+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By scoot13
  • 1 Post By Miss_Griss
  • 1 Post By scoot13

Thread: Bachelor in Paradise Australia

Bachelor in Paradise Australia

So Australia ran their own version of BIP. I am enjoying watching it as the Aussies bring the drama just like us Yanks!

The format is just the same as ours. I was surprised a couple of episodes ago when they announced the "American Invasion". They brought Jarred (the one Ashley I wouldn't stop crying about), Grant, & Daniel (the Canadian moron).

The women went wild for them and they all hooked up. Daniel wouldn't play nice though. Kept telling all the guys that he was there to steal their women, "ALL their women". Then he proceded to do just that, making out with three different women and telling all of them basically the same thing.... "You are the hottest one here, I noticed you first. You are the only one I am interested in. I am just trying to get a rose from the other girls to stay safe."

The women surprisingly bought into it, including a discussion where the three sat down and agreed that one of them would give him a rose but he was "fair game" for all three of them!

He was really rubbing all the Aussie men wrong. Bragging to their face about how he was gonna get three roses and three of them were going home. He wasn't going anywhere!

He pushed it even further when he started talking very dirty (sex talk) to the girls and was, evidently, saying some very disrespectful stuff. The girl that was supposed to give him a rose got majorly offended and changed her mind. Daniel was sent home and the guys loved it!!

He was super entertaining but he is a giant douche! You guys should watch this show, it is pretty good!
    Arielflies likes this.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Bachelor in Paradise Australia

Is it on You Tube, or how are you able to watch it?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I dl the episodes from a web site. I think it runs new eps on Monday & Tuesday, just like ours. I don't think I can post a link here but I can PM it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    So Australia ran their own version of BIP. I am enjoying watching it as the Aussies bring the drama just like us Yanks!

The format is just the same as ours. I was surprised a couple of episodes ago when they announced the "American Invasion". They brought Jarred (the one Ashley I wouldn't stop crying about), Grant, & Daniel (the Canadian moron).

The women went wild for them and they all hooked up. Daniel wouldn't play nice though. Kept telling all the guys that he was there to steal their women, "ALL their women". Then he proceded to do just that, making out with three different women and telling all of them basically the same thing.... "You are the hottest one here, I noticed you first. You are the only one I am interested in. I am just trying to get a rose from the other girls to stay safe."

The women surprisingly bought into it, including a discussion where the three sat down and agreed that one of them would give him a rose but he was "fair game" for all three of them!

He was really rubbing all the Aussie men wrong. Bragging to their face about how he was gonna get three roses and three of them were going home. He wasn't going anywhere!

He pushed it even further when he started talking very dirty (sex talk) to the girls and was, evidently, saying some very disrespectful stuff. The girl that was supposed to give him a rose got majorly offended and changed her mind. Daniel was sent home and the guys loved it!!

He was super entertaining but he is a giant douche! You guys should watch this show, it is pretty good!
    Ugh!!! Those poor Australian girls. Jared is the only one of those three that I can stand. The other two are losers.
    scoot13 likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Well I have been watching this still. I posted a long update last week, or thought I did. Guess I am typing some of it again. Anyway... after Daniel left, the drama died off a bit but the Aussies did their best to take up the slack. There were some good story lines but I will stick with the Amercian's stories.

Jared paired up with a girl named Leah, who is the Aussie equivalent of Claire. They didn't really have a physical connection and she let him know that constantly. She called him a friend and referred to her rose as a "friendship rose".

Of course, then Rachel, a gorgeous brunette with an eye on "American Jared" (there are two Jareds) arrives in Paradise with a date card. She takes Jared on a date and Leah has a jealous meltdown. They make out and couple up. Leah decides that she really likes Jared and that she needs to seduce him to show him. He doesn't buy it at all and tells her that he is giving his rose to Rachel. Another meltdown.

Of course there is a twist.... at the ceremony a new guy (Thomas) goes right before Jared and gives his rose to Rachel. Jared gives his rose to Leah, so she is somehow saved.

Leah and he have a conversation and Jared tells her that he was fully planning on sending her home and giving his rose to Rachel until Thomas stole her. Leah has been threatening to quit the entire game. She says it so often that no one cares anymore, they all say, "Just go then!". So when the host announces that there will be "No new arrivals" in paradise, she has one last meltdown and then leaves.

So while that is going on, Thomas has a date card and takes Rachel on the date. Of course, just like in our version, she makes out with him and decides that she likes him better than "American Jared". Jared takes it hard, he really liked Rachel and they seemed like a good fit. Thomas is a bit of a moron.

After he is single again, a couple of girls really want to stay and start playing up to Jared. He has two girls that both want a rose and want him to pick them. One of them really likes another guy (who is already coupled) and the other does kinda like Jared.

At the rose ceremony, Jared decided not to give his rose to anyone and he went home, as did the two girls.

Sounds like just one more week in paradise for them, that's two more episodes. BTW... Grant is still there. I saw him leaning against a counter while two girls were fighting and then he did get a speaking line at the end of the second episode. "Ali, would you accept this rose?". Good job Grant.

They finished up the season and couples both split up and pledged their undying allegiance to each other.

Grant was the only American left and he got a LOT of air time on the last episode. He really did hit it off with Ali, a really pretty blonde Aussie lass. They spent the last episode talking about how much they loved each other and did not want to be apart. She was gonna move to LA to be with him. She was a little worried about moving because she has a great job, that she loves, and loves her friends and family. Still, she was excited about it and they were gonna be together forever as it faded off into another couple's story.

I guess they don't do reunion shows there. At the end of the show they flashed credits catching up on each couple. A slow motion vid of Ali walking was accompanied by this message:

"Ali moved to LA to be with Grant. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. But Ali has decided to give love one more shot. She will be Australia's next Bachelorette." Fade to black.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Anybody who would move halfway around the world to live with Grant is either really dumb or just hasn't done their homework. He's not real good at doing relationships outside of the Bachelor bubble, but she got the lead on the next show, so maybe giving up that job she loved worked out after all.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread