+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Bob

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    *yawn* Why are people still talking about Bob anyway?
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    The main thing was that Bob did this way before he was ever the Bachelor. Sure he used it to promote the latest CD, but then Andrew sure used the Bachelor to hawk his wine. They didn't stop Andrew from doing what he did before = no case.
    I'm with you on this one Eny! Every picture you saw - was andrew, jen and a bottle of firestone wine!

Bitter Bachelor Bob

I hope I'm doing this right and posting it in the right forum!

Link =
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,116942,00.html

Article =
    Bob Guiney (search) "The Bachelor's" most popular single guy to date, is still smarting from a lawsuit -recently dismissed - by the show's producers, who sought to prevent him from promoting his current album, "3 Sides"

"I never felt so betrayed in my life," he says.

"I was under the impression I could release the album in November like I originally planned, but they asked me to wait until January 15 after Meredith (last season's "The Bachelorette" (search)) premiered to really promote it on television," says Guiney. "I agreed - even though it could have really been detrimental to the album."

But something changed, he says, after he attended the televised nuptials of Trista and Ryan Sutter on Dec. 10. Perhaps not so coincidentally, he had just ended his short-lived relationship with Estella Gardinier (search), the "bachelorette" whom he chose at the end of his season on the "The Bachelor."

Shortly after the breakup, Guiney and actress Rebecca Budig ("All My Children"), who met while taping a special for ABC Family, began dating. The couple is still together and happier than ever, says Guiney.

Does he think his breakup with Gardinier factored into the producers' decision to sue? "I would hope that wasn't the case," says Guiney.

"They accused me of being opportunistic - that's really the pot calling the kettle black," says Guiney. "Our argument became if Andrew (Firestone, the previous 'Bachelor') can go back and make wine, why can't I go back and make music?"

A federal judge agreed and last month dismissed the suit filed by And Syndicated Productions, a division of Telepictures, which sought unspecified damages against Guiney and his record label Wind-up. The ruling concluded the producers had not presented sufficient evidence to show the clause which bars Guiney's "participation" in any media outlet or advertisements is not overly broad.

Currently on a 40-city tour for "3 Sides," which included a sold-out New York City performance at The Cutting Room earlier this month, Guiney is relieved the ordeal is behind him - but is still baffled by it.

"It's like when you chew on an Excedrin - your headache is gone, but you've got this bitter taste in your mouth. How did I get to be the bad guy?" he says. "(The producers) were looking at me for pilots for talk shows and other things and kept me in Los Angeles for two months (after wrapping) doing projects to promote the show. I had given them copies of the album and they were like, 'We love it.' One producer even asked to be in my video."

While battling over the lawsuit, "Bachelor" executive producers tried to convince Guiney to be part of a group photo shoot of Bachelor and Bachelorette alums for People magazine's 30th anniversary issue. Guiney declined.

"It would have been hypocritical to be there and pretend at that point that everything was hunky-dory," he says. "I thought that going there to help them celebrate something that was costing me a tremendous amount of money in legal fees would have been bull."

Despite the ugly lawsuit, Guiney says he's grateful for his "Bachelor" experience.

"Meeting Rebecca - which wouldn't have happened without the show - made it all worthwhile. Ultimately I do have to thank the producers for helping me find love in the end because I did - I just didn't do it the way they wanted me to."

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Oink.

That's right - I couldn't have found love without being a disingenuous media whore!

When he talks of betrayal maybe he should talk to
    Estella and she can tell him what it feels like

Well, as to topic in hand, his album, he was completely in the right, and the Producers actions were harrassment.

If the premise is that it is possible for these people to fall in love on a TV show, ala Trista and her Boy Toy. Is it not possible for the opposite to be true, for someone, or both of them to realize that it just wasn't going to work?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Oink.

That's right - I couldn't have found love without being a disingenuous media whore!
    ha ha! He certainly does sound bitter.

One must wonder, though: was he edited to be a ho because the producers knew he wasn't going to commit to whoever he picked?

I wonder if Ms. Budig knows about his "record."
    Last edited by jenoy2001; 04-14-2004 at 12:34 PM.
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    Well, as to topic in hand, his album, he was completely in the right, and the Producers actions were harrassment.

If the premise is that it is possible for these people to fall in love on a TV show, ala Trista and her Boy Toy. Is it not possible for the opposite to be true, for someone, or both of them to realize that it just wasn't going to work?
    I totally agree. Out of all those shows, how many actual matchups? I'm thinking that idea has pretty much run its course. May be time to quit.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I totally agree. Out of all those shows, how many actual matchups? I'm thinking that idea has pretty much run its course. May be time to quit.
    i agree too!

IMO, ABC & other networks do a terrible job picking people to be on the shows....producers are just looking for T & A.....not a good match for their Bachelors. then when things don't work out for the couple....they make the *star* of the show out to be a villian. :phhht

i do know the Guiney family....Bob is not what the media makes him out to be.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFabulous
    *yawn* Why are people still talking about Bob anyway?

Bob who??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast