+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Bachelor Winter Games (premieres Feb. 13th) - News & Speculation

The Bachelor Winter Games (premieres Feb. 13th) - News & Speculation

This premieres 2/13 and will include Dean and Luke to name a few. They're going way back for some of them from season 1
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Re: The Bachelor Winter Games (premieres Feb. 13th) - News & Speculation

Here's the press release with show and schedule info ... apparently none of the episodes airs the same time as a Celebrity Big Brother episode:

-------------------------------------------------

For the First Time Ever, Bachelors and Bachelorettes from Around the World Mix Love, Humor and Friendly Competition on "The Bachelor Winter Games," the Newest Addition to ABC's Hit Romance Reality Franchise, Premiering Tuesday, February 13
    Chris Harrison hosts this highly anticipated, four-episode series, complete with the usual dose of tears, drama, romance and laughter.

Highlights Include Appearances by Bachelor Nation Alumni Ryan and Trista Sutter, Arie Luyendyk Jr., Rachel Lindsay and JoJo Fletcher; Figure Skating Champions Nancy Kerrigan, Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner; ESPN's Hannah Storm and KABC's Ashley Brewer; and a Performance by Country Singer/Songwriter Ruthie Collins

Is love the universal language? Find out as 14 international bachelors and bachelorettes from such countries as Switzerland, Japan and Australia compete and, hopefully, find love with 12 of America's Bachelor Nation favorites. These singles will go head-to-head in winter-themed challenges, including the toughest sport of all - love. Chris Harrison hosts this highly anticipated, four-episode series, complete with the usual dose of tears, drama, romance and laughter, as "The Bachelor Winter Games," a global celebration of unity and love, premieres on TUESDAY, FEB. 13 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

The series will continue on Thursday, February 15; Tuesday, February 20, and will have its finale on Thursday, February 22. All episodes will air 8:00-10:01 p.m. EST.

For close to two decades, "The Bachelor," a pop culture phenomenon, has spawned international versions of the series. For the first time since its inception, 26 of the most eligible singles from around the world gather at the luxurious Vermont winter resort of The Hermitage Club.

In the series premiere, the participants meet in the streets of Vermont for a grand celebration. Bachelor royalty Trista and Ryan Sutter serve as grand marshals kicking off the festivities. With the backdrop of snowy winter white mountains, ESPN SportsCenter anchor and sports journalist Hannah Storm, and KABC-TV sports anchor and correspondent Ashley Brewer join host Chris Harrison for the action. Following a featured performance by up-and-coming country music sensation Ruthie Collins, the singles move into their Bachelor villa and the games of love begin.

Throughout the run of "The Bachelor Winter Games," fans can expect twists and turns on and off the ski mountain, as well as romance, heartbreak, love and, of course, roses. The bachelors and bachelorettes will participate in challenges from winter biathlon to ice dancing, with date cards being given to the winners of each challenge. Romantic dates will test the bachelors' and bachelorettes' perseverance in pursuing relationships with one another while faced with language barriers and cultural differences, including some amusing issues with intimacy. With guest appearances by world champion and five-time U.S. figure skating pairs champions Tai Babilonia and Randy Gardner, as well as figure skating legend Nancy Kerrigan, "The Bachelor Winter Games" promises no shortage of excitement.

Viewers will watch Bachelor Nation expand into Bachelor World as love expands over oceans and across continents. Will the first truly international Bachelor couple unite in February?

Additional bachelors and bachelorettes will be announced shortly.

The Bachelors and Bachelorettes who can be revealed are:

USA Men
    Ben, 29, "The Bachelor" Season 20 - USA
    Dean, 26, "The Bachelorette" Season 13 (Rachel Lindsay) - USA
    Eric, 29, "The Bachelorette" Season 13 (Rachel Lindsay) - USA
    Jamey, 33, "The Bachelorette" Season 13 (Rachel Lindsay) - USA
    Josiah, 29, "The Bachelorette" Season 13 (Rachel Lindsay) - USA
    Luke, 33, "The Bachelorette" Season 12 (JoJo Fletcher) - USA
    Michael, 37, "The Bachelorette" Season 9 (Desiree Hartsock Siegfried) - USA

USA Women
    Ashley I., 29, "The Bachelor" Season 19 (Chris Soules) - USA
    Clare, 36, "The Bachelor" Season 18 (Juan Pablo Galavis) - USA
    Lesley, 30, "The Bachelor" Season 17 (Sean Lowe) - USA

International Men
    Benoit, 31, "The Bachelorette" Season 1 - Canada
    Christian, 34, "The Bachelorette" Season 1 - Switzerland and Germany
    Courtney, 31, "The Bachelorette" Season 2 - Australia
    Jordan, 34, "The Bachelor" Season 2 - New Zealand
    Kevin, 33, "The Bachelorette" Season 1 - Canada

International Women
    Ally, 24, "The Bachelor" Season 3 - New Zealand
    Jenny, 34, "The Bachelor" Season 1 - Finland
    Laura, 29, "The Bachelor" Season 1 - United Kingdom
    Lily, 21, "The Bachelor" Season 3 - New Zealand
    Nastassia, 26, "The Bachelor" Season 3 - Sweden
    Rebecca, 26, "The Bachelor" Season 3 - Sweden
    Tiffany, 31, "The Bachelor" Season 4 - Australia
    Yuki, 21, "The Bachelor" Season 1 - Japan
    Zoe, 25, "The Bachelor" Season 1 - China

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor Winter Games" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Unscripted & Alternative Television. Mike Fleiss, Martin Hilton, Nicole Woods and Bennett Graebner are the executive producers. Harrison is a co-executive producer. "The Bachelor Winter Games" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 stereo surround sound. A parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.
    karna68 and Cootie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

This will either be very entertaining or really, really, really awful.
    karna68, Coco46 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Ashley I., - she is "Ashley" crying in the commercial. I think I'll like it for the snow.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well here's my cure for cabin fever!

Lesley is going to be on?! Oh my goodness, I just passed and went to heaven! That's such great news!
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Well here's my cure for cabin fever!

Lesley is going to be on?! Oh my goodness, I just passed and went to heaven! That's such great news!
    I don't remember her. Care to remind me who she is? I thought Peter from Rachel Lindsay's season was supposed to be part of this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I don't remember her. Care to remind me who she is? I thought Peter from Rachel Lindsay's season was supposed to be part of this.
    Peter said that wasn't true. Maybe its a secret or something...
    They lost me when I saw Ashley I, and she was crying..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I'd be happy to! She was on Sean's season, a good friend of Catherine's (she ended up being in their wedding), and she got let go during a date in a park (I think) because she wasn't able to open up about her feelings for him. If I recall correctly, he said later that he wished he had known how she was feeling because if he had, he wouldn't have let her go when he did. She worked in DC and after her time on the show she traveled extensively. And I don't know if you saw it or not, but I posted not too long ago a story about her having preventative surgery because there's a history of breast disease in her fam. She's bright, she's witty, and I love everything she wears!

(I just looked it up and she was a lobbyist for a Dem strategist.)

lesley-anne-murphy-bachelor.jpg

I found this on People's website which may ring a bell with you -

Sean 1/2013

Last week could not have gone better. My dates on The Bachelor with Sarah and Desiree were fantastic.

I was hoping to make the same progress this week. I knew I had a fun one-on-one date planned first, but that it might also be very awkward if I didnít choose the right girl. Thatís why I decided to ask Lesley M. if she would join me on my Guinness Record date.

She was the perfect choice because I felt so comfortable around her from the beginning. Lesley broke the ice on the first night by having me bend over with the football, and Iíve enjoyed my time with her ever since.

Women like Lesley are hard to find. She is not just sexy, smart and funny, but sheís also really easy to be around. I felt like I had known Lesley for years and it had only been two weeks. Thatís why she was the one I wanted to set the record for worldís longest on-screen kiss with her.

The kiss actually really surprised me! I thought kissing for more than three minutes would be awkward and uncomfortable Ė especially since it took place on Hollywood Boulevard and in front of a crowd of people. But it wasnít. Time flew by and it was much more passionate than I thought it would be. I think that speaks to the chemistry we share.

We ended the date on the rooftop of the famous Roosevelt Hotel. My feelings for Lesley had definitely been growing throughout the date but they were solidified there. We had so much fun together. She had the ability to open up and speak from the heart and then also be really goofy. I loved that about her.

One thing you didnít get to see on TV was at one point, we started feeding each other brownies and making all kinds of inappropriate remarks while doing so. We were laughing hysterically and were left with chocolate all over our faces.

And, of course, the night ended with one of the most romantic kisses Iíve ever had. It doesnít get much better than kissing a beautiful woman on top of the Roosevelt while overlooking Hollywood as confetti guns are going off. It was a perfect ending to a perfect date.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks for posting about Lesley, BB, I definitely remember her now from her photo but funny, I cannot seem to recall their date at all. I do remember liking her at the time, thinking she had much more going on upstairs than some of the usual airheads.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Bibiana from the current season will be having "fun in the snow".
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast