+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: All Jesse - All of the time

eny
    FORT Fogey

All Jesse - All of the time

Ok Ok I get the point . So I was puzzled by the Meredith frenzy. She was the least interesting castmember ever to lead. No money, only ok looks,no fashion sense. It's all just a bad memory thanks to wiping out the memory banks. Onward and upward to our next Bachelor. Bachelor 5 if anyones keeping score. Please post only info you find in the thread. I don't really want to lock it because of "he's so dreamy" posts.
    If someone has legit spoilers like the folks who sussed out Mer and the boys at the Ducks game , feel free to start a new thread marked as **spoiler**

[IMG]images/img/jesse3.jpg[/IMG]
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 225
    Born: 10/05/1978
    College Team : Florida Gators
    Drafted 2001 Two seasons as Backup on the New York Giants.
    currently a Free Agent.

For those who care, the football stuff.
    SI info on Jesse

Official Press release:
    January 23, 2004
    Giant's Quaterback Next "Bachelor" on ABC
    From ABC: NFL QUARTERBACK JESSE PALMER NAMED AS NEXT BACHELOR ON ABC'S HIT ROMANTIC REALITY SERIES TO PREMIERE IN APRIL
    Palmer Is First Professional Athlete To Star In Series NFL quarterback Jesse Palmer of the New York Giants has been selected as ABC's new Bachelor -- the first professional athlete to be tapped to star in the hit romance reality series. The fifth installment of "The Bachelor" will premiere in April on the ABC Television Network.

Palmer, 25, who was drafted by the Giants in 2001, became the top backup quarterback in 2002. The strong-armed quarterback brought impressive collegiate credentials to the NFL, having played with the University of Florida Gators in Gainesville under Steve Spurrier. Palmer ranks fourth on the Gators' all-time list in passing efficiency rating (133.14), eighth on the school's career list with 3, 755 yard passing and ninth with 31 touchdown passes.
    "To have an NFL quarterback as a Bachelor is a real coup," said Mike Fleiss, executive producer of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette." "If you lined up all the greatest bachelors who have ever applied to be on the show, Jesse would definitely be our number one draft pick."

A native of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the 6'2" Palmer, who now resides in New Jersey, also garnered acclaim as the 1996 Canadian Player of the Year, first playing for St. Pius X High School and then leading the Myers Raiders, a club football team, to one of three Provincial Championships (1994-1996).

Born into a family of gridiron greats, his father, Bill, is a former Canadian Football League star with the Ottawa Rough Riders and his brother, Billy, is a tight end at Notre Dame.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Telepictures Productions. Mike Fleiss ("High School Reunion") is the executive producer. Lisa Levenson is co-executive producer.
    Last edited by eny; 03-08-2004 at 11:15 AM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    [IMG]images/img/gatorjesse.jpg[/IMG]

Interview pre Bachelor from canoe. I have bolded the interesting parts

Ottawa native Jesse Palmer is a rare Canadian trying to make it as a quarterback in the NFL. He chats with Sun reporter Don Brennan.
    By DON BRENNAN -- Ottawa Sun
    He was born in Toronto but lists Nepean as his home town, since that's where he grew up when his dad, a linebacker, transferred from the Argos to the Rough Riders.
    After four years as a Florida Gator in Steve Spurrier's "shuttle system," he was drafted by the New York Giants, and currently ranks No. 2 on the NFL team's depth chart behind Kerry Collins.
    By the time his career is over, however, this 24-year-old could very well be known as the best quarterback Canada has ever produced -- if he's not already.
    Today, we're In Your Face ... with Jesse James Palmer.
    IYF: Who was your football hero as a kid?
    JP: John Elway and Walter Payton were my two favourite players. And I used to hate Joe Montana. Just hate him, because he always beat the Bears. The Bears were my favourite team. Jim McMahon and those guys? Those were great years, man. The glory days.
    IYF: When did you know you wanted to be a pro football player?
    JP: When I was seven. Very young. My dad (Bill) would show me pictures of his CFL teams, and take me to Ottawa Rough Riders games when J.C. Watts was playing quarterback. That kind of spurred everything. He used to take me into the Argonauts locker room ... my dad played for Bob O'Billovich and he would let us in the locker room after games ... and that used to be the biggest thrill. Going in and meeting the players afterwards was just great.
    IYF: What would you be doing had there been no opportunity to follow a pro football career?
    JP: I would probably trying to get into broadcasting.
    But to be honest with you, even though I've got two degrees in college, I never thought about what I'd be doing if I wasn't playing football. I was just so fixed on it, since I was seven. Really, it's been 17 years since I've had that mindset.
    IYF: And broadcasting is something you want to get into later?
    JP: Yeah, absolutely. I'd like to a lot. I had dinner with Joe Theismann a couple of weeks ago and we talked a little bit about it. The best thing to do right now is to just focus on this, butI just did an internship with NBC Sports and I think when everything's done I'd like to get into broadcasting.
    IYF: Your first regular season action in the NFL was last Dec. 15 against Dallas, when you completed 3-of-4 passes for 30 yards and rushed once for minus-3. Can you put into words what it felt like stepping on that field?
    JP: It was incredible. One, it was Giants-Dallas, so it was a good rivalry. Then my best friends were there, at the game, and they were sitting right in the end zone where we scored ... we drove down the field and scored a touchdown ... so it was a great first experience.
    IYF: Where is your "pad" located and what does it look like?
    JP: It's in Hoboken, N.J., where Frank Sinatra was born. I just have a loft by myself. It's so bachelor. It's plastic, it's small, but it's really nice. It's got a big couch, it's got a huge bed, it's got a big TV, it's got a view of the city. It's pretty good for me.
    IYF: What's the most extravagant item in the place?
    JP: That is my television. I have a 66 inch TV. Flat screen. It's pretty nice. I have over 200 DVDs. I'm a big movie buff. I just love to hang out and watch movies.
    IYF: What are some of your favourites?
    JP: The Boondock Saints is one, it's a movie nobody knows about but it's a great movie. The Count of Monte Cristo has become a new favourite. Probably my favourite ever though, is Big Trouble in Little China. It's a classic. But I've got a lot to choose from, thankfully.
    IYF: Favourite TV shows?
    JP: There aren't too many that I really watch. To be honest with you, South Park and The Simpsons are the two funniest shows I've ever seen. I watch those whenever I get a chance. HBO has some good stuff, too, like The Sopranos and Sex In The City.
    IYF: What New York restaurant do you frequent most often and what's your most common order?
    JP: There's a pizza place in Greenwich Village, they have wood-fire pizza, and I think it's the best I've ever had. Unbelievable. The place is called Arturo's. This guy Scotty owns it, his dad started it back in like 1930, and they live right above the restaurant. We go in, and they really take care of the players. I get an Italian sausage pepperoni every time. It's ridiculous. It's so amazing.
    IYF: So everyone knows that in high school, the quarterback always dated the prettiest girl. I can't imagine what it's like to be a quarterback in the NFL, in New York City.
    JP: (Laughing): It's okay, it's okay. And I don't know about that high school thing in Ottawa. That's the big joke. Nobody really cares about football here. It's more the hockey players. The ping pong players were taking all my girlfriends. But it's okay. It's a good problem to have, I guess, when you're in the NFL.
    IYF: Do you have a steady girlfriend right now?
    JP: No, I'm single. Just trying to enjoy this part of my life.
    IYF: Do you see yourself married, and if so, when?
    JP: Absolutely. I'd love to have a big family. Right now, it's just a matter of being patient, not rushing into it. All my teammates from Florida are all married now. It's crazy. They love it, and it's great for them, but then I come back home, and of course my buddies here won't get married for another six years, so you kind of get a nice blend of both. I hear married life is great, but I don't think I'm ready for it yet. I'm thinking when I'm around 30, so I've got six more years.
    IYF: Who was your all-time favourite teacher in Ottawa?
    JP: I only went to St. Pius for a semester, I was at Confed for four years, but there is a favourite teacher that comes to mind. I loved phys-ed., I had three great phys-ed. teachers: Mr. McCahill, Mr. Warren and Mr. Hunter. But I had a math teacher, and I was terrible in math, named Mr. Nanjappa, and he just played in my golf tournament two weeks ago. He was phenomenal, and it was so good to see him.
    IYF: What was the most trouble you got into in your high school days?
    JP: My first year with Myers Riders, we won the championship game, and the guys on the team wanted to go out. I told my parents that I wanted to go with the guys, and they said okay, as long as you don't go to Hull. You're not allowed going to Hull. I was, I think, 17 at the time. So I went out, and of course, the night went on and I snuck out to Hull with the guys, and I ended up leaving my wallet in the cab on the ride back. The next day a cab company from Hull calls my house, and my dad picks up the phone. I was done. Done. Mr. Palmer was not happy.
    IYF: You played on the East Nepean Eagles team that in 1994 became the first Canadian squad to win the CanAm Syracuse Baseball Tournament in its 35-year history. What was your role on the team and what would your scouting report read like?
    JP: I was the centre fielder. We went down and just worked everybody. It was pretty special. I had a hose. Guys on second base probably shouldn't be thinking of taking home on a base hit. I was hosing them. At the plate, I was more of a slaphitter, more singles and doubles. I didn't have a lot of power. I never unlocked my hips when I hit. Closed hips hurt me on my distance.
    IYF: What about hockey?
    JP: I can't skate very well. My buddies used to beat the crap out of me when we played shinny. I had buddies playing in junior leagues, and they used to smoke me. I had to stop playing.
    IYF: What are the pluses and minuses of being the only Canadian quarterback in the NFL?
    JP: I guess the pluses are you get to come back and get free wings in Ottawa. I guess the only negative is a stigmatism, right off the bat. "He's Canadian." In the end, it doesn't really matter, because you're all just playing. But (with teammates), it's all fun and games. I keep telling them there's a great northern invasion coming, that they just don't see it yet.
    IYF: Who's your most famous, non-football playing friend?
    JP: Probably Sue Bird. She plays in the WNBA, with Seattle. She was the basketball college player of the year two years ago
    there are lots of rumors that's his ex.
    IYF: Do you run into many celebrities in the NYC circles you travel in?
    JP: I've met a lot. Mark Wahlberg, Tara Reid, a lot of the Yankees.
    IYF: So like, if there was an Ottawa guy who was going to be in New York on June 27, and he wanted to buy tickets to the Mets-Yankees game that night but it was already sold out, you actually know somebody who could, like, help him?
    JP: The Subway Series? Absolutely. We've got some hook-ups for that. We'll find you some.
    IYF: Wow. You are good.

Eny,

Thanks for posting!

Sue Bird.....could this be the tall brunette Jesse's been spotted with?

She is so beautiful, not to mention all her other great qualities....

FORT Regular
    thanks eny, interesting parts you've chosen to highlight!
    looks like we have another blobandronalex on our hands!
    Sometimes you just gotta jump and build your wings on the way down.

Who cares? Who is this guy? The backup QB for the miserable NY G-men with a 0-4 record and 79.8 QB rating? Just bring on the girls! That's why I watch this show...

Guess I'm just not one for 25 yr old football players. He doesn't do a thing for me, looks wise. But, perhaps he has a great personality - we'll have to see (if they don't edit him to death). He seems far too young to be the Bachelor. I thought Andrew was too young and he was 27!

I really enjoyed this last Bachelorette with Mer and Ian - good couple and I hope they make it. I saw the connection right away, but thought Matt was the better bet (like everyone else did too).

I'll probably watch the first couple of Bachelor 6 shows and see if is interesting and hopefully not a rehash of the Bachelor Blob Show. Besides, I can always read FORT to get the updates.

I definitely intend on watching this Bachelor 5 show...can't wait till it airs!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Guess I'm just not one for 25 yr old football players. He doesn't do a thing for me, looks wise. But, perhaps he has a great personality - we'll have to see (if they don't edit him to death). He seems far too young to be the Bachelor. I thought Andrew was too young and he was 27!
    Count me as another one not into 25 year old foot ball players!
    There must be thousands and thousands of slightly older and better looking guys, who are actually interested in marriage out there. :rolleyes Somehow I don't think this guy and who ever he chooses will last very long

K

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902
    Count me as another one not into 25 year old foot ball players!
    There must be thousands and thousands of slightly older and better looking guys, who are actually interested in marriage out there. :rolleyes Somehow I don't think this guy and who ever he chooses will last very long

K

I think Jesse Palmer is using this as an opportunity to self-promote since he hasn't done that well in the foodball field. Who knows?
    Last edited by Elle; 03-09-2004 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle

I think Jesse Palmer is using this as an opportunity to self-promote since he hasn't done that well in the foodball field. Who knows?
    That could very well be, Elle. I didn't know he hadn't done that well, career-wise. I think a lot of these reality contestants do this show for notoriety.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast