Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1454555657585960616263646566 LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS 2/15 Show Thread

Re: SPOILERS 2/15 Show Thread

I have been reading all your posts and all I have to say is "stupid is as stupid does"

"Run Forest Run!
    thatsaaalotaawords...

FORT Fanatic

One thing I took a note of is JAKE said I am falling in love with these women but I am in love with V. There is a difference in falling in love and in love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3830223;
    I'm not a fan of Vienna at all and certainly don't think she's ready for marriage (despite what she says), but if after Jake asked her what kind of stone and band she wanted at dinner, he ends up not giving her a ring at the FRC, I wouldn't blame her for being really pissed.
    There was a poll on AOL that showed an 87% popularity vote for Meredith's Mathew which might explain the outrage when she told him she would be honored to accept a ring from him only a couple of weeks later to reject him for Ian. She half-heartedly as an excuse blamed it on the show for an explanation.
    Vienna is not popular. It is the exact same concept - the Bach/ette leads a contender to believe with the specific idea of a ring that he/she is the one - but I don't think that people would be as outraged for her as they were for Matt by the blatant and hurtful deception. A ring should never be mentioned -even at the producer's prompting - if the intention to produce one is not there. That is going too far.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3830240;
    He came off as a j-e-r-k of a producer pawn to have interviewed Vienna about what sort of a ring she liked...and then a split second later tell her to her (crestfallen) face that he was "in love with" all three girls.

P.S. I'm really just posting to trot out my Jake the Dopey Pirate avatar...and caption/signature line Argh.
    I think Jake asked all 3 about their ring preferences, just like he also asked all 4 families for permission to marry their daughters. We were just shown selected few for drama's sake. Jake is playing with all their heads. And MF is playing with all of our heads.

P.S. Good job with Jakey the Dopey Pirate. What an idiot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3830118;
    I wonder if it was more that he already had a feeling which one he would send home, and Ali back in the mix just complicates things because he would have to A) Bring her back only to send her right back home with Gia or B) Send someone else home with Gia [and he hadn't yet thought that far ahead and wasn't at all prepared to do that]. If he had kept Ali, Tenley, and Vienna.... well that's like taking a step backwards in the "journey". Just a thought.
    Why has Jake been portrayed as the guy no gal would want to give up when his personality and everything else incl. this show just screams the opposite? That seems to be the problem this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3830268;
    There was a poll on AOL that showed an 87% popularity vote for Meredith's Mathew which might explain the outrage when she told him she would be honored to accept a ring from him only a couple of weeks later to reject him for Ian. She half-heartedly as an excuse blamed it on the show for an explanation.
    Vienna is not popular. It is the exact same concept - the Bach/ette leads a contender to believe with the specific idea of a ring that he/she is the one - but I don't think that people would be as outraged for her as they were for Matt by the blatant and hurtful deception. A ring should never be mentioned -even at the producer's prompting - if the intention to produce one is not there. That is going too far.
    Bloomers, I had forgotten about the outrage at Meredith for leading Matthew on; to me it was so obvious she was gaga over Ian and the producers made her say that line, since she looked pained as she said it, and could barely bring herself to kiss him, but oh well. Matt was a true gentleman.

As far as Vienna, what I was trying to say in response to the OP is that if Jake picks her at the end, but chooses not to propose and give her the ring, it will be very tacky that he asked her for her preferences. If he asked the same of all three women, but doesn't plan on proposing to anyone, it will be equally tacky, and weak of him if he let the producers talk him into that line of conversation under the circumstances.

FORT Fogey

I've actually been thinking the pirate patch symbolizes Jake's inability to see the whole picture; he only sees/hears half of what all the women tell him.

Overall I think it's sad the way everyone on this show has been treated and edited this season...

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3830279;
    I've actually been thinking the pirate patch symbolizes Jake's inability to see the whole picture; he only sees/hears half of what all the women tell him.Overall I think it's sad the way everyone on this show has been treated and edited this season...
    I thought the same thing, Doats. It was a producer wink. They aired it at least twice.

Jake licking Vienna like a puppy has to be one of the worst moments of television for 2009-2010. It came off as weird and gross, not playful or romantic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3830295;
    I thought the same thing, Doats. It was a producer wink. They aired it at least twice.

Jake licking Vienna like a puppy has to be one of the worst moments of television for 2009-2010. It came off as weird and gross, not playful or romantic.
    I just thought the whole pirate game was wierd - and what was with making her walk the plank and then pushing her off. It did not come off as playful, just really, really odd.

FORT Regular

In my opinion, the Vienna hate is getting a little ridiculous.

I took a quick look over at the official ABC boards, and Vienna is being called a dog, a tranny, a horse, a tramp, etc etc..

I think these girls have problems of their own.

It's hilarious to think that the same girls who swear this show is fake, hate some girl because of the way she's portrayed on this "fake" show..