+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Bob

Judge dismisses ABC suit against Bachelor Bob

It's All Roses For Bob The Bachelor
    Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against Reality Star

POSTED: 1:23 pm PST March 15, 2004
    UPDATED: 1:46 pm PST March 15, 2004

LOS ANGELES -- A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit seeking to stop "The Bachelor" star Bob Guiney from promoting his new CD, but the case can be refiled in a revised form, court papers showed Monday.

The reality show's producer, Burbank-based And Syndicated Productions, alleged that Guiney breached an exclusivity clause in his contract by hawking his "3 Sides" album.

In a ruling filed March 8, U.S. District Judge Dean Pregerson said the production company had not presented sufficient evidence to show the clause -- which bars Guiney's "participation" in any media outlet, commercials, or advertisements -- is not overly broad.

The judge also found that the production company failed to back up its contention that Guiney agreed to be available for publicity and special episodes after his services were concluded.

And Syndicated Productions has said all the stars of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" signed contracts with similar exclusivity clauses.
    http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/2923692/detail.html

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    Interesting info...sounds like they had no case at all and they probably knew it, because they have good lawyers. So I would love to know what this lawsuit was REALLY all about. Obviously Bob really pissed them off somehow and I doubt it was the publicity. I would guess it had a little something more to do with a Miss Rebecca Budig he began dating before the season finale...thoughts anyone?

It does sound like maybe he 'broke some rules' before the show had ended.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie
    Hopefully, no one will buy the stupid cd anyways. Bob's such a loser. I really liked him and now that I realize he did all of this to promote himself, I have no interest in him whatsoever. He sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13
    Hopefully, no one will buy the stupid cd anyways. Bob's such a loser. I really liked him and now that I realize he did all of this to promote himself, I have no interest in him whatsoever. He sucks.
    I am finally glad to hear someone say that! I never could stand him and I never saw what all the brouhaha about "nice guy Bob" was about. Okay so Trista didn't pick him, and he was tee heee so funny and nice. :rolleyes I thought he was a cornball dweeb and when he was being "romantic" I almost got sick. Then after giving her a "promise ring" WTF?? he and Estella lasted, what, 9 freaking days? Wow.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The main thing was that Bob did this way before he was ever the Bachelor. Sure he used it to promote the latest CD, but then Andrew sure used the Bachelor to hawk his wine. They didn't stop Andrew from doing what he did before = no case.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    I think the promo for the Firestone Wine is still going on. I thought I spied a bottle on the table at Meredith's hometown date, which would be weird since Oregon has a lot of fine wines of their own.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    i know for a fact that Bob didn't do anything wrong with the release/promoting of his CD. this is the second appeal for the lawsuit....first one was dismissed Christmas Eve....how many times can they appeal?? i'm surprised that so many hate him because of self promotion.....*cough* Aaron's resturant *cough* Andrew's wine.

i own Bob's CD and have seen him and his band play live a few times (been a fan since 1994 when Fat Amy was around.) i wish them the best of luck.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Saw this story today- Bob comments on lawsuit, not being in the 30th Anniv. People pic, and how he did find true love through the show- just not how the producers wanted him to-

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,116942,00.html

I never liked Bob either. But if they're going to sue over the promotion of his CD, what about his book? If anything I'd sue just based on the fact that it was TERRIBLE. I work at a bookstore, and that thing was one of the most poorly written pieces of work I've ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast