+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An article from Ian's Boarding School

FORT Regular

An article from Ian's Boarding School

For those of us hungry for news of MeredIan, I found an article from Ian's boarding school:
    http://www.sps.edu/sps_today/whats_new

3/10/2004
    Bachelorette Brings Reality TV to Last-man-standing Ian McKee '94 and St. Paul's School
    By:*Jana F. Brown

In what was dubbed "the most dramatic rose ceremony" ever by host Chris Harrison, St. Paul's School alumnus Ian McKee '94 was presented with the final rose by Meredith Phillips, star of the ABC reality series The Bachelorette.

The February 25 finale marked the end of a six-week whirlwind television romance for McKee, an investment banker currently between jobs, and Phillips, a Los Angeles-based makeup artist. Despite his tendency to do the contrary and under the microscope of America, McKee got down on his knee and proposed to Phillips in the shocking conclusion to the show.

"I was shocked that he went to his knee, but not surprised that she would pick him. He is a great guy," says Scott Bohan '94, a friend of McKee and a member of the SPS Admissions staff. Bohan was among dozens of School community members, including some of Ian Mckee's former teachers and classmates, who were glued to their television sets every Wednesday night, following McKee's progress on the show.

Erik McKee '95, Ian's brother, also made a memorable appearance on the The Bachelorette, and was cast as the skeptical younger brother. In one dramatic scene during a hometown date with Phillips, Ian promised Erik that he would not propose at the end of the show. That declaration left millions of viewers up in arms, and chat rooms ablaze with talk of Erik's evil ways. While Erik McKee is able to shrug off the negative press, he does admit that fame, albeit temporary, is an eye-opening experience.

"When I was talking to my brother, it was implied that I told him not to give her the ring, but that was not the case at all. I just asked if he would propose if chosen, " says Erik McKee, an investment researcher in New York. "One thing I learned through gaining some level of recognition is how open you become to criticism. That is something I just have to live with. Everybody seems to feel like they have the right to give you an opinion on your life."

Another eye-opener for Erik McKee has been the attention he and his brother have received on the streets of New York. On a recent night out with Ian and Meredith, the trio was swarmed by rabid Bachelorette fans looking to congratulate the happy couple.

Notoriety aside, Erik McKee says that the bottom line is that he is thrilled for his brother and the happiness he and Meredith have found together. To this point, only one of the previous five couples from The Bachelorette and sibling show The Bachelor remain together.

"He was not expecting to find love and make it far when he signed up for the show," says Erik. "What was surprising to me was that when he brought Meredith to meet me, he really seemed to be into her. He seems extremely happy and she does too. It's really funny because it actually might work out."

For more on the story of SPS alumnus Ian McKee '94, including an exclusive interview, and his experience on The Bachelorette, please stay tuned for the next edition of the St. Paul's School Alumni Horae.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Uhhh I'm just hungry for Ian!

Thanks for the article and to The FORT!
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

cost of the "H.S"

Estimated total cost
    (not including travel) $33,900

WOW!! and his brother went there also. If he's "homeless", its because he wants to be

+ Reply to Thread