Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb22/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb22/10

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3836120;
    I'll have to rewatch - I didn't hear him say hopefully.
    He definitely said hopefully.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think when Jake is done with someone (as in romantic interest), he is finished. When Ali chose to leave, I think he closed that door and will keep it cosed. The story ended with Gia, no matter how much she wanted something more. He was very blunt with everyone tonight. Kathryn didn't even exist as far as Jake was concerned. I don't think he commented on Ella. Ashleigh - not going to happen.
    I think he has moved on completely. If he is unattached, he may remain friends with several if he happens to fly into their town.
    The exception is Christina ... she was the only one with whom he showed any "future" inclination - as in a missed opportunity. I could see him revisiting her when all the scrutiny dies down ... and he is unattached.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

After reading extensively here there and everywhere, I'm most bemused by the attitude towards Ali. It seems that she is "fake" and "hypocritical" for being not so nice to Vienna, and yet we know, despite protestations to the contrary since, that all of the girls had problems with Vienna, enough so that they didn't even want to share a room with her. One of the girls said that she talked trash about everyone else, and Ali herself said that no one knows the unkind and hurtful things Vienna said to her - so Ali is taking the brunt of the flack for Vienna's actions, despite having only reacted to them.
    And she is made fun of for crying her eyes out and 'acting' for an opportunity to be the next Bachelorette. I don't get that at all, I can't see any ordinary woman faking so well that she's okay with being filmed all snotty with her makeup all over her face, as well as her hair in tangles. Just because Vienna called all of the women in the house fakes doesn't make it so. Ali had a 4.0GPA at college, and values her work, she's not one of those women who'd be happy to let a man wrap her in furs and plop her on a pedestal, she is actually very sensible, from most of her interviews, and in fact her drop out from the show was due to her being sensible and not being willing to risk her livelihood for the dream.
    It seems to me that she's being treated on the boards in much the same way as she's being accused of behaving in the house towards Vienna. And that's sad.
    Everything she does is judged as being simply an act so that she can become the next bachelorette, as in "she's towing (sic) - should be toeing the party line and following orders". Or "she's rude and blunt, and backtracking to improve her image."
    Why can't she have had real feelings towards Jake? It looks very much to me as if they had real feelings towards each other, which are not yet resolved, just as Chris states. And why can't she have had genuine regrets over her behaviour, after getting out of the hothouse atmosphere and realising that she hadn't behaved as well as she might have done?
    Gia is given the "aw, poor thing" because she was insecure and didn't express her feelings to Jake. Ali is deemed to have been manipulating, when she was insecure, and left because of her insecurity.
    I don't like Vienna, but I feel bad for the horrible things being publicised about her, true or not. I don't like Ali a whole lot, but I also feel bad at the way she's being vilified for different reasons. We never got to see everything, we don't know the half of it, and that's why we should give each and every one of those women a break, we haven't walked in their shoes. And, since everyone seems to believe in the script and the edit, why are we believing some things implicitly and refusing to believe others? What makes one concept more reliable? I sure as heck can't tell, even after 65 years of watching people, and with a jaundiced eye to boot.
    I'll be so glad when this farce of a season is over, and may Fleiss taste the flames of Hades at some point in his existence for his prostitution of the ideal of love.
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Does the "huge" announcement have to be about Jake's status? Can it be that Ali will be the next Bachelorette? I hope she's not. Don't really want to root for or watch a "mean" girl like Ali. I watched Deanna's season because the men were interesting, but didn't I like Deanna, and I dislike Ali even more, even though she was one my of favorites in the first two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3836510;
    I think when Jake is done with someone (as in romantic interest), he is finished. When Ali chose to leave, I think he closed that door and will keep it cosed. The story ended with Gia, no matter how much she wanted something more. He was very blunt with everyone tonight. Kathryn didn't even exist as far as Jake was concerned. I don't think he commented on Ella. Ashleigh - not going to happen.
    I think he has moved on completely. If he is unattached, he may remain friends with several if he happens to fly into their town.
    The exception is Christina ... she was the only one with whom he showed any "future" inclination - as in a missed opportunity. I could see him revisiting her when all the scrutiny dies down ... and he is unattached.
    I think the door was closed on Ali because she left the show and the producers already did the Ed thing and weren't going to do the same stunt. In interviews, etc its been very obvious Jake was falling for Ali the most.

As for not talking about some of the other girls than Christina, well remember we saw what a few minutes of Jake and yet there was hours of filming, just saying.....

Well, if that was the best they could put together after hours of filming, it's pretty disappointing. The only thing semi-entertaining were the "outtakes." IMO Would have liked to see Jake on the hot seat next to some of the women he "denied."

FORT Fanatic

Is there any chance that Christina is the next Bachloette and Jake did that whole thing about Christina to get buzz about her out there

In my experience, watching this show for years, I've never seen the producers agree to show "negative" comments made by the Bachelor/Ette's family about a contestant, unless they were F2 or just not together anymore. I couldn't believe the looks that were shot by the family members after they asked, "So, Vienna was the most hated in the house?" Vienna just laughed and the rest of them were dead silent, consistently shooting looks at one another. It reminds me of Andrew Firestone's season; they did not like his F2 (name escapes me!) and there was a definite feeling of dislike in the room (I believe his brother very much vocalized it as well). There is no way that the producers would show the negative comments or even the feeling of "What on earth is Jake doing with this girl?" if they were together.

It almost makes me believe he doesn't choose anyone but CH's blog says Jake is happy & in love. On last night's show, he looked stressed and anything but happy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Happygirl77us;3836534;
    Is there any chance that Christina is the next Bachloette and Jake did that whole thing about Christina to get buzz about her out there
    I think this is possible but Jake seemed sincere. Perhaps both are true. If Ali could not commit before the filming of ATR they had to have another contender in the wings and someone outgoing is a must.

Ali, has been my favorite from the start and if her job allows she is a shoo in for Bachette. Does anyone know what her job is? I understand her being torn. When she said she would have to give up her apt in San Franscisco and basically her life, that is huge. Ali knew that Vienna was the strongest contender and just could not take a one in 4 chance. I also think she held the notion that if things did not work out for Jake he would possibly get in touch.

Roz, was the quintessential deer in the headlights. Lying is so unattractive! The information the girls presented was damning and Gia had the best take. Just admit it and leave, life happens.

Tenley, has been my least favorite. Yes, even less than Vienna. Her "sweetness" seems a cover act for a real person deep inside. Not that sweet isn't part of the package, it just isn't the whole story. Sh*tting rainbows and dreaming in cartoons, perfect!!

RS. As far as the big news? How big can it be? We have seen too much to fall for this cliff hanger.

I do think Melissa will replace Samantha on DWTS. And for me that is a good choice, I like her and she has a good perspective for the job. And I don't believe Samantha left, her contract was not renewed becasue they wanted Melissa.

I would be thrilled if Jake and Vienna did not work out and he took up with Ali or gave Christina a shot. It just seems so logical for a Bachelor to aim for another contestant in this situation.

No shocking ending here. Onward and looking forward to the Bachelorette, whoever she may be.

Quote Originally Posted by dollfacemarcy;3835769;
    Okay, I had to post. I read in an interview with Ella that she said after her elimination:
    Q: (Re: the Rozlyn situation) Were you one of the women who believed something was going on?
    A: I really think Rozlyn is a good person. She spoke to me about her son, and I told her about mine. I really did not see a lot with her and the producer. I saw them being friendly with each other, but I did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Yet, on the preview, she says she did see something with Rozlyn. Was she/they maybe told to say they had all seen it?
    That's what really bugged me about Ella. Why did her story change? I'm disappointed in her if she let them put words in her mouth!!