new "twist" will help freshen up the series for me and get me watching again. Like a couple of you have mentioned, above, there's been so many times I wished the candidates of these dating shows could see how people are behaving behind their backs. It's about time!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast