Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb22/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb22/10

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3835882;
    But one would think that they would "pay" him off for footage of it or they could blur his face out....something! I just think that without any evidence, it's crap. Prior to this show tonight, most of the women agreed to not seeing much of anything taking place. Now all of a sudden they did see something?!?!

I'm not at all taking up for Rozlyn because I didn't even watch until after she was kicked off. But I just don't understand how this show thrives on taping every little second, yet they never got that on camera/don't want to show the footage.
    ITA. Where I work if they think someone is up to something they will set up cameras to catch them in the act & then show it to them when they fire them. They could have easily done this. I am not buying anything they are saying, until I see the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Beruthiel;3836517;
    After reading extensively here there and everywhere, I'm most bemused by the attitude towards Ali. It seems that she is "fake" and "hypocritical" for being not so nice to Vienna, and yet we know, despite protestations to the contrary since, that all of the girls had problems with Vienna, enough so that they didn't even want to share a room with her. One of the girls said that she talked trash about everyone else, and Ali herself said that no one knows the unkind and hurtful things Vienna said to her - so Ali is taking the brunt of the flack for Vienna's actions, despite having only reacted to them.
    And she is made fun of for crying her eyes out and 'acting' for an opportunity to be the next Bachelorette. I don't get that at all, I can't see any ordinary woman faking so well that she's okay with being filmed all snotty with her makeup all over her face, as well as her hair in tangles. Just because Vienna called all of the women in the house fakes doesn't make it so. Ali had a 4.0GPA at college, and values her work, she's not one of those women who'd be happy to let a man wrap her in furs and plop her on a pedestal, she is actually very sensible, from most of her interviews, and in fact her drop out from the show was due to her being sensible and not being willing to risk her livelihood for the dream.
    It seems to me that she's being treated on the boards in much the same way as she's being accused of behaving in the house towards Vienna. And that's sad.
    Everything she does is judged as being simply an act so that she can become the next bachelorette, as in "she's towing (sic) - should be toeing the party line and following orders". Or "she's rude and blunt, and backtracking to improve her image."
    Why can't she have had real feelings towards Jake? It looks very much to me as if they had real feelings towards each other, which are not yet resolved, just as Chris states. And why can't she have had genuine regrets over her behaviour, after getting out of the hothouse atmosphere and realising that she hadn't behaved as well as she might have done?
    Gia is given the "aw, poor thing" because she was insecure and didn't express her feelings to Jake. Ali is deemed to have been manipulating, when she was insecure, and left because of her insecurity.
    I don't like Vienna, but I feel bad for the horrible things being publicised about her, true or not. I don't like Ali a whole lot, but I also feel bad at the way she's being vilified for different reasons. We never got to see everything, we don't know the half of it, and that's why we should give each and every one of those women a break, we haven't walked in their shoes. And, since everyone seems to believe in the script and the edit, why are we believing some things implicitly and refusing to believe others? What makes one concept more reliable? I sure as heck can't tell, even after 65 years of watching people, and with a jaundiced eye to boot.
    I'll be so glad when this farce of a season is over, and may Fleiss taste the flames of Hades at some point in his existence for his prostitution of the ideal of love.
    Mob mentality...one person who favored another girl said it, then others hopped on board. The thing to keep in mind is that not one single girl in the house who actually knew Ali had anything bad to say about her, much less how "mean" she is. Quite the contrary, when asked about her, they all said how much they liked her. They only had "bad" things to say about Vienna, another girl they knew from being with her in the house. So I think I'm goint to go with the ones who actually knew her, instead of people who just post something mean about someone they never met. I, myself, never say her being "mean" toward Vienna. I saw her say bluntly that she was shocked and couldn't believe Jake gave Vienna a rose. I was too! But, apparently, bluntness is good in Vienna and bad in Ali. Go figure! As far as being "mean", I thought the girl at the comedy club who did the "impression" of Vienna was mean. But, like others, that's just my opinion!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3836555;
    ITA. Where I work if they think someone is up to something they will set up cameras to catch them in the act & then show it to them when they fire them. They could have easily done this. I am not buying anything they are saying, until I see the proof.
    I think what was implied was that as a producer he is aware where cameras are installed, so they would have avoided "hot spots" where there is a chance of being recorded.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3836559;
    I think what was implied was that as a producer he is aware where cameras are installed, so they would have avoided "hot spots" where there is a chance of being recorded.
    With him being the producer, he could have just told the camera guys to leave. After all the producer are the bosses

I don't quite get the discussion in this thread about Christina.... it never once crossed my mind when watching that he was hitting on her or that he was interested in any way. To me, it just seemed like an observation he had made after watching an episode about some of the contestants ... like "gee, I didn't realize that Christina was so funny", or "I didn't realize that Tenley was so much like Snow White" or "how come I didn't get to see Vienna without her makeup on - that would have made a difference in my choice" -
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nuanced;3836465;
    Yeah... I noticed the intensity...

And it was weird how CH asked Jake if he had seen Ali since the show... to me that is another clue that Jake maybe didn't pick someone...

I think Ali is too strong of a woman for Jake... he needs a woman to stay home so that he can be the "man of the house." I actually like Jake... not the most scintillating bach, but really a sincere, if confused, guy. I think this show could make anyone crazy... but if he'd just gone into it to have fun and see what happens... it would probably have been better on him. Being so determined to "find a wife" put a lot of pressure on him, imho.

I think the one thing that came across loud and clear on this show is that he has some deep seated insecurities about being with strong women... and is very sensitive about rejection (of course, aren't we all about that one).

I don't see that - I think that both Ali and Vienna are strong women, as was Jillian, and he would have been glad to have had the opportunity to be in a relationship with her as well. As far as being sensitive about rejection, if that is related to Ali's departure and his decision not to take her back, to me, that would be a decision based on what he perceived as her integrity, maturity, and consistency, and when one is looking for a lifetime partner, one does not want someone whose decisions come off as flighty and unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3836561;
    I don't quite get the discussion in this thread about Christina.... it never once crossed my mind when watching that he was hitting on her or that he was interested in any way. To me, it just seemed like an observation he had made after watching an episode about some of the contestants ... like "gee, I didn't realize that Christina was so funny", or "I didn't realize that Tenley was so much like Snow White" or "how come I didn't get to see Vienna without her makeup on - that would have made a difference in my choice" -
    I agree. I think it was an oversight that he didnt take enough interest sooner in Christina. I dont feel she played any kind of enough "role" to even be considered as next Bachelorette.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse;3836556;
    Mob mentality...one person who favored another girl said it, then others hopped on board. The thing to keep in mind is that not one single girl in the house who actually knew Ali had anything bad to say about her, much less how "mean" she is. Quite the contrary, when asked about her, they all said how much they liked her. They only had "bad" things to say about Vienna, another girl they knew from being with her in the house. So I think I'm goint to go with the ones who actually knew her, instead of people who just post something mean about someone they never met. I, myself, never say her being "mean" toward Vienna. I saw her say bluntly that she was shocked and couldn't believe Jake gave Vienna a rose. I was too! But, apparently, bluntness is good in Vienna and bad in Ali. Go figure! As far as being "mean", I thought the girl at the comedy club who did the "impression" of Vienna was mean. But, like others, that's just my opinion!
    Thanks for your response, and I agree with every point you make! Sometimes I wonder if some of us are watching the same show as everyone else, or that I'm getting senile in my old age. :
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci

the rozlyn segment felt heavily edited in parts to me. specifically, when CH asked her if she had seen the producer since leaving the show and they talked about him having visited her hometown. suddenly she is no longer heated, like she had been when hearing from the other women.

i would be willing to bet that question occurred much earlier in the "interview," before roz realized what the game was. had it been asked in that sequence, i doubt she would have answered it, let alone in such a calm way. i think it was edited to be used as collaborating with the story they wanted to tell.

i agree that it was nothing other than a kangaroo court. no, i can't explain why the women said what they did, though i do find it odd and interesting that jessie's only real dialogue of the season involved vienna not being right for jake and an alleged kiss between roz and the producer. she had no real dialogue the whole season except for key plot points, AND she's an actress?

and on a completely different note, kathryn needs to lay off the fake tan. that stuff doesn't look good on anyone, and she was nearing oompa-loompa last night imo. sweet girl, bad tan
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3836552;
    That's what really bugged me about Ella. Why did her story change? I'm disappointed in her if she let them put words in her mouth!!
    I have always thought there was some truth to the "relationship" with Roz and ABC employee. However I never believed it was all they cracked it up to be. I would have to go back and look at every single post show interview given by the ladies who left but I recall quite a few of them saying they didn't see anything going on that was a big deal with Roz and producer, (such as Ella)

I can easily see ABC/Ch sitting these women down and saying leading things and getting them to remember things in hindsight that may or may not have happened.

I have no idea what the truth is but my guess is it was something like this:

Roz met producer at her home prior to show. He was smitten with her good looks and flirted with her and tried to give her some inside scoop on how to handle the show (or something to make them feel connected)

During filming Roz leaned on him for support borrowed his cell when they wouldn't let her call home because they didn't have a camera crew handy to film, etc.

Perhaps tipsy nights did play a factor in some of it. Bottom line I think ABC made a big story where there was a small one.

I don't think any of the girls out right lied as much as the were given a "revisionist history" to recount.

I think Roz is probably no angel and wasn't there to find love but nor do I think she is the skank they tried to portray and CH is certainly no angel.