+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Passion of the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ogopogo
    Maxima, do you know who wrote this? The link you provided is 'temporarily unavailable' but I'm really interested in the background of the piece.
    I haven't found out yet, because the site is unavailable. It created quite a buzz on a number of boards, so I picked it up and posted here. It is just beautiful, poetic, awesome.

OK, the site is up now. It is written by some lady named Jan. If you want to comment on it or ask more questions, you can do it on her site: www.tinyboxes.com.

Maxima - love your avatar!

Wow indeed! I hadn't checked the boards in several days and I'm just blown away to see my piece here, thanks to everyone for all the kind things said...had the original forums not been lost I probably would have posted it here myself, but settled on my LiveJournal and website instead, even though I feared no one who understood would ever see it. I just had to write about it all, it just affected me too deeply. I owe everyone here much much thanks...I was too shy to post, but I obsessively read everything and loved y'all - and was totaaly crushed at the loss (though I suppose the cold turkey was good for me

Thank you for your beautiful piece, carouselrose! It expresses everything I wanted to say and much more. It's the most touching and insightful article on the Bachelor/ette that I've ever read. Thanks again.

What Meredith and Ian have is the kind they write romance novels about. That - heart thumping, breathtaking, I can't get enough of him/her love. It is more than physical. It satisfies all needs - physical, emotional, and mental. It is the love of your life - your true love and it can come at any time - young, middle aged, or old. To some, unfortunately, it never appears. To others, it may come too soon and is not acknowledged or accepted. But, to those lucky ones, it comes and stays and makes your life, and everything in it, happier and better.

I found it with my husband and I knew when he walked into the room and I first saw him. I just knew. There were no doubts when we married that I was doing the right thing. It was the same for him. Now - 24 years later - he is still the love of my life and brings me joy every day. I would rather spend time with him that do almost anything else. I am very very lucky. I hope Meredith and Ian have that kind of forever after love.

Bumping this up cause it's too beautiful to drop off the page.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12